2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

harrop tvs

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
more nutswingers with no numbers
You have got to seriously be the biggest moron...

Obviously you have admitted defeat, by falling below standards just to try and prove a point, that you had miserably failed at doing. At first, i started off actually believing that you had some type of knowledge about these cars... As months went by, i became greatly ashamed.

I by no means am a tuner... I put my turbo kit on myself, which was my biggest feat... But I have no reason to call him a liar because he is running faster than me. I dont even know why you ask people for help, because everything that people try to tell you, you just shoot down with absurdly inaccurate comments, which just make you look like a complete moron.

It really boggles my mind how you can sit there and tell someone that they are lying about something for the sole fact that he is just faster than you... You remind me of sseiboi from the ss.com.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
You have got to seriously be the biggest moron...

Obviously you have admitted defeat, by falling below standards just to try and prove a point, that you had miserably failed at doing. At first, i started off actually believing that you had some type of knowledge about these cars... As months went by, i became greatly ashamed.

I by no means am a tuner... I put my turbo kit on myself, which was my biggest feat... But I have no reason to call him a liar because he is running faster than me. I dont even know why you ask people for help, because everything that people try to tell you, you just shoot down with absurdly inaccurate comments, which just make you look like a complete moron.

It really boggles my mind how you can sit there and tell someone that they are lying about something for the sole fact that he is just faster than you... You remind me of sseiboi from the ss.com.
I completely agree.... this is yet another person in whom we all "admired" back in the day and has become one of the biggest tools!

Sorry Rodiumus but it's true man
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM

sseiboi once said that i took pics from someone elses car
Old 05-27-2009, 06:01 PM

OH well... you gottta' learn to shrug off ignorance
Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
poor guy now no one wants to help him in his race gas thread.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
poor guy now no one wants to help him in his race gas thread.
Esp since i know area uses race gas with the tvs.. could have been a real help.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Well... dark you should send him your 47* meth+116 map!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:20 PM

thats ok , theres other more knowledgeable forums other than this one where you can actually get questions answered
Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL at this thread.

Listen, the TVS is limited to around 300WHP. I've said it before and the dyno's of dozens and dozens of people prove it. Anyone saying differently is making excuses and talking about what you could do if you tuned it.

2nd, there is no such thing as a magic tune. Only people ignorant to the workings of a combustion engine who actually think there is a way to trick the PCM or program it to give you a bunch of power. There's only a few things that matter. AF ratio, timing, RPM, power adder. No magic guys.

3rd, Area runs nearly 100% meth in his 'meth injection'. At this point, you could just drain your gas, take off the meth kit and put alcohol in the tank. By doing this you can take advantage of it's high octane and cool burning nature to run more boost with the larger blower. The TVS is larger but you cannot use the boost because of KR issues on pump gas. Fix that and the TVS will make power (as will any larger power adder).

No blower will ever compare to the power of a turbo. It's not physically possible because blowers are driven off the crank pulley robbing a lot of HP that turbos don't. Therefore a turbo, for the most part, will make more power at the same psi. As boost rises, the difference grows. By nature a turbo is more efficient than a blower making the charged temps cooler allowing more boost at the same octane.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 PM

awwwwww ''screams'' zoomer is here , a good sign a thread is going down hill
Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh noes it teh zooomer!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM

You realize he is only using the 2.9 tvs pulley...
Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
3rd, Area runs nearly 100% meth in his 'meth injection'. At this point, you could just drain your gas, take off the meth kit and put alcohol in the tank. By doing this you can take advantage of it's high octane and cool burning nature to run more boost with the larger blower. The TVS is larger but you cannot use the boost because of KR issues on pump gas. Fix that and the TVS will make power (as will any larger power adder).

No blower will ever compare to the power of a turbo. It's not physically possible because blowers are driven off the crank pulley robbing a lot of HP that turbos don't. Therefore a turbo, for the most part, will make more power at the same psi. As boost rises, the difference grows. By nature a turbo is more efficient than a blower making the charged temps cooler allowing more boost at the same octane.
Holy common sense post batman
Old 05-27-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm not even using the 75MM (Area and others said it was too small) so I have the 80mm in inches Approx. 3.149 though I'm contemplating switching back to the 75MM
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Listen, the TVS is limited to around 300WHP. I've said it before and the dyno's of dozens and dozens of people prove it. Anyone saying differently is making excuses and talking about what you could do if you tuned it.
There are a lot of people on this forum that would strongly strongly disagree with that statement.. Have you tested a TVS to prove this claim or is just a personal opinion that has 0 proof? I'm just curious.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM

I have one of the lowest dyno numbers with this blower and I'm far from being "limited". My numbers were not on a dynojet. I had massive spark blowout above 5500 which I've since resolved. Just correcting the blowout alone I should be safely over 300 easy.

Another area that people neglect is the cylinder head itself, just doing that would yield a considerable amount of power. With a properly built engine I see no reason why this can't make 400+whp, which is far more than alot of turbo setups.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
The pleasant scream up to the last line on the tach. RAW intake + TVS + HAHN Exhaust = PURE SEX.
you mean like this!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJWlrCYMl4

WWOOOOOOOOOOOO BRYAN FTW!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:10 PM

so why do top fuel guys use blowers
never mind found out for myself. turbos cant work at those levels....
and they arent allowed
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
LOL at this thread.

2nd, there is no such thing as a magic tune. Only people ignorant to the workings of a combustion engine who actually think there is a way to trick the PCM or program it to give you a bunch of power. There's only a few things that matter. AF ratio, timing, RPM, power adder. No magic guys.

1. not so much batman. so if the m62 can support over 300whp being pushed really hard. what makes you think a more efficient blower moving more cfm within the limits of physics can't break 300? numerous people have done this. even people without meth injection to "cheat" so to speak. people in the following states have. CA/OH/MI/MO/NC. just to name a few that i know of.

2. this part confuses people severely. the key to it all.

3. winna! to a degree at least. by adding a smidge of water to the mix, you decrease the chance complete vaporization before it has a chance to hit the cylinders

i am not arguing. i am simply stating facts.

Originally Posted by freakta
so why do top fuel guys use blowers
sanctioning rules

Last edited by Area47; 05-27-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM

^^ ADd florida to that list too please.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 PM

^^ ADd florida to that list too please.
you don't count
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
you don't count
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 PM

hush you. man up and stop crying
Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 PM

Im sure ill break the 300 whp mark.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 PM

meh, probably if you have prime tune it.

Quick Reply: harrop tvs