2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Go Big or Go Home!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Big or Go Home!

Well I have decided to GO BIG guys!! With the help of Turbo06Sedan as my mechanic I plan on doing the following things to the cobalt, all at once!

Black/Chrome Projectors with Plug N Play HID Kit.
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Tranny Mounts.
Ingalls TD
Snow Performance Meth kit
Lowering springs
3inch Header/downpipe with Highflow cat.
HPTuner Software
Wideband 02 Gauge.
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Mechanical Boost Gauge.
Injen Cold Air Intake.
Cobalt Addiction 2.79inch pulley *GM Stage2 Look ALIKE*
Dual Pass End Plate with Option B
Cobalt Addiction Heat Exchanger
Cobalt Addiction Phenolic Throttlebody Spacer
Nightshade for rear lights.

I ask for your guys help. I am looking for a reputable place to purchase these items, and for your opinions on what else I need and what should be changed. Current mods are in my sig, thanks guys!

Edit: Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in general. Either way, please give me your 2 cents on what specifically I should buy and from where, links are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-05-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:28 AM

looks like you got some major crap going on the only flaw i see in it is if youe ganna go headlight already shouldnt you just get tail lights to? i mean night shade is nice but if you mess up it sucks and the led light looks awsome have some myself. just my 2 cents
Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 AM

check the vendor forums... some have good deals going on, and do a lot of looking around honestly and compare the prices with shipping
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats cool doing everything at once, but you might have a little more fun if you do things a little bit at a time. Every time it starts to get old, just slap on another part. Just my $.02 but thats a nice mod list there!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
We need proof! This is about as valid as me posting my intention to put nitrous on my Mustang.

While I'm at it:

1. I plan to buy some HT0 spark plugs for the nitrous

2. I plan to buy a Nitrous Express (because they are a supporting vendor for our magazine and I can buy it around wholesale price, or even get some stuff for free if I write an article about it) Wet-kit. I want to run a 150 shot, on which my buddy is making 475hp/550tq to the wheels on his with the same bolt ons, and is tuned similarly.

That's roughly 560bhp and 650tq. And that's estimating a ~15% powertrain loss from the wheel figures.

3. Need to tune to take out the IAT compensation, and also remove 6* of timing for that size shot.

Should cost me ~$100 for the plugs, and ~$700 or less for the kit, and the tune is free because I do it.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned

Thanks for the support guys. I would rather get everything done with all at once. I am paying Turbo06Sedan to do the work for me because I do not have the tools nor the knowledge, nor the strength. I was in a car accident and broke my back, and am still recovering. So getting it all done at once is best.

As far as the tail lights go, I personally don't like the look of non stock tail lights, led's just dont do it for me mate. Nightshade is personally what I would like. I just think it looks clean.

What vendors do you guys recommend, this would be my first time purchasing stuff for the cobalt online.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pyros777
Thats cool doing everything at once, but you might have a little more fun if you do things a little bit at a time. Every time it starts to get old, just slap on another part. Just my $.02 but thats a nice mod list there!
I agree, this idea is better unless you HAVE to do a full rebuild.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 AM

respect your decition its your car and do it the way you want... lol how much of that stuff do you have?? are you looking for everything brand new or some used parts ok?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Bannned

save yourself the money. you dont need a mechanic to do any of those... at all@!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
Thanks for the support guys. I would rather get everything done with all at once. I am paying Turbo06Sedan to do the work for me because I do not have the tools nor the knowledge, nor the strength. I was in a car accident and broke my back, and am still recovering. So getting it all done at once is best.

As far as the tail lights go, I personally don't like the look of non stock tail lights, led's just dont do it for me mate. Nightshade is personally what I would like. I just think it looks clean.

What vendors do you guys recommend, this would be my first time purchasing stuff for the cobalt online.
Well, I have a question. What are you buying the Phenolic Spacer for?

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
save yourself the money. you dont need a mechanic to do any of those... at all@!
He broke his back. He needs a mechanic.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 06-02-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Banned

Psykostevo - I am not exactly sure where you're going with your point. What do you want proof of? That I have the money to afford the mods? That I am actually going to buy the mods? That I am going to pay to have them installed?

I don't really know what you're looking for buddy, but when you know, let me know. I assure you I am not a random flake who posts "oh im gonna buy this and this and this to be cool". What I intend to do with my car, will get done, and soon. I am just looking for advice for which vendors, and what parts are the best.

IE what heat exchanger, what headlights, etc.
Thanks for your time guys.

I am grabbing the Phenolic Spacer to make it easier with the methanol injection.

nuttzzy, I plan on buying all of the parts new, I am not to found of used parts. I would rather have the peace of mind knowing the parts are new.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-02-2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 01:47 AM

well i have a brand new snow preformance stage 2 kit if you interested only been opened to check see if all the parts are there new been out of box.

the cx racing heat exchanger works very well the only downfall is, it hangs low like an inch before you front lip.

Last edited by nuttzzy; 06-02-2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Banned

I appreciate the offer, I am not currently interested at this point, but might be in the future, who knows. I always do enjoy building up my reputation with communities and with others. How much would you be willing to let it go for, and if you don't mind me asking, why are you not using it?

I am debating between the cobalt addiction heat exchanger, the cx racing heat exchanger, and the cobra heat exchanger. I was leaning towards the cobalt addiction or the cx racing, however like you said, the cx racing does hang low. I don't know if this would be a problem or not, so more input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-02-2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 01:50 AM

I'm a fan of the 2nd generation headlights, but to be honest they've been out of production so long that I think they just stopped making them altogether. :\

As far as the heat exchanger is concerned, I'll be going with the CX because its a bit larger than CA's.

CX Heat Exchanger: >Link <

For the other stuff, I'd buy as many things as possible from crateenginedepot, CA, and ZZP.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:52 AM

ill let it go for 250 shipped. its accualy a long story im a college boy dont have much income and i recently broke my car at the track. i prmissed my dad i wouldnt go back to the track, and a 2.8 and 60's are killing me on gas so im about to go back stock i had a tune for almost 50 mpg on the stock set up i think im ganan go back to that so all in all i dont have a need for it anymore cause im not racing anymore and i didnt get around to putting it on before i decided to go back to stock. it was next on the list to go on though just didnt get around to it. no i basicly have no need for it
Old 06-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Banned

Great thanks man, I really appreciate the help. Anyone else have votes for the CX Heat Exchanger over the rest?

Why are the 2nd gen headlights the best, and where would I be able to find them?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned

nuttzzy I will definitely consider your offer mate. That brings up my next question. If I run the CA 2.79inch pulley, I will need 60lbers wont I....Blah, I guess I can scratch that off my list. I plan on staying with the stage 2 injectors and pulley until after my 100k mile warranty goes.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 AM

i have scraped mine 3 times however i do ahve a 2 inch drop to so its really low now on a regualr balt im not sure how low it would be but your going to lower yours to i would say mines about 6 inchs max off the ground but it is abotu as big as you can get in there also
Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned

I think I will go with the CX then and just lower the balt a little bit. Anyone have any spring recommendations. I was thinking the eibach's.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 AM

yeah cause im running 2.8 zzp and 60's i was ganna run a 2.6 and meth...but like i said earlier i broke at the track and im trying ot respect my rents decition of me not racing my daily driver.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned

yea its hard on a daily driver to be driven to its fullest potential. I do understand where they are coming from. What exactly broke on your car?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 AM

if you want ill snap some shots of mine and every thing in the day light tommrow and post them on here of the H/E

First clutch then axle (stock tires)both times i went to the trck something broke

Last edited by nuttzzy; 06-02-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 02:01 AM

Why are the 2nd gen headlights the best, and where would I be able to find them?
Pros: Personal preference, plug and play, close-to-stock look.

Cons: Most people don't like the cutoff line (although it is one of a few standard cutoffs). It is not a flat horizontal line. It is horizontal on the left then arcs up on the right.

K2motor used to be the main distributor, but they have since removed the lights from their website.

They are somewhat difficult to locate, although you might get lucky searching for "ccfl headlight cobalt" or similar on ebay.

edit: found some links, but they are nowhere near as cheap as they were on ebay.

Black: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/05_07_CHEV...pcob05jmks.htm
Chrome: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/05_07_CHEV...lhpcob05ks.htm
Old 06-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

Great thanks man. Are there any other headlights that are currently widely produced that are better, or close to the level of the ccfl headlights?

which do you think would look better, chrome or black, and this is for a black car with dark tinted windows. I am thinking black.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-02-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I will go with the CX then and just lower the balt a little bit. Anyone have any spring recommendations. I was thinking the eibach's.
personally id go with eibachs, but im sure you'll get plenty of reccomendations. id suggest, if you can, to try and get a ride in some balts that have diff. set ups, and feel the deifference.

also, if your going big, why not coilovers? you wont have to worry about your shocks.

Quick Reply: Go Big or Go Home!