2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

High octane fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
way off topic....a little math is needed....
there is a method, called the box method, to figure out mixtures of substances to make other substances.
An example of this is, I have a tank with 4.3 gallons of 93 octane gas, how much 100 octane gas will I have to add to get it to 97 octane.
The answer is, 5.7 gallons of 100 octane.
That is 4.3 gallons of 93 octane gas plus 5.7 gallons of 100 octane gas equals 10 gallons of 97 octane fuel.
So, adding a 16oz of octane booster (104) to 5 gallons of 93 octane gas will net you, um, 93.268 octane

oh, btw, you will be lucky to get into the 13's without spray. With it, maybe a 13.7
Old 05-25-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss
I have H.p Tuners. - lol, i dont know how to tune though.

hum, without n2o people are running low 13's with my mods acording to the official list. unless im reading it wrong.
Nope ur rite they r running low 13's w/o a NOS! Its really not that hard. My car now can run low 13's and i havent done much 2 it.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lucky to get 13s without spray?!?
dude there are people running well into the 13s without spray.

13.8 with GM stage 2 kit, 2.90" pulley, Ingalls ETD, GMPD Touring Catback, cone filter, XTC DP w/cat

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drag-racing-52/made-track-my-stage2-ss-sc-59916/

13.6 with GM stg 2 w/ the 2.8", intake, and traction mods (stock exhaust!)

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drag-racing-52/new-p-b-13-60-%40-105-7-traction-bars-ftw-57479/
Old 05-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Doc

I am fully aware of what these cars are capable of and of course there are other 'people' getting into the 13's without spray. I doubt 'he' will though, he is the variable. He'll break his car before he gets a good run in. If he sets his scanner up right, we can watch it later.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 PM

ahhh gotcha.
just a misunderstanding of the variable in the sentence hehe.

these cars are capable of lots. but its hard to get it out of them
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM

WTF? why am i the variable? you dont even know me? unless i am reading something wrong you just out of no where told me i was going to break my car?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:00 PM

because its much safer to assume that a person wont get a peak time in these cars based on their mods.
because 90% of people dont.
in all truth they are terrible to launch, and unless you have perfect conditions, and do everything absolutely perfect....they dont get times that truely reflect what they are capable of.

its not to say you wont. but theres a very good chance you wont...just the nature of these cars thats all.

I never said youd break....but i think they were saying it more directed to your comment that you have HPtuners but dont know how to use it, and your using nitrous.
i dunno.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:14 PM

nitrous has nothing to do with tuning. a wet shot does not need to be tuned, I have had my a/f ratio checked after anything i do to the car. and the only reason i dont have the guage installed is because im waiting on my header and d/p. doc is the one who said i would break my car. and im still not real sure why someone would just say that without ever seeing someone drive. that is like the only thing that i dont like about this forum. doesnt the nature of this thred say something about how carful i am with my car. Im looking for good info so that i dont tear my **** up, and out of no-where someone tells me im going to break it.,.... hummm.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 PM

from what ive heard, anything past a 50 shot should be tuned.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:19 PM

just timing. iv done that. colder plugs. dont that too.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 PM

nitrous has nothing to do with tuning. a wet shot does not need to be tuned, I have had my a/f ratio checked after anything i do to the car. and the only reason i dont have the guage installed is because im waiting on my header and d/p. doc is the one who said i would break my car. and im still not real sure why someone would just say that without ever seeing someone drive. that is like the only thing that i dont like about this forum. doesnt the nature of this thred say something about how carful i am with my car. Im looking for good info so that i dont tear my **** up, and out of no-where someone tells me im going to break it.,.... hummm.

Yep, I've notice that with this forum. Everyone told me I didn't know how to drive either....I may not get good times at the track, but I still know how to drive...and considering the track conditions both times I've been out there.....can't say much.

How did you end up running....or did you get to run at all this weekend with the rain and all?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 PM

That's because this site much like most sites is filled with a bunch of ball sacks that have nothing better to do than bag on everyone else. Personally I find that the bagging is directly proportionate to the size of their *****... the smaller their *****, the more they bag on others... it's all about peninomics...

The way I see it... it's your car, do what you want... you are on here for advice so that you can mod your car in the best way possible. Sure it's tough to get the perfect launch, who cares... Personally, I don't think it should matter if you can't even change a tire... you love your Cobalt, you are interested in making it better, and that's what the hobby is all about. Who the eff cares if you run 13's or 40's... at the end of the day, does it really matter? no... it's about how much fun you had running your 40's... if you had fun and love your car... then right on, awesome run...

So get out there... run whatever you are going to run, and enjoy yourself. If you have doubters, **** em... all that matters is NUMBER 1... and that's you, so who gives a damn what everyone else thinks.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by katie
Yep, I've notice that with this forum. Everyone told me I didn't know how to drive either....I may not get good times at the track, but I still know how to drive...and considering the track conditions both times I've been out there.....can't say much.

How did you end up running....or did you get to run at all this weekend with the rain and all?
no, i didint end up running. they didint run 1/4 mile races. they changed to 1/8th mile. Im not into that at all. with my nitrous i just spin through the first 1/8 mile anyway..... i didint want to break anything on that wet track so i just drove home. nothing like a 5 hour drive to do nothing but get wet huh... lol. oh well.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 PM

nothing like a 5 hour drive to do nothing but get wet huh... lol. oh well.
That sounds like my first time having sex... a whole lot of motion for a long time... but not a lot happened... hahaha
Old 05-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by alaskacobalt
That's because this site much like most sites is filled with a bunch of ball sacks that have nothing better to do than bag on everyone else. Personally I find that the bagging is directly proportionate to the size of their *****... the smaller their *****, the more they bag on others... it's all about peninomics...

The way I see it... it's your car, do what you want... you are on here for advice so that you can mod your car in the best way possible. Sure it's tough to get the perfect launch, who cares... Personally, I don't think it should matter if you can't even change a tire... you love your Cobalt, you are interested in making it better, and that's what the hobby is all about. Who the eff cares if you run 13's or 40's... at the end of the day, does it really matter? no... it's about how much fun you had running your 40's... if you had fun and love your car... then right on, awesome run...

So get out there... run whatever you are going to run, and enjoy yourself. If you have doubters, **** em... all that matters is NUMBER 1... and that's you, so who gives a damn what everyone else thinks.
this may possibly be the best responce i have read on here,.... lol. I cant stand the f'n **** talk on here. Thanks for the suport.... as u can tell in my responce above. the track sucked so i didint even run..... I bet that most of you guys would have assumed i would have just hit the nitrous at 40 and slamed into the wall cause the track was wet and i cant drive.... lol.

That sounds like my first time having sex... a whole lot of motion for a long time... but not a lot happened... hahaha
ok, after the last 2 responces......+ 1 rep for you!

Last edited by widebody_balt_ss; 05-27-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2007, 11:26 PM

this may possibly be the best responce i have read on here,.... lol. I cant stand the f'n **** talk on here. Thanks for the suport.... as u can tell in my responce above. the track sucked so i didint even run..... I bet that most of you guys would have assumed i would have just hit the nitrous at 40 and slamed into the wall cause the track was wet and i cant drive.... lol.

ok, after the last 2 responces......+ 1 rep for you!
I'm suprised they even let people run on a track with water on it. At the tracks I go to, if someone leaves their AC on and drips some water on the track they will shut down all racing for about 30 minutes and prep the track.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:29 PM

I would have assumed that you slammed into the wall, because you accidentally sat on one of your saggy *****... the pain caused you to lurch, and BAP! Sack crushing has got to be the leading cause of missed gears... I either blame it on that or flashbacks of when I experimented with that pomeranian...

... by experimented, I mean I was in Korea... think about it... yum yum!

Originally Posted by Mikey851
I'm suprised they even let people run on a track with water on it. At the tracks I go to, if someone leaves their AC on and drips some water on the track they will shut down all racing for about 30 minutes and prep the track.
It's a two in one business... they also sell those crash videos...

Last edited by alaskacobalt; 05-27-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 PM

well. this track is all about making money. it will not refund your money unless they cancel due to weather. and even then they just give you a rain check. so they would rather let someone smash the wall and get sued than give you your money back. when i left i tried to get my money back cause i didint run and they refused saying that the track was fine. My Buddy in a camaro broke loose about 20 feet out of the box and almost lost it.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:34 PM

well. this track is all about making money. it will not refund your money unless they cancel due to weather. and even then they just give you a rain check. so they would rather let someone smash the wall and get sued than give you your money back. when i left i tried to get my money back cause i didint run and they refused saying that the track was fine. My Buddy in a camaro broke loose about 20 feet out of the box and almost lost it.
See... he sat on his sack... it happens...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 AM

See... he sat on his sack... it happens...
I must admit, I have sat on my sack before. It hurts BAD
Old 05-28-2007, 01:11 AM

I must admit, I have sat on my sack before. It hurts BAD
Glad I have people to support this concept. Keep in mind that you will now be tagged for sack sitting literature to help educate men of the dangers of sack sag..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:43 AM

no, i didint end up running. they didint run 1/4 mile races. they changed to 1/8th mile. Im not into that at all. with my nitrous i just spin through the first 1/8 mile anyway..... i didint want to break anything on that wet track so i just drove home. nothing like a 5 hour drive to do nothing but get wet huh... lol. oh well.

Yeah Alex and our friend Sean (with the smashed WRX) both ran and both of them were having problems down the track, so we decided to leave. We figured if the AWD cars were having problems, it probably wasnt' best to stay....and with it starting to rain again after the races started.....kind of worthless.

That sucks. My friend was in the trophy races for T&T on his bike and they ran once and called it quits due to rain. They just gave him a credit on his reciept for the next time. That track wasn't fine when AWD cars are having problems. That whole night just sucked.....plus it didn't help that it was all wet on the track, and then the left lane (AGAIN) had oil and synthetic tranny fluid all over it.... Hopefully next month will be better.

Last edited by katie; 05-28-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
a wet shot doesn't have to be tuned?

who in the hell told you this bag of ****?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
a wet shot doesn't have to be tuned?

who in the hell told you this bag of ****?
IT's just nitrous... what could possibly go wrong. ;0
Old 05-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
IT's just nitrous... what could possibly go wrong. ;0
lol
ohhhh nothing, because apparently you don't have to tune it.

gee, why didn't i know this on my past 6 cars that i have sprayed.

::slams head into desk::

/sarcasm

Quick Reply: High octane fuel?