2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Help please Ported sc & tb on stock tune SAFE??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please Ported sc & tb on stock tune SAFE??

i have tryed to search like many times b4 i cant find anything on what i am lookin 4 and most threads are locked lol ... not certified vendors and stuff...

But the question is i am on a stock tune and i want to get my sc and tb ported would i have to get tuned for this... how much would it lean me out( if at all because its after the maf so it knows how much air is comming in) and if i dont get tunes 4 like a month would it be hard on my car?? would i just have to try to stay outa boost for that time?

If anyone has done this b4 please post on here thanks alot! I want to get a wideband to watch it but by the time i get it it will be to late to not use it( this is my daily driver so it definatly cant be down)
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by nicksredline
i have tryed to search like many times b4 i cant find anything on what i am lookin 4 and most threads are locked lol ... not certified vendors and stuff...

But the question is i am on a stock tune and i want to get my sc and tb ported would i have to get tuned for this... how much would it lean me out( if at all because its after the maf so it knows how much air is comming in) and if i dont get tunes 4 like a month would it be hard on my car?? would i just have to try to stay outa boost for that time?

If anyone has done this b4 please post on here thanks alot! I want to get a wideband to watch it but by the time i get it it will be to late to not use it( this is my daily driver so it definatly cant be down)
you should be fine. I don't really think you'll need to re-tune for that little bit of change.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No change to tune needed to run it
Old 05-17-2009, 09:49 AM

wasnt that one of ralli's leading causes to why his engine blew... went lean after porting the sc? i might be wrong... sorry if i am
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jrhdpaintball
wasnt that one of ralli's leading causes to why his engine blew... went lean after porting the sc? i might be wrong... sorry if i am
IIRC he was running the car too hard in too cold of climate with a very aggressive tune.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:09 AM

porting the blower wil not make you go lean
Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM

it shouldent seeing as ur sensor still knows how much air passes by it and how much more fuel to add... i thought but i dont know how far i can go( but i might have it b4 u tune my car TOM) but thats only if i can find a spare to send in for a core so i can drive my car around lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
youll be fine, no retune needed!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM

porting blower will cause less boost and more volume of air and i hope u didn't port ur tb where the blade touches the top and bottom of the tb that will mess up idle because if u did that our drive by wire system opens the blade so far when it idles and if u ported it the blade will still open the same but will accually let more air in than needed because its ported there now and will cause high idle.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it shouldent seeing as ur sensor still knows how much air passes by it and how much more fuel to add... i thought but i dont know how far i can go(
The increase in air flow will not be recognized proportionally to the amount of air passing by the MAF. The MAF is before the TB and SC.

If your MAF is reading 30lbs/Min of air passing by that equals X amount of fuel.

On your new setup it will still read 30lbs/Min and give the same amount of fuel as above. Even though 30lbs/Min actually means a larger volume of air entering the engine because of your port work. So you will lean out.

Why not just wait till you get a wideband to make sure you can monitor what is going on.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it shouldent seeing as ur sensor still knows how much air passes by it and how much more fuel to add... i thought but i dont know how far i can go(
The increase in air flow will not be recognized proportionally to the amount of air passing by the MAF. The MAF is before the TB and SC.

If your MAF is reading 30lbs/Min of air passing by that equals X amount of fuel.

On your new setup it will still read 30lbs/Min and give the same amount of fuel as above. Even though 30lbs/Min actually means a larger volume of air entering the engine because of your port work. So you will lean out.

Why not just wait till you get a wideband to make sure you can monitor what is going on.

Last edited by ebristol; 05-17-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 AM

Trust me. You do not need to tune for a ported blower