2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

got walked by a stock ss s/c

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no man i tried everywhere up here never looked there where is that at.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't remember the exact location but I know Lee knows exactly where it is. They cost a bit but they'll custom tune your car for what you have in it. They're the only shop down here with HPT.
Here's there website
http://dtpracing.com/component/optio...page/Itemid,1/
Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 PM

they cost 200 an hr . wonder how long it takes.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 PM

hey maurice i think its 500 bucks for 3 hours or something like that
Old 12-12-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by SSROMER
hey maurice i think its 500 bucks for 3 hours or something like that
should have just have done that instead of buying HPT lol

HEY 1 slightly used hpt for sale make offer!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by powerz
ron a redline guy done a few on here we all run rich my bumpers black every 2 days

then u are way to rich.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no reason for name calling, have a adult discussion, or don't reply...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
Thank you !Took me a while to find someone to help and he got nailed for it I know the risk is my choice to load it on my car .What I dont get is others know more why not help instead of bash.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
well what we have a guy who knows what he's doing trying to help and another guy who's fairly clueless and he doesn't want to be informed on what to do and how to do it....

a far to common issue on here, and people wonder why the original and smart guys avoid this place now a days, hell if i dident enjoy telling people there wrong so much i'd avoid this place as well...

its sad to see a forum that was once full of useful info go to hell because of a large amount of massively uneducated people thinking they know what there doing....

Thank you !Took me a while to find someone to help and he got nailed for it I know the risk is my choice to load it on my car .What I dont get is others know more why not help instead of bash.
because if you cant do the work and make the adjustments your self, then why do that mod??

why should we bust ass to help people who do things half-hearted?

i spent TONS of time and money to learn what i know and get my car to the level its at....why shouldent other people have to do the same things i had to do? why should i take the time and the risk only to give it away?

I'm not bashing you or other people on here for wanting to mod there cars, thats the reason we buy a car such as this, but why mod beyond your level of understanding and skill??

Last edited by 06black; 12-13-2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 06black
well we have a guy who knows what he's doing trying to help and another guy who's clueless and he doesn't want to be informed on what to do and how to do it....

a far to common issue on here, and people wonder why the original and smart guys avoid this place now a days, hell if i dident enjoy telling people there wrong so much i'd avoid this place as well...

its sad to see a forum that was once full of useful info go to hell because of a large amount of massively uneducated people thinking they know what there doing....
LOL OK WHO IS WHO I am clueless but eager to learn I am smart enough to take a few tunes ones I know are bad and compare them to others that are cars set up same as mine and run well and have been for a while hes been a member since 05 I think it says and even if hes not been tuning for that long I am sure he seen enough to know what to give me to get me going in the right direction.you know what I mean. I bought this program and woulld love to learn all I can about it just wish I started sooner but live and learn.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 AM

I wouldnt doubt Area's word, he knows his ****....
Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 AM

LOL OK WHO IS WHO I am clueless but eager to learn I am smart enough to take a few tunes ones I know are bad and compare them to others that are cars set up same as mine and run well and have been for a while hes been a member since 05 I think it says and even if hes not been tuning for that long I am sure he seen enough to know what to give me to get me going in the right direction.you know what I mean. I bought this program and woulld love to learn all I can about it just wish I started sooner but live and learn.
just because you've been around does not mean you have any clue on how to truly dial a car in on the tuning side of the world.

I've done several tunes for sneaky and fixed several of his tunes as well...his heart is truly in the rite place but he just lacks the experience that separates the "normal" guys from the people who truly have an understanding of what effects what and how to deal with issues you may run across. I'm not saying i'm perfect or any ware near that BUT i do have a dam good handle on what i'm doing. many people on here can speak for my abilities as well.

I'd like to help you, but doing this via the net is just to much hassle, to get it rite you need to be in the car logging it and changing things as you go.

if you want to learn, go to the HPT website and read all there info on there (the LS1 stuff is good ****) they have TONS of info on there, they cover just about every thing you can think of.

Originally Posted by Rangerondubz
I wouldnt doubt Area's word, he knows his ****....
I'm not.....

Last edited by 06black; 12-13-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 AM

I understand what your saying but I did not pay what 600 or somthing like that for somthing I just want to flash others files .There are enough people around at meets I could get to do that. and did thats what I am trying to get away from . yes I know no 2 cars are the same but they are pretty close or gm could not put out a stage kit at all every gm stage 2 tune is the same from what i saw they did not put my car on a dyno or run it up and down the road to tune . so while his tune my not be perfect for my car it does give me somthing to go by auctual I would love more then one so I could compare what diff people do and what the effect would be.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:06 AM

I understand what your saying but I did not pay what 600 or somthing like that for somthing I just want to flash others files .There are enough people around at meets I could get to do that. and did thats what I am trying to get away from . yes I know no 2 cars are the same but they are pretty close or gm could not put out a stage kit at all every gm stage 2 tune is the same from what i saw they did not put my car on a dyno or run it up and down the road to tune . so while his tune my not be perfect for my car it does give me somthing to go by auctual I would love more then one so I could compare what diff people do and what the effect would be.

you lost me smallz.......

Ranger Check Your Pm's

Last edited by 06black; 12-13-2007 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

the ngk's spark plugs suck on our cars..my car kept throwing a lean code every since i got them installed..bein in and out of dealer maybe 4-6 times a month,and finally they decide to change the plugs and put the stockers back in,and wow does the car pull now...its freakin crazy
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 AM

lean codes and spark plugs have no correlation between one and another......
Old 12-13-2007, 01:11 AM

you said

because if you cant do the work and make the adjustments your self, then why do that mod??

i spent TONS of time and money to learn what i know and get my car to the level its at....why shouldent other people have to do the same things i had to do? why should i take the time and the risk only to give it away?

I'm not bashing you or other people on here for wanting to mod there cars, thats the reason we buy a car such as this, but why mod beyond your level of understanding and skill??

lol yeah I tend to do that been up 27 hrs so you probly need to read it real slow .I am just saying I DO want to learn. and saying thats like saying if you dont know how to do somthing its what useless to try and learn?or if you cant do it your self you shouldnt mod ur car?I want to learn this so I can do it my self .thats not half hearted some people just learn in diff ways
Old 12-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Banned

lean codes and spark plugs have no correlation between one and another......
helped my car get its power back...the ngk's i had were supposlly 2 step colder and im on s2..ever since i got the stocker put back on,light hasnt come on since..(knock on wood)

you said

lol yeah I tend to do that been up 27 hrs so you probly need to read it real slow .I am just saying I DO want to learn. and saying thats like saying if you dont know how to do somthing its what useless to try and learn?or if you cant do it your self you shouldnt mod ur car?I want to learn this so I can do it my self .thats not half hearted some people just learn in diff ways
you do have a point...best way to learn is hands on training,and alot of reading the expierments

Last edited by Super_SS; 12-13-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Super_SS
helped my car get its power back...the ngk's i had were supposlly 2 step colder and im on s2..ever since i got the stocker put back on,light hasnt come on since..(knock on wood)

you had the car in and out of the dealer correct?

when you ditched the NGK's they updated the ECM....its a standard thing for them to do, gm always has a new update for something.

the combination fix'd your issue...mainly the PCM flash.

you said

my point is this.

don't mod the car UNTIL you understand the mod's FULL effects and you KNOW you can adjust what ever will need to be changed(tune for example)

that way you'll learn things BECAUSE you'll force your self to in order to continue mod'ing the car.

get it?

Last edited by 06black; 12-13-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Banned

Can the code still pop up if it starts to run lean?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 AM

yea, if your fuel trims go outta wack.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 AM

yeah but still with that thinking this site would consist of 12 people
Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 AM

just because you've been around does not mean you have any clue on how to truly dial a car in on the tuning side of the world.

I've done several tunes for sneaky and fixed several of his tunes as well...his heart is truly in the rite place but he just lacks the experience that separates the "normal" guys from the people who truly have an understanding of what effects what and how to deal with issues you may run across. I'm not saying i'm perfect or any ware near that BUT i do have a dam good handle on what i'm doing. many people on here can speak for my abilities as well.

I'd like to help you, but doing this via the net is just to much hassle, to get it rite you need to be in the car logging it and changing things as you go.

if you want to learn, go to the HPT website and read all there info on there (the LS1 stuff is good ****) they have TONS of info on there, they cover just about every thing you can think of.

I'm not.....

I was talking about sneaky, dont worry, I know you know your **** too
Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 AM

yeah but still with that thinking this site would consist of 12 people
then so be it, its better then a bunch or people blowing **** up and buying things like the JBP heat shield....

that number of people would grow as they learned things......
Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
im going to be nice and civil about this. i came from knowing nothing to what i know in a short amount of time. how? because i have a background in engine building, and tuning. i understand what someone is trying to tell me.

i asked questions on here, i didn't doubt the person i was asking the question, nor squak at them when i thought something was not right. i simply just went and tried it. this is how i know that pulling 1.32 with a 2.79 pulley on an lsj is screwed up. how do i know this? because i have gotten similar numbers before when i massively skewed the mas air calibration. i pulled 1.41 with a 2.8. the only reason why i knew this is wrong because the car ran like ****. this is way off. the car should not be thinking it is moving this much air.

the solution i posted was a starting point, not the definate answer. i will never give the definate answer. i was never given it. i had to find it on my own. be thankful someone is willing to lend some sort of an idea to help you in the right direction. the people i learned from, learned from other people, so on and so forth.

im just simply trying to help, and im being look at as a newbie who doesn't have a clue, who doesn't have experience, and simply put, this is why people are driven away from this site. driven away from helping anyone period.

it's a game of trial and error. i understand you have no started work on it, but if you're not willing to learn, then im not willing to lend a hand.

this is how you get the car back in line.

take the maf calibration file from a stage 2 map for his car. {yes i know it sounds wierd, head me out} flash this and only this change to his car. go log it, watch the fuel trims, or afr error. either one will work. look at histogram 1, the timing advance one. do a wide open spurt in a gear. watch where the peak air flow, g/cyl hits. it should be about 1.08 - 1.10. "should be" but not always the case. if this is the case. do minor changes to the maf to get the fuel trims at +/- 4% nothing drastic. if you have the pro version, you can do this by afr error%. if you need a histogram to do this by ltft i can send it to you if you like.

im simply trying help, nothing more. take it for what it's worth.

Quick Reply: got walked by a stock ss s/c