2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Hahn Turbo Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Then buy ZZP's Kit.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy the fail kit! lol How many people have it now, like 8? If it was so good why doesn't everyone have it?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:13 PM

their intercooler and intake mani are the only things i would buy again.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slowswap
Buy the fail kit! lol How many people have it now, like 8? If it was so good why doesn't everyone have it?
which kit is that?
Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM

i think he was talking about the hahn kit, and my response would be... its not cheap!

but it was a tru bolt on kit didn't need to go get anything every single piece i needed was in the boxes!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
which kit is that?
Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
i think he was talking about the hahn kit, and my response would be... its not cheap!

but it was a tru bolt on kit didn't need to go get anything every single piece i needed was in the boxes!
Talking about the twin charge crap.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
their intercooler and intake mani are the only things i would buy again.
haha... in my case, i wouldnt even buy the intercooler from them again. i had someone with a good knowledge on turbos etc give me his opinion on it and his opinion was that it was junk pretty much.. but im still using it, hasnt given me any problems. and as far as the IM goes, its a very nice piece but when i had mine on, it was leaking boost like crazy where the IM bolts to the head... i had to get the IM polished where it bolts to the head.. but its all good now lol.. oh, and if ya buy the hahn kit, dont use there "no drill oil drain system" its crap.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by VeNoM0713
haha... in my case, i wouldnt even buy the intercooler from them again. i had someone with a good knowledge on turbos etc give me his opinion on it and his opinion was that it was junk pretty much.. but im still using it, hasnt given me any problems. and as far as the IM goes, its a very nice piece but when i had mine on, it was leaking boost like crazy where the IM bolts to the head... i had to get the IM polished where it bolts to the head.. but its all good now lol.. oh, and if ya buy the hahn kit, dont use there "no drill oil drain system" its crap.
What's wrong with the intercooler? Granted, it's a little to thick IMHO, but works well for the size opening the Cobalts have.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

ah... How many people actually have it? I honestly wanted it but understand a stock motor ain't gonna hold that type of stress for long... Was gonna build the motor up and buy it until zzp wouldn't answer the phone or return my calls, ottp did and now they made nearly 4k from me already, with more to come... Only thing I wish is that they offered a twincharge kit
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM

ah... How many people actually have it? I honestly wanted it but understand a stock motor ain't gonna hold that type of stress for long... Was gonna build the motor up and buy it until zzp wouldn't answer the phone or return my calls, ottp did and now they made nearly 4k from me already, with more to come... Only thing I wish is that they offered a twincharge kit
Twincharge is not worth it. A proper turbo setup will do just as well if not better.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

Twincharge is not worth it. A proper turbo setup will do just as well if not better.
The only thing I do is play around, no real racing... So the twincharge would be fun, but I'm just not spending thousands of dollars with a company where the one person that answers the phone talks to me like I'm full of ****, and then can never reach anyone else. When I spend money, I want to talk to people, not email
Old 02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The only thing I do is play around, no real racing... So the twincharge would be fun, but I'm just not spending thousands of dollars with a company where the one person that answers the phone talks to me like I'm full of ****, and then can never reach anyone else. When I spend money, I want to talk to people, not email
That seems to be one of the downfalls to us being the only decent sized shop dedicated to this market. We are completely flooded with product, tuning, and tech support questions 24 hours a day. OTT offers maybe a tenth of the support that we do, but if that is enough to keep up with their customers then people are happy. Where you will miss out is when you need additional custom parts or service from them. It will be difficult for them to meet your needs.

As far as getting ahold of ZZP for turbo kit information, I answer questions on this topic day and night, seven days a week. There is no reason anyone should have trouble getting questions answered. As far as calling in, when we have one person answering every call and staying on the phone as long as the customer would like, we have effectively added a $50k+ per year expense.(salary, wage taxes, phone line, etc) Honestly, we could have 3 phone lines going every minute of the day, bumping this cost to $150k. However, you want specialized tech support with highly knowledgeable techs, which will push this number past $200k/year. Then we would have to raise our prices and everyone would purchase their parts elsewhere and call us for tech support until we are out of business. Believe me, email is the most logical solution. When you have discussed your plans with someone and you need to discuss things over the phone, you will have no problem getting a call back.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM

my point exactly. im just for fun. no racing. just wanna have it for the look and fun of it. not too impressed with zzps kit. figured why cant i just piece together one...and MAYBE use their tuned pcm to start
Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt M
That seems to be one of the downfalls to us being the only decent sized shop dedicated to this market. We are completely flooded with product, tuning, and tech support questions 24 hours a day. OTT offers maybe a tenth of the support that we do, but if that is enough to keep up with their customers then people are happy. Where you will miss out is when you need additional custom parts or service from them. It will be difficult for them to meet your needs.

As far as getting ahold of ZZP for turbo kit information, I answer questions on this topic day and night, seven days a week. There is no reason anyone should have trouble getting questions answered. As far as calling in, when we have one person answering every call and staying on the phone as long as the customer would like, we have effectively added a $50k+ per year expense.(salary, wage taxes, phone line, etc) Honestly, we could have 3 phone lines going every minute of the day, bumping this cost to $150k. However, you want specialized tech support with highly knowledgeable techs, which will push this number past $200k/year. Then we would have to raise our prices and everyone would purchase their parts elsewhere and call us for tech support until we are out of business. Believe me, email is the most logical solution.
yes i understand completely, but i don't know many people that will turn over large sums of money to a company that can't provide personal support.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM

As far as getting ahold of ZZP for turbo kit information, I answer questions on this topic day and night, seven days a week. There is no reason anyone should have trouble getting questions answered. As far as calling in, when we have one person answering every call and staying on the phone as long as the customer would like, we have effectively added a $50k+ per year expense.(salary, wage taxes, phone line, etc) Honestly, we could have 3 phone lines going every minute of the day, bumping this cost to $150k. However, you want specialized tech support with highly knowledgeable techs, which will push this number past $200k/year. Then we would have to raise our prices and everyone would purchase their parts elsewhere and call us for tech support until we are out of business. Believe me, email is the most logical solution. When you have discussed your plans with someone and you need to discuss things over the phone, you will have no problem getting a call back.
I emailed you guys a few weeks ago and got kind of a generic response back. Its about the 2.4 turbo kit. Do you have an email address i can resend it to? I understand you guys are busy and get alot of emails I just want a better answer. Thanks Matt.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM

yes i understand completely, but i don't know many people that will turn over large sums of money to a company that can't provide personal support.
And that's why it's imperative that you ask all of your questions first before you go into something blind. If you want something done but you don't ask the specifics about how it's going to get there, etc then I would assume the fault does not fall on the company, rather the customer.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:39 PM

oh sorry,

the intercooler i have no problem with, fits perfect, flows nice, super effecient, but a little big in the volume dept.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by all4glh
And that's why it's imperative that you ask all of your questions first before you go into something blind. If you want something done but you don't ask the specifics about how it's going to get there, etc then I would assume the fault does not fall on the company, rather the customer.
yes i completely understand this, and it's why i took my business elsewhere. I had questions, no one answered them, found someone who did answer them and went that route.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by skatin_boarding
I emailed you guys a few weeks ago and got kind of a generic response back. Its about the 2.4 turbo kit. Do you have an email address i can resend it to? I understand you guys are busy and get alot of emails I just want a better answer. Thanks Matt.
stattama@aol.com or matt@zzperformance.com

yes i completely understand this, and it's why i took my business elsewhere. I had questions, no one answered them, found someone who did answer them and went that route.
I'm on this forum every day. I answer emails and PMs every day. I doesn't seem like you tried all that hard if this is the first I am hearing from you.

Last edited by Matt M; 02-07-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2010, 05:59 PM

I'm on this forum every day. I answer emails and PMs every day. I doesn't seem like you tried all that hard if this is the first I am hearing from you.
I can vouch for this. My questions are not going unanswered. He has been more than helpful with me and the questions I've had lately.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

because i didn't know you worked for zzp until recently, i thought you just had a customer car. i was pretty much absent on here for about a year or so when you guys got big and just started coming back a few months ago ... i'll never bash you for anything here, as you seem to represent properly, the other guy though... is a completely different story. hell, he acts about as bad as i do on here
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 PM

stattama@aol.com or matt@zzperformance.com

Hey I just forwarded the email to your zzp address. Just let me know when you get around to it. Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by skatin_boarding
Hey I just forwarded the email to your zzp address. Just let me know when you get around to it. Thanks again.
Ok, I'll have to get that one at the shop in the morning. I'll look for it.