2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Racecraft LSJ GT35R Turbo Project PICS RELEASED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cobalt4Life
seriously, only money i have is tied to bills and am looking for a new job.. my bank account is .97 cents

that should tell you something if i cant shell out 20 bucks.. am broke haha.. plus my income tax is all going to my june wedding.. but after this month all my wedding money will be done, so the rest is mine.. am still waiting on my income tax or id be at this tunerwars..

my cars been sitting for days due to lack of money..
Damn that sux! Good luck with finding a new job and have fun at your wedding and honeymoon
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you buddy

i am waiting to hear back from D&H.. i hope i get it, good starting and a lot of raises to be made quick and discounts on any form of electronic including car stuff and awesome benefits i get my answer monday when i am suppose to call the manager back..
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Can I ask a HUGE favor...would you folks mind taking the battles elsewhere, and allowing this thread to return to its original intention? The people who are using this thread as a guideline to the turbosystem we are developing have indicated an interest in getting this back on course. PM's and new threads ROCK for these off-topic purposes ;-)

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
Can I ask a HUGE favor...would you folks mind taking the battles elsewhere, and allowing this thread to return to its original intention? The people who are using this thread as a guideline to the turbosystem we are developing have indicated an interest in getting this back on course. PM's and new threads ROCK for these off-topic purposes ;-)

Thanks!
i have a question for you. does your turbo outlet use a gasket when you hookup the downpipe or is it just metal to metal? I was told by atp that they just use bare metal on metal with a 5 bolt outlet.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks!
Sorry, we are just making this thread interesting while no1 is saying anything since this is a very slow updating thread
Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Damn, when are we gonna get some vids and numbers? This is taking forever, Gosh!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 PM

I'm waiting for the vids as well. I wanna see that 35 put down some crazy **** numbers. Then I want to see the super 20g put down 400
Old 02-18-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
I'm waiting for the vids as well. I wanna see that 35 put down some crazy **** numbers. Then I want to see the super 20g put down 400
W3RD!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mike25
i have a question for you. does your turbo outlet use a gasket when you hookup the downpipe or is it just metal to metal? I was told by atp that they just use bare metal on metal with a 5 bolt outlet.
It's gasketless, per se...we use a light coating of hi-temp silicone at this junction with the GT35R. The Super 20G uses a gasket.

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Damn, when are we gonna get some vids and numbers? This is taking forever, Gosh!
Ah yes, but 'forever' is a relative term...we are boldly going where no **** has gone before with 2.0 Ecotec, while simultaneously managing numerous other high-end turbo development projects. Plopping down in front of the screen with popcorn is better directed at YouTube. This is careful, deliberate development by veterans who know well that doing it right kicks the sheeit out of doing it fast.

If one is ready to throw down one's Franklins, that's one thing...you'll benefit from the care we are demonstrating. On the other hand, if one treats this process as a spectator sport, well...UFC will give you that instant gratification you crave!

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 02-18-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 PM

It's gasketless, per se...we use a light coating of hi-temp silicone at this junction with the GT35R. The Super 20G uses a gasket.

Ah yes, but 'forever' is a relative term...we are boldly going where no **** has gone before with 2.0 Ecotec, while simultaneously managing numerous other high-end turbo development projects. Plopping down in front of the screen with popcorn is better directed at YouTube. This is careful, deliberate development by veterans who know well that doing it right kicks the sheeit out of doing it fast.

If one is ready to throw down one's Franklins, that's one thing...you'll benefit from the care we are demonstrating. On the other hand, if one treats this process as a spectator sport, well...UFC will give you that instant gratification you crave!
I was just playing around Bill. Let's just say patience is a virtue I do have considering I've put a lot of money, tuning, and time into another project you may have heard about, the Twinscrew Swap. I've been at it along with the guys at Rebel for a year and two months now, so I do understand. I also have a self fabbed small 16G turbo'd Integra that's getting a new EVO III 16G as we speak, so this isn't first rodeo either.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM

are there any numbers or videos yet? I don;t feel like searching through all the pages lol
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
I was just playing around Bill. Let's just say patience is a virtue I do have considering I've put a lot of money, tuning, and time into another project you may have heard about, the Twinscrew Swap. I've been at it along with the guys at Rebel for a year and two months now, so I do understand. I also have a self fabbed small 16G turbo'd Integra that's getting a new EVO III 16G as we speak, so this isn't first rodeo either.
Coolness! You DO understand then. Sounds like some fun projects! We 'Balt folks are all definitely the few, the proud, the willing to do it different.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM

would one have to use the high temp silicone? or can i do without
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlackSSNick
are there any numbers or videos yet? I don;t feel like searching through all the pages lol
Yessir, that'a a lot of pages! We are in the final prep as I type. The fuel tank's going back in, the ridiculously large Bosch fuel pump going in, and final prep of PortFueler and boost control systems all occuring.

Should be wrapping up systems and geting up on the dyno shortly, next few days if all goes well. Will post results here, and yes, there will be videos!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 PM

sweetness, so hahn hows the finaly design of the portfueler working?? does it make tuning easier with the additional injectors and the tuning including with the portfueler??

Also my one big question i have for you.. how would this portfueler manifold fit on the 2.2 kit as the charge pipes go over the valve cover of our car "2.2"

I cant wait to see the video, good job Hahn

and to the OP I bet your freaking excited beyond words
Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor

would one have to use the high temp silicone? or can i do without
We like to do a bit of silicone just to keep the joint from seeping soot and moisture. It just fills in the fine scratches that are part of the natural metal surface. And we always use Black, and apply it in a light coat so it does not ooze out when bolted down. Nothing looks hokier than big goobers of Orange or Blue silicone hanging out of your joints. Black, used sparingly, camoflages perfectly!

Actually, gasketless joints of this nature are not at all unusual. The smallblock Chevy, back in the day, did not use gaskets between the exhaust manifolds and head. The way-fun GMC Syclone and Typhoon turbo trucks also used no gaskets in the turbosystem.

sweetness, so hahn hows the finaly design of the portfueler working?? does it make tuning easier with the additional injectors and the tuning including with the portfueler??

Also my one big question i have for you.. how would this portfueler manifold fit on the 2.2 kit as the charge pipes go over the valve cover of our car "2.2"

I cant wait to see the video, good job Hahn

and to the OP I bet your freaking excited beyond words
PortFueler is a blast to tune. When we first introduced them for other applications a few years back, I prepared my Tech Support people for a significant increase in support calls. We were astonished that as the months went by, people just weren't calling for help! They were figuring it all out on their own using the base calibrations and instructions we supply.

Once we get through this 2.0 development phase, we'll be investigating the PortFueler and StreetRace intake manifolds on the 2.2 and 2.4 applications.

We also have a stock 2.0 car in development now, alongside Joe's GT35R monster, for the Super 20G version. As we get closer on that one, I'll start a new thread for it.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 02-19-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Thanks Hahn good to know

oo yea thats right the super 20G version has the portfueler with it
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Hahn good to know

oo yea thats right the super 20G version has the portfueler with it
Yes, and also without...we'll do two versions with 20G:

Our basic 20G version will employ the ever-popular 60 lb. injectors and the stock PCM, but no PortFueler system.

The 'bad boy' 20G version will also include PortFueler.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM

My friend who knows quite a bit about the portfueler from using it in a different car from you guys says it takes about half the tuning hassle away and simplifies tuning a lot more, my only concerin it getting it to work on my car

When i am ready to order, i will prolly have to get you to build a custom kit for me, unless the 20g kit would fit

i got a lot of time to save so i have no problem waiting, building up my list of parts

What size injectors are on the portfueler??
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM

it would be nice to see a super 20 g kit for the 2.4's..i know we have the garrett kit...but as of now thats about it unless you go custom...like myself...maybe thatd be something to look into
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM

Bill you got a pm sir.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM

it would be nice to see a super 20 g kit for the 2.4's..i know we have the garrett kit...but as of now thats about it unless you go custom...like myself...maybe thatd be something to look into
you could probably work comething out with the Hahn 2.4 turbo kit, and buy a 20G from them.. just call their sales team.
they currently offer a 2.4L Ecotec Super 20G setup (Hahn Stage 4) for the Sky/ Solstice Models making an astounding 380rwhp.

So basically it's already done, just see if they can make it fit in your whip

Hahn Stage Kits for the 2.4L ecotec

Call (630)553-6830
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hey bill that reminds me. How is that portfueler coming along? I'm gonna need to swipe the first one up from you asap lol (of course not the one on 06nos?/?'s car, or maybe lol)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor

My friend who knows quite a bit about the portfueler from using it in a different car from you guys says it takes about half the tuning hassle away and simplifies tuning a lot more, my only concerin it getting it to work on my car

When i am ready to order, i will prolly have to get you to build a custom kit for me, unless the 20g kit would fit

i got a lot of time to save so i have no problem waiting, building up my list of parts

What size injectors are on the portfueler??
I'd like to point out that these Super 20G and GT35R TurboSystems are a 'bolt-in' solution for 2.0's, but will also physically install on the 2.2 and 2.4 cars. This would be for the more advanced installer, as some things will need to be massaged (the cars are a tad different in the engine bay location of components), and one will also need to engineer some of one's own engine management solutions. We'd offer these to 2.2 and 2.4 cars as 'Tuner' kits, without engine management.

But we will be there with PortFueler and a toybox of other integration tricks to help out. 2.4 cars are a natural, as we are already deep into their engine management, and software tools like HPTuners exist for them. The 2.2 management options are not as evident yet, but with any luck at all, it's just a matter of time.

We use a variety of different injector sizes in PortFueler, depending on the task at hand.

See above

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 02-19-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: bill-merged doublepost
Old 02-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
you could probably work comething out with the Hahn 2.4 turbo kit, and buy a 20G from them.. just call their sales team.
they currently offer a 2.4L Ecotec Super 20G setup (Hahn Stage 4) for the Sky/ Solstice Models making an astounding 380rwhp.

So basically it's already done, just see if they can make it fit in your whip

Hahn Stage Kits for the 2.4L ecotec

Call (630)553-6830
thanks for the info...too bad ive already began to go custom...lol...but im going to look into it...im just tinking it would be a nice alternative for the other 2.4's

Quick Reply: Hahn Racecraft LSJ GT35R Turbo Project PICS RELEASED!