2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06_SIC_SS
all of it end up costing about 5k?
Are you asking me about the 5k? If so then wayyyyyy off. I have like 30k into this car already.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh no i was just talkin about the hahn level IV kit
Old 04-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Love the Hahn kit, and no hate intended,

but for me personally the chrome clashes, both the door handles and the rims. On a black car it'd be diff.
but for us guys with bright ass colored cars, once we start adding CF, you can't go chrome,, it's just too many colors, lol

If you had stock handles and even those exact rims in black, or black/polished it would be perfect. I'm sure you're too far in to simply try painting those rims,,,,, but you might be able to have some selective powdercoating that would match the tuner theme better and set your ride off perfectly.

I wont argu show vs go, because I can dig the showcar aspect, and you are building what you want.

But those two subtle changes would change this from a just flashy car to a neck breaker, guaranteed.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by SS33
Love the Hahn kit, and no hate intended,

but for me personally the chrome clashes, both the door handles and the rims. On a black car it'd be diff.
but for us guys with bright ass colored cars, once we start adding CF, you can't go chrome,, it's just too many colors, lol

If you had stock handles and even those exact rims in black, or black/polished it would be perfect. I'm sure you're too far in to simply try painting those rims,,,,, but you might be able to have some selective powdercoating that would match the tuner theme better and set your ride off perfectly.

I wont argu show vs go, because I can dig the showcar aspect, and you are building what you want.

But those two subtle changes would change this from a flashy car to a neck breaker, guaranteed.
Well put...

Thats fine if its a show car... but.. Show cars dont ALWAYS have to have chrome rims.. especially if they dont look right...
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
Well put...

Thats fine if its a show car... but.. Show cars dont ALWAYS have to have chrome rims.. especially if they dont look right...
I really never had the intent on going with chrome rims. I dont my research and then some more... it took me 6 months to make a decision on what to go with. I looked at black rims, painted rims, chrome, polished, you name it I looked at it. These rims do suit the car very well. I find that it does work with the cf hood/spoiler(too many colors?? I disagree) I do however agree with the handles but the chrome handles were never going to stay on the car. I have the painted factory handles ready to go back on(just havent found the time yet to put them back on). I truly think that once that part is done that the car will look complete. This is however just my opinion but I look at the car everyday, every angle and I really dont think that the chrome looks gaudy or anything close too that. Once the handles are done Im going to have a very close look at it and make a decision. I know enough people in the industry of painting/powder coating that it would not be a problem getting something done with the rims but keep in mind that these things cost me my next unborn child to buy(In Canada our dollar is weak compared to the US so the rims/tires cost me over $4k Canadian). I just cant take a chance just as of yet. Im going to see what its like with the handles and Ill post alot more pics up so you guys can give me your opinion. I always listen to what people have to say because I do want this car to be a neck breaker per say but I hope you all respect the fact that doing an overhaul on the rims could be very risky for me.. Anyhow, Ill get the handles on prob today some time and get the pics up..
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 AM

Here, this is what you need.. Sell a Kidney if you have to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyWICxXoe4A

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-

If the rim is so expensive, why would you be OK with it having a kinna sub-par plastic cap. I know all sorts of rims have this stupid plastic thing, but it's like they made a rim and didn't know too much about engineering and then just said **** it. "Bring Forth the Plastic Cap"

Check this out. You are not driving an old Cadillac with pearl paint and fur seats, Your car falls into the sport compact genre. So with that, why didn't you keep that theme in mind and buy a ******* Hot set of OZ Super light weight 18".

You instantly loose some credibility with your client because they do not know what the hell to think.

You could have gotten something more like what a street racer would put on his car, rather than a man with a 1980's boat.

Check it.. No Plastic Cap..Looks awesome...No Bling and they will actually make your car much faster. (Un Sprung Weight in HALF)

Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
Here, this is what you need.. Sell a Kidney if you have to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyWICxXoe4A

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-

If the rim is so expensive, why would you be OK with it having a kinna sub-par plastic cap. I know all sorts of rims have this stupid plastic thing, but it's like they made a rim and didn't know too much about engineering and then just said **** it. "Bring Forth the Plastic Cap"

Check this out. You are not driving an old Cadillac with pearl paint and fur seats, Your car falls into the sport compact genre. So with that, why didn't you keep that theme in mind and buy a ******* Hot set of OZ Super light weight 18".

You instantly loose some credibility with your client because they do not know what the hell to think.

You could have gotten something more like what a street racer would put on his car, rather than a man with a 1980's boat.

Check it.. No Plastic Cap..Looks awesome...No Bling and they will actually make your car much faster. (Un Sprung Weight in HALF)

HAHAHAHAHA, Love the video.lmfao. WHat a joke. I do like those OZ rims. I can assure you I was never thinking of going the "gangsta route" but thats too funny. Im going to have a look into those OZ rims. Mabye keep the DUB's for shows and reg dd and so on the OZ rims would prob be really sweet.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM

I was thinking more like, Selling the Gangsta Chrome.. For the 18" OZ.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 PM

I was thinking more like, Selling the Gangsta Chrome.. For the 18" OZ.
Yeah, I hear ya. ANYONE WANT TO BUY SOME GANGSTA 20" DUB TEKNIC RIMS/TIRES??? I am seriously considering this.

I do like the Konig Unknowns but if I went that way I would want them in 20's. Weight reduction would still be almost half of what it is now. Im looking into both options right now. I think 18's would be better especially for ride quality..

Last edited by Angel; 04-23-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 PM

good luck with the sale man... I'm sure someone will take those off your hands.

With those OZ wheels or some similar 18" multispoke black rim would look HAWT on your car with the stock handles put back on,

Konig Unknowns are ok, but i think the OZ or something else similar (i.e. no chrome, not even accents, lol) would look awesome.

With yellow and the CF hood your car WILL stand out already,,,, add the Interior and Audio, and you're still achieving show car goodness,,, you don't need chrome wheels to bring ppl in. Trust in your car

And give me your CF wing insert plz,,, I want one but dont have the $$$, lolz
Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM

The point of the OZ is that they are LIGHT WEIGHT and would improve performance..

The Koning are heavy..
Old 04-25-2009, 01:04 AM

The point of the OZ is that they are LIGHT WEIGHT and would improve performance..

The Koning are heavy..
Well the Konigs definitely are heavier than the OZ but they are still fairly lightweight compared to what I have now. To be 100% honest the Konig Unknowns dont look good in an 18" but they look hot in a 20"(too much going on with that rim to look good in an 18"). Anyhow, I paid $3900CAD for the entire Dub setup including everything(mount,balance,shipping, customs,ect....) and I have them listed for $3000CAD. I have a few fellow cobalt owner friends in town here and one of them just picked up a black ss s/c and hes looking for rims. He says he loves the Dubs. Ive been trying to sell him the TSW 19"'s I have for sale but he might be interested in the Dubs especially for $3000 considering that there is virtually no miles on them yet. I think they would look hot on his black ss. The other awesome thing is that I contacted the tirerack company and they set us up with a dealer account for my business and I get 10% off tires and 15-20% off of rims so the OZ setup with the BFG g-force 225/40ZR18 will save me $400 or so. I am ordering them on Monday. I have made up my mind so thanks Brian for the advise. Everything will work out well with this decision and not to mention I will have a much smoother riding balt. Im just waiting on my rotated tranny mounts and my konis and my new slotted rotors and pads and teflon brake lines and Ill be all set. I already just got my HPTuners and Aaron Gilbert at Hahn tweaked my tune so the car is running much smoother(still tripping the P0300 random cylinder misfire code). The idle is a little rough still but much better and Aaron claims that it should stabilize itself once the car is on the road. Im soo excited for this all to be done. The last thing I wanted to look into was the meth injection system and if it would help me out at all. My only issue with that is that I dont know what company is the best and if I have any room for the resevoir. Let me know guys if you have any useful info on this.

Originally Posted by SS33
good luck with the sale man... I'm sure someone will take those off your hands.

With those OZ wheels or some similar 18" multispoke black rim would look HAWT on your car with the stock handles put back on,

Konig Unknowns are ok, but i think the OZ or something else similar (i.e. no chrome, not even accents, lol) would look awesome.

With yellow and the CF hood your car WILL stand out already,,,, add the Interior and Audio, and you're still achieving show car goodness,,, you don't need chrome wheels to bring ppl in. Trust in your car

And give me your CF wing insert plz,,, I want one but dont have the $$$, lolz
I love that detail. Im soo happy I done that, I think that the entire cf spoiler would have looked like crap but what I got really flows well with the hood. I would have considered going w/o the spoiler but I have my GPS antenna mounted inside the center section of the wing so that was not happening.lol

Last edited by Angel; 04-25-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2009, 01:41 AM

I believe all around, your car will seem to make more sense. It's a tuned performance car, It should not have Huge chrome rims...
Old 04-25-2009, 01:47 AM

wow !!
you did a great job painting the calipers
Old 04-25-2009, 01:50 AM

I believe all around, your car will seem to make more sense. It's a tuned performance car, It should not have Huge chrome rims...
Agreed!!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM

I have to say considering that I have owned my own business for 6 years now and dealt with soo many companies from performance product to car audio and so on that Hahn Racecraft has been my best experience I have ever had. They go soo far above and beyond other companies for there service and they make you feel like a valued customer and then some. I couldnt believe my experience throughout this entire build and the constant communication between us was unreal it was soo prompt and good. To top it all off, they deliver---- AWESOME product that is and soo well built. There attention to every small detail is unsurpassed. I can honestly say that I would not hesitate dealing with them til Im old and wrinkly and cant get into my ride anymore.lol. Anyhow, this is just for all you guys thinking of making future purchase with Hahn, you cant go wrong in any way. Anyhow, I got my handles back on(factory painted ones that is) and the new rims should be here in about a week. Car should be totally complete within the next week and a half(still waiting on the konis, stg 2 rot tranny mount, steering rack spacer, slotted rotors, pads, teflon brake lines and a few other odds and ends) I will post as many pics as possible and hopefully a vid of me smoking an 06' vette(guy I know want to have a go). Anyhow, Ill keep all you interested ppls up to date on the finalization of this

These babies are going to be on there way to me on Monday!!!! Anybody have any idea what the BFG g-force rubber is like? Thats what I chose so hopefully its good. I love the tread pattern on these.

Last edited by Angel; 04-25-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM

S DRIVE

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/s.drive.aspx

GRIP UNTIL THE RIMS BREAK!

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/s.drive.pdf
Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 PM

Brian, you think those instead of the BFG's?
These are about $110 cheaper for all 4 but the ratings for both are very equal. Hmmm, I dont know. Have you tried these Yoko's?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Angel
I have to say considering that I have owned my own business for 6 years now and dealt with soo many companies from performance product to car audio and so on that Hahn Racecraft has been my best experience I have ever had. They go soo far above and beyond other companies for there service and they make you feel like a valued customer and then some. I couldnt believe my experience throughout this entire build and the constant communication between us was unreal it was soo prompt and good. To top it all off, they deliver---- AWESOME product that is and soo well built. There attention to every small detail is unsurpassed. I can honestly say that I would not hesitate dealing with them til Im old and wrinkly and cant get into my ride anymore.lol. Anyhow, this is just for all you guys thinking of making future purchase with Hahn, you cant go wrong in any way. Anyhow, I got my handles back on(factory painted ones that is) and the new rims should be here in about a week. Car should be totally complete within the next week and a half(still waiting on the konis, stg 2 rot tranny mount, steering rack spacer, slotted rotors, pads, teflon brake lines and a few other odds and ends) I will post as many pics as possible and hopefully a vid of me smoking an 06' vette(guy I know want to have a go). Anyhow, Ill keep all you interested ppls up to date on the finalization of this

These babies are going to be on there way to me on Monday!!!! Anybody have any idea what the BFG g-force rubber is like? Thats what I chose so hopefully its good. I love the tread pattern on these.

im running the bfg kdw-2's and i looooove em i have tried stock, nitto, and these are by far the best so far and im running the same hahn kit as you... im running 235/40/18

so true, well said... hahn i love you! (no-homo)
Old 04-26-2009, 12:39 AM

Brian, you think those instead of the BFG's?
These are about $110 cheaper for all 4 but the ratings for both are very equal. Hmmm, I dont know. Have you tried these Yoko's?
I have had 5 sets of Parada Spec-2 on MP5T, they are no longer made and have been replaced by the S Drive.

I put the new S Drives on my wife's car this spring.

Unreal limitless grip, and quite... Not Disappointed with the new tire.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
im running the bfg kdw-2's and i looooove em i have tried stock, nitto, and these are by far the best so far and im running the same hahn kit as you... im running 235/40/18

so true, well said... hahn i love you! (no-homo)
Hey, do you have a problem rubbing at all with the 235's? I was going to go with the 225's but Id rather go with the 235's as long as I dont rub at all. Im lowered 2" so Im not sure.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Linky, for crankcase breather pleaseeeee
Old 04-26-2009, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cefaln452
Linky, for crankcase breather pleaseeeee

????????
Old 04-26-2009, 06:15 AM

Hey, do you have a problem rubbing at all with the 235's? I was going to go with the 225's but Id rather go with the 235's as long as I dont rub at all. Im lowered 2" so Im not sure.
i didnt rub anywhere, until i cut one inch off my rear bump stops... now it rubs on big bumbs... i have to buy new ones but the dealer wants 56 a piece
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 AM

I might stick with 225's I gotta check the overall ride height though because I want to keep it as close to stock height as possible.

Quick Reply: Hahn Racecraft Stage V turbo build and more!!!!