2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

HELP Flcobalt Almost Hit's 14's and Manages to Break the SS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
CSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, you're warranty is voided. GM as well as many other car companies have a "blackbox" built in to their cars. They can see everything with it, how hard you hit the brakes, the gas, how many left turns you make, etc . . . They'll be able to see exactly what the car was doing when it broke.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverSS
you almost hit 15's?

isnt that bad?

you have a SS.SC now, you should easily be 14 sec id hope
ive hit 15's i was hoping for 14's.
The run i f*cked my car was definately a 14 second run.

any ways... the car is showing NO power loss but it is idling rough and sounds a little different. My warranty isnt voided, i was on i4 coming off the ramp in a straight line was pulling in second to get into lane and when i switched into 3rd the gear got stuck and something popped, feel me?
Old 05-21-2006, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by CSR
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, you're warranty is voided. GM as well as many other car companies have a "blackbox" built in to their cars. They can see everything with it, how hard you hit the brakes, the gas, how many left turns you make, etc . . . They'll be able to see exactly what the car was doing when it broke.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
any ways... the car is showing NO power loss but it is idling rough and sounds a little different. My warranty isnt voided, i was on i4 coming off the ramp in a straight line was pulling in second to get into lane and when i switched into 3rd the gear got stuck and something popped, feel me?
It's real winners like you that are going to make it hard for people in a year or two to get legitimate warranty work done on their cars.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Self
It's real winners like you that are going to make it hard for people in a year or two to get legitimate warranty work done on their cars.
yo stfu ok.

So i had the car for a month and something broke because of racing, i PAY for extended warranty and sh*t. What, im soppose bite the bullet and pay out of pocket. yeah... right...

Im going to do what anyone would do. Besides if the car wouldnt have got stuck in 3rd then it wouldnt have happened. i posted about it getting stuck in 3rd like almost a month ago too.

the same situation could have happened while getting onto the interstate... pulling in second... redlining 2nd t o switch into 3rd and the gear getting stuck. what the difference.

end of 2nd gear is like what 60mph? so i was going 60 mph and it wouldnt go into 3rd. sounds like a factory defect to me!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by CSR
lol your a retard
Old 05-21-2006, 03:20 AM

I'm sorry but you even stated that you "forced it into 3rd". Normally they don't warrantee items that were blatenly abused. If it is something like a linkage, I'm sure it will show that there was excessive force on the shifter.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:05 AM

GM does have "blackboxes" in certain cars, but only if the car has OnStar, I think. Its called AACN (Advanced Automatic Crash Notification) and has been used by GM in some form since the 80s.

I read somewhere that GM, or a any dealer, can not use it against you. It's for research/safty purposes only. I think it has even been brought up it court as evidence, was ruled inadmissable.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
I'm sorry but you even stated that you "forced it into 3rd". Normally they don't warrantee items that were blatenly abused. If it is something like a linkage, I'm sure it will show that there was excessive force on the shifter.

i did force it into 3rd because it wouldnt go in gear. now of course im going to choose my words better when explaining to the chevy rep =)!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX
GM does have "blackboxes" in certain cars, but only if the car has OnStar, I think. Its called AACN (Advanced Automatic Crash Notification) and has been used by GM in some form since the 80s.

I read somewhere that GM, or a any dealer, can not use it against you. It's for research/safty purposes only. I think it has even been brought up it court as evidence, was ruled inadmissable.
These "boxes" are capable of recording many things but it's capacity is small and the info is constantly be rewritten. In an accident they are only concerned with the time immediately before the collision not "days" before.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:28 AM

I still don't understand how you can have this much track time in a Cobalt SS Supercharged and still be unable to run below a 15.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:37 AM

You better make sure your wheels well are clean of rubber. They should fix it, its probably the roll pin that broke or just got bent a little. Good luck.

For those of you who are saying he is having slow track times need to realize that everyone doesn't have the same learning curve or experience. It takes time and practice to find the sweet spot for launching.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:03 AM

i did force it into 3rd because it wouldnt go in gear. now of course im going to choose my words better when explaining to the chevy rep =)!
Not trying to bash you or anything,but you do know how to drive a manual transmission?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by hennessey833
I think you blew the welds on your intake manifold........and then your floorboards must have fallen out. Yea, that's it for sure.
lmao, nice man
Old 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by CSR
you cant really think that...
Old 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
Not trying to bash you or anything,but you do know how to drive a manual transmission?

it WOULDNT go in to 3rd, its not the first time it happened. I posted about this problem a while back, people brushed it off as " you just need to get use to the clutch" when in reality i think it was a technical problem.

Vamp- Ive been to the track 3 times. my times have gotten lower each time

1st time best- 15.5.
2nd. 15.2
3rd 15.0

** i dont get to practice launching and stuff like that on the street. i have 11 points and i drive VERY conservative when doing daily driving. My only launching experience i get is at the track. I also use the track to test things with the car, like shifter at 6000 instead of redline, or dumping the clutch at 3000 instead of 1500. I use the track to experiment. i go for fun .

And really again if i would not have broke what ever i broke in that race i would have gotten around 14.8-14.9

On a lighter note, my cousin says the clutch and shifting gears feels normal to him but i know its not. The car still idles rough. It feels as it the car is about to move when im at a complete stop because of the shaking. the shaking isnt bad at all, just more then before.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:21 AM

So last night at the track was AWESOME!

my first run was 15.3 and my second was a new best of 15.018!!!

**EDIT** THat is what the SRT 4 RAN
SRT4 ---------------- ME
.536-r/t --------------- 5.32
2.421-60ft --------------- 2.628
6.526 --------------- 6.691
9.826-1/8 ---------------- 10.289
77.00 ---------------- 58.09
12.636-1000 -------------- - 14.092
15.032 --------------- 17.525
93.97mph 62.48 mph
( my car broke right before i hit like 1/8 i think)
I ran vs a civic for my best time ever.

Now heres where it gets good! Ok So its my last run of the night and i still have hit personal goal of 14.9 or better. Im at the front of the line and the guy lines me up with a silver Srt 4. Im nervous as hell, i felt like theres no way in hell im winning this one.

We line up, Yellow, Yellow , GREEN!
We take off at the same time he pulls just a little, I CATCH HIM AT THE END OF FIRST
2nd gear we are tied up and i begin to pull, By the end of 2nd i am a nose ahead of the SRT4!! The Terror hits... I switch into 3rd and the gear gets stuck, Now this has happened before but i usually let off the gas and then throw it back in but i wanted to win so bad i just slammed it into 3rd.

The car jerked HARD, something popped from under my car, it broke and made a big falling noise under the car.... i lost the race =( The srt 4 ran a 15 flat, if i would have beat him i would have surely been like 14.8.

Im not sure what broke but the shifting on my car SUCKS now, i think i f*cked the transmission up. The car still drives the same as far as power as far as i can tell but when it comes to shifting gears it feels more rigid then my old 89 civic =/

*** WILL POST VIDEOS LATER**
dude why the hell would it have anything to do with your cat, and you said something later about your "body kit," oh my Lord please get with the program man
Old 05-21-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
dude why the hell would it have anything to do with your cat, and you said something later about your "body kit," oh my Lord please get with the program man
wow learn to f*cking read.

I meant WHEN I WAS DRIVING and it broke i thought maybe i either blew out the cat Or i broke my body kit because the car jerked so hard. ( by body kit i mean the lip kit that comes stock)

I didnt think the body kit broke because the gears got rough, i thought it broke from the jerk of the car when it finally went into gear.

Again this was what i thought WHILE I WAS DRIVING and it happened. when it jerked it sounded like a piece of the front had hit the track and broke off, thank god it didnt.

LEARN TO READ.

it gets annoying when people dont read post completely, and then make dumb ass post.

Posting is simple...

1. READ
2. COMPREHEND
3. POST

to many people on here do half of step 1, and skip step 2.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:36 AM

wow learn to f*cking read.

I meant WHEN I WAS DRIVING and it broke i thought maybe i either blew out the cat Or i broke my body kit because the car jerked so hard. ( by body kit i mean the lip kit that comes stock)

I didnt think the body kit broke because the gears got rough, i thought it broke from the jerk of the car when it finally went into gear.

Again this was what i thought WHILE I WAS DRIVING and it happened. when it jerked it sounded like a piece of the front had hit the track and broke off, thank god it didnt.

LEARN TO READ.

it gets annoying when people dont read post completely, and then make dumb ass post.

Posting is simple...

1. READ
2. COMPREHEND
3. POST

to many people on here do half of step 1, and skip step 2.
i did completely read, and comprehend, you are the one that thought either 1.your cat blew out or 2. your body kit scraped FROM TRANSMISSION MESSING UP?!?!?!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 AM

you sure you didnt maybe through it into 1st, that would be hard to put into gear, and would def. jerk if you did get it into gear
Old 05-21-2006, 11:01 AM

it was definately 3rd. my 3rd gear has done that since i got the car.

And i wasnt saying the body scraping because of me " TRANSMISSION"

i said i THOUGHT it scraped from the impact of the jerk, and the sound the car made.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 AM

how do i get the rubber out the tire, just wash it real good before i go?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:04 AM

Just look at you wheel well liner and see if there is any there, if there is then pull it off by hand and/or rubb it off, it should come off pretty easy. If they see the rubber then it will be hard to get any work done for free.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Self
Once again, you prove what an arrogant ASS you are!! Take your crappy sedan somewhere else!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:44 AM

hatrickstu I don't see why he would think his car jerking, after forcing it into gear, would be even remotely related to a catalytic converter or a body piece either.

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Once again, you prove what an arrogant ASS you are!! Take your crappy sedan somewhere else!
I can't bust everyone's chops alone. We need him here. Plus that crappy sedan is faster then your Cobalt.

Quick Reply: HELP Flcobalt Almost Hit's 14's and Manages to Break the SS!