2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

got walked by a stock ss s/c

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Area47 I am not sure if you have read anything of what you wrote in here but none was offering help u asked for popcorn shrugged your shoulders told someone who had made no changes to my car other then telling me start with getting rid of my cat he didn't fix anything . he never made any changes to my tune just said it looked better after gutting it.I have 0 doubt in what you know about this as I am sure its a hell of a lot more then me.I still dont understand black06 way of thinking .I still dont see what the problem with someone who admits he knows nothing about this looking for help and learning .I can take this engine out of my car and apart and put it together and back in I can do this hands on but if you take one and give it to me apart and give me a book showing how to put it together I am lost.so buy seeing what he changed going to the dyno and changing things as i go I will learn.If i lived near you I would come there and pay you to teach me (not do it for me) but i dont and from what I have seen from people who tune here.they just do a lot of what you complained about .If someone with say your ability took video camera and made a how to and say took a stage 2 tune in your car and told what your mods were went threw what you were changing and why and an idea of what numbers we should look for as far as good and bad .That is something that can be learned from.I dont think anyone saw you in here helpng just bashing.

black06----Man you have a very one sided way of thinking and your comments are starting to make you look more like a self coincided jackass then someone who should be part of a forum that was put together to help each other. I would bet there are things I can do to this car that you cant BUT that does not mean I would not help you I am not an idiot I can learn and people like you who try to act like well if you cant learn it on your own you shouldn't do it need to grow up. people learn from people also not just a book .
Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i was simply offering a way to help the problem. nothing more. i see you're a hands on kind of person. everyone learns differently. i can appreciate that.

i'll just leave it be.

yes i do read what i post. it sounded good in my head
Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 PM

well thanks I am going to do what you said and put the stage 2 maf calibration file in and go from there.also just called the only dyno tune shop in the area (which only does imports)he said for me to bring hpt by and he will take a look at it and see what he can do.had to bribe(<--sp?) him told him he could keep my hpt if he could go out of his norm.and do a chevy lol

just looked and compared my stage 2 tune with what I run now maf calibration file is the same.out of the 2 that "tuned" my car no one touched this file
Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by powerz
well thanks I am going to do what you said and put the stage 2 maf calibration file in and go from there.also just called the only dyno tune shop in the area (which only does imports)he said for me to bring hpt by and he will take a look at it and see what he can do.had to bribe(<--sp?) him told him he could keep my hpt if he could go out of his norm.and do a chevy lol
hehehhe
it's ok man. it is simply a suggestion. what does he normally tune with? chrome? neptune? hondata? aem? v-pro?

just looked and compared my stage 2 tune with what I run now maf calibration file is the same.out of the 2 that "tuned" my car no one touched this file
odd. would you be willing to send me your tune and log files?

Last edited by Area47; 12-13-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Area47 I am not sure if you have read anything of what you wrote in here but none was offering help u asked for popcorn shrugged your shoulders told someone who had made no changes to my car other then telling me start with getting rid of my cat he didn't fix anything . he never made any changes to my tune just said it looked better after gutting it.I have 0 doubt in what you know about this as I am sure its a hell of a lot more then me.I still dont understand black06 way of thinking .I still dont see what the problem with someone who admits he knows nothing about this looking for help and learning .I can take this engine out of my car and apart and put it together and back in I can do this hands on but if you take one and give it to me apart and give me a book showing how to put it together I am lost.so buy seeing what he changed going to the dyno and changing things as i go I will learn.If i lived near you I would come there and pay you to teach me (not do it for me) but i dont and from what I have seen from people who tune here.they just do a lot of what you complained about .If someone with say your ability took video camera and made a how to and say took a stage 2 tune in your car and told what your mods were went threw what you were changing and why and an idea of what numbers we should look for as far as good and bad .That is something that can be learned from.I dont think anyone saw you in here helpng just bashing.

black06----Man you have a very one sided way of thinking and your comments are starting to make you look more like a self coincided jackass then someone who should be part of a forum that was put together to help each other. I would bet there are things I can do to this car that you cant BUT that does not mean I would not help you I am not an idiot I can learn and people like you who try to act like well if you cant learn it on your own you shouldn't do it need to grow up. people learn from people also not just a book .
I am fairly self coincided, i have no problems with that, its gotten me this far in life. you have to admit my point is dead on tho.

had you done the work, and research on your modifications you would never be in the spot your in now. you'd be done with this and onto something new. and new things are always fun!!

none the less since area47 has far more patience then I, stick with his teachings and you'll be just fine!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

06black

i jinxed myself last night...p0171 code came on this morning..
Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Super_SS
06black

i jinxed myself last night...p0171 code came on this morning..
lol at least you know it still works!!!!

what mods are on the car?.....something is blowing your LTFT's off track here.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:32 PM

odd. would you be willing to send me your tune and log files?[/QUOTE]

yes just pm me where to send it.

and yes black06in some ways yes you are correct but just because someone goes about thing a diff way does not make them wrong,and if i did not already have these things done to my car what would i learn on ? some one else car lol yeah . man its live and learn I will get threw this and of learned so where is the bad in that.

I have a question not a smart ass one ,one being serious .how can places sell us preloaded vcm for our cars just based on what we have but we cant use each others even if we have all the same modds?

oh dyno shop says I can rent dyno but he only works on imports oh well
Old 12-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Rent me! per hour

odd. would you be willing to send me your tune and log files?

and yes black06in some ways yes you are correct but just because someone goes about thing a diff way does not make them wrong,and if i did not already have these things done to my car what would i learn on ? some one else car lol yeah . man its live and learn I will get threw this and of learned so where is the bad in that.

I have a question not a smart ass one ,one being serious .how can places sell us preloaded vcm for our cars just based on what we have but we cant use each others even if we have all the same modds?

oh dyno shop says I can rent dyno but he only works on imports oh well[/QUOTE]

the question you have is simple. it's a generic tune. sometimes retarded safe. other times not so much. {IE intense}. this is why i don't send out tunes. every one drives different, every car is different. it takes a certain touch to get it right. mail order / canned tunes can NOT do this.

tell the dyno guy to kiss your ass. a motor is a motor. if he can't figure this out, or be willing to learn, he will not grow and prosper
Old 12-13-2007, 03:47 PM

sent it
and well next time I go ill get a pic of his riced out honda .the wing comes to my chin
also I see I need to find out while doing this what the numbers are I am shooting for in the perimeter s I change not going to do any good to change much unless I know what they should be
Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Area47

oh dyno shop says I can rent dyno but he only works on imports oh well

the question you have is simple. it's a generic tune. sometimes retarded safe. other times not so much. {IE intense}. this is why i don't send out tunes. every one drives different, every car is different. it takes a certain touch to get it right. mail order / canned tunes can NOT do this.

tell the dyno guy to kiss your ass. a motor is a motor. if he can't figure this out, or be willing to learn, he will not grow and prosper

you know me man, if some one blows there **** up we both know they had no business doing what ever the hell they were doing at the time. i'm all about sharing and helping (we've been rather helpful to one another as of yet)

i just think allot of bad situations (such as this) could and would be avoided if people just read into things and gained an understanding of what they were about to do before they did it. less issues and fewer expensive fix's, correct?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

ding ding!

we, as people who have been in those shoes before, are not trying to tell people there is no other way to do something. this is just the simplest way. why? we have been down that road.

im about to undertake a new venture with the lsj. im just very fortunate to have some badass shoulders to stand on.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

my comments may have been in left field. I am sorry. I mean no disregard to those who attempt to help but this "treating" anyone who wants to help but belittle them notion is getting old and I don't tolerate it one bit. We all try to help others in the best possible way we can. I've been burned myself a few times because of a generous heart. Sorry not everyone has the perfect common knowledge as everyone else. We are human. No more.

Sorry Area47.

Bryan,

Who tunes did you "look" at that I suppoedly worked on? I can only think of one person and we were both "tuning" his car on the same day because of a boost misreading on his gauge.

-Mike
Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
my comments may have been in left field. I am sorry. I mean no disregard to those who attempt to help but this "treating" anyone who wants to help but belittle them notion is getting old and I don't tolerate it one bit. We all try to help others in the best possible way we can. I've been burned myself a few times because of a generous heart. Sorry not everyone has the perfect common knowledge as everyone else. We are human. No more.

Sorry Area47.

Bryan,

Who tunes did you "look" at that I suppoedly worked on? I can only think of one person and we were both "tuning" his car on the same day because of a boost misreading on his gauge.

-Mike
if you want the honest truth mike i've been asked by every single person you've tuned to take a look at it and make needed adjustments.

you seem to like to just flash that one tune i gave you for any and all instances with little to no changes.

i cant say i blame them tho, i'd want as many people possible looking at my stuff if i was even the least bit unsure, the same "thing" always appears differently to different people correct?

that 2nd POV might not be helpful some times, but maybe the 3rd and 4th one will be.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by sneaky

Sorry Area47.

Bryan,

-Mike
mike, no harm no foul man. sometimes it's better to look at something from an outside source, or another point of view. im not perfect, i never claimed to be. i just simply looked at it from a not so usual angle than most people. im odd like that. more of "what happens when i do this as apposed to this?"

dunno, take it for what you will.

powerz. i will have your answer this weekend, i just get tied up after work with other cars.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:46 AM

no problem area47 no rush I am getting a wideband off a member on here meeting him this weekend or begining of next week to pick it up already have bung in down pipe so that should be a quick install.after sooooooo many people saying it was a must have part I figured I better get it

ps. THANKS
Old 12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06black
if you want the honest truth mike i've been asked by every single person you've tuned to take a look at it and make needed adjustments.

LOL! I've tuned one person (besides myself). But anywho, it's OK.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 PM

well I got the wideband hooked up last night it ranges from 14.5 -15 at an idle,under normal cruising 14.3-14.8 IF I give it gas drops to 9.5-10 and at full wot it stays on 9
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

well I got the wideband hooked up last night it ranges from 14.5 -15 at an idle,under normal cruising 14.3-14.8 IF I give it gas drops to 9.5-10 and at full wot it stays on 9
wideband configured correctly? if so that's not good.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM

well i did what it said calibrated it by leaving it out hanging and on for about 45 min waited 10 then installed it a then took a ride ,did it again a lil bit ago got same numbers again

Last edited by powerz; 12-17-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Rent me! per hour

check your pm powerz
Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
check your pm powerz
dont see anything
Old 12-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Hey Maurice, there is a shop in Fredericksburg. ProMotionTuning that has and does hptuners. Could always give them a shout and see what is up. Their dyno is fairly cheap. Hope this helps and hope the wideband works.