2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

HELP Flcobalt Almost Hit's 14's and Manages to Break the SS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahahaha

vamp i hate chu!!!! =)
Old 05-21-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VaMP
hatrickstu I don't see why he would think his car jerking, after forcing it into gear, would be even remotely related to a catalytic converter or a body piece either.

I can't bust everyone's chops alone. We need him here. Plus that crappy sedan is faster then your Cobalt.
It may be faster but it is still ugly!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
vamp i hate chu!!!! =)
FLCobalt, from what you've expressed here, I would advise you to be completely honest with the dealership. Because they're going to know exactly what you did. They're not idiots, they can recognize abuse when they see it. Just be honest and hopefully they will fix your car without any out-of-pocket expenses.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

deff a tranny mount in my mind.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by articzap
I agree. FLCobalt, did you get under the car and inspect the tranny mounts yet?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by articzap
Yeah I gotta agree. There was a guy with a redline who cracked his rear mount and I think someone with a Cobalt had the same thing happen. It makes sense if the idle feels rough, and it feels like a loss of power as well.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:08 PM

i dont know what tranny mounts look like. and although the accident happened in racing conditions, i was only going 60 mph when it happened so it could have happened in real world conditions as well. simple as that. it probably is the tranny mounts.

its sounded like a "VROOOOM... BANG... blinglinglingling"

=)

i havent felt any power loss though to be honest.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Once again, you prove what an arrogant ASS you are!! Take your crappy sedan somewhere else!
LOL my crappy sedan will leave your Slobalt like you were standing still. That is if you body kit doesnt fall off, or you blow out your cat, the get it fixed with warrenty.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:19 PM

i dont know what tranny mounts look like. and although the accident happened in racing conditions, i was only going 60 mph when it happened so it could have happened in real world conditions as well. simple as that. it probably is the tranny mounts.

=)

I'm sorry. I am of the mind set, if you do not understand your vehicle, YOU DO NOT RACE!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Self
LOL my crappy sedan will leave your Slobalt like you were standing still. That is if you body kit doesnt fall off, or you blow out your cat, the get it fixed with warrenty.
You are a MORON!! Hey, 280z, if this guy is not at the top of your "list", you are making a huge oversight!!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:23 PM

You are a MORON!! Hey, 280z, if this guy is not at the top of your "list", you are making a huge oversight!!
How am I a moron? This just happend to one of your own. You could be next!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:31 PM

=)

If you can, at least put your car up on jackstands. If not, it is a little tougher to see. You can actually seethe front mount from above. Look through the open space by the throttle body. There is a mount straight below.

Then on the backside of the transmission is another mount that looks verticallly mounted. You can recognize the mount because it has a rubber insert. Check the mount itself and the casting around it. Hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:38 PM

I'm sorry. I am of the mind set, if you do not understand your vehicle, YOU DO NOT RACE!!!
true that
Old 05-21-2006, 12:59 PM

i know the basics of most things, but im not into the technical side because i dont plan on doing my own work. I rather pay a professional to do it.

I focus on knowing how things work, like a CAI for example.. but i couldnt install one on my car by myself even though the installation is fairly simple. i just wouldnt trust my own work ya know.

Self... so does it become a hassle having the roll down the back windows in your SEDAN? i mean without having power windows in the back and all =).

j/k i love srt4 's- WOULDNT BUY ONE THOUGH! =)
Old 05-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by patathSS
If you can, at least put your car up on jackstands. If not, it is a little tougher to see. You can actually seethe front mount from above. Look through the open space by the throttle body. There is a mount straight below.

Then on the backside of the transmission is another mount that looks verticallly mounted. You can recognize the mount because it has a rubber insert. Check the mount itself and the casting around it. Hope that helps.

you have been truly helpful thanks.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:08 PM

im posting some dirty pictures of my car in a sec
Old 05-21-2006, 01:54 PM
tio

[QUOTE=FLCobalt]i know the basics of most things, but im not into the technical side because i dont plan on doing my own work. I rather pay a professional to do it.

I focus on knowing how things work, like a CAI for example.. but i couldnt install one on my car by myself even though the installation is fairly simple. i just wouldnt trust my own work ya know.

FL , Give your car a really good bath (pull the front tires and clean out the wheel wells) and take it in to the dealership. As for "knowing the basics" if your car was shifting hard and you thought it was a body kit or cat failure you may need to expand your knowledge.

It is true that you do not have to be able to build a car from the ground up to drive it. A street driver needs to know where the gas and oil go and how to check tire pressure. Racing is a little different. I have been pushing cars to (and past ) their limits for over 25 years. The is one constant that any "racer" on here will agree with me on regardless of age.....WHEN YOU RACE **** IS GOING TO BREAK, it is not a question of IF it is WHEN !
You have three choices when it comes to this universal constant, 1) make a lot of money
to pay others to make repairs 2) learn to fix things yourself 3) STOP racing.
Playing the "warranty card" at the dealership will only work for so long and will require technical knowledge more than street smarts to pull it off.

Racing is also a little more than having the ***** (or guts in Alleycat's case) to push to gas.
Read the posts of the people pulling off low 14 second 1/4's or tearing up autocross courses and you will see people who know WTF they are talking about with regards to cars.
Take the time to learn and you will be breaking into the mid 14s and your car will live a little longer in between trips to the shop.

Good luck !
Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 PM

i know the basics of most things, but im not into the technical side because i dont plan on doing my own work. I rather pay a professional to do it.

Self... so does it become a hassle having the roll down the back windows in your SEDAN? i mean without having power windows in the back and all =).

j/k i love srt4 's- WOULDNT BUY ONE THOUGH! =)
You should always understand the route the power takes, example: halfshafts, CV joints, motor mounts, tranny mounts, etc. before gaining knowledge of performance enhancements. It doesn't do you any good if you can't put it to the pavement! Buy a maintenance manual! Read and understand..
Old 05-21-2006, 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=tio]

FL , Give your car a really good bath (pull the front tires and clean out the wheel wells) and take it in to the dealership. As for "knowing the basics" if your car was shifting hard and you thought it was a body kit or cat failure you may need to expand your knowledge.

Good luck !

other then this everything your post was really good. Im going to say this one last time though.. I didnt think shifting hard broke my body kit. The Jerk from when it went into gear caused the car to scrape a little, at the same time the tranny mounts ( or what ever broke) made a loud breaking / snapping sound. Because of the jerk my first thought was the my body kit had cracked in the front from the impact of hitting the pavement.

Thats the last time im explaining it, if anyone else says it your a f*cking idiot.