2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

I got my K&N Intake Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my K&N Intake Installed

I got my K&N Intake installed today. Did it all by myself. I was so proud , man though... the worst thing about taking the old air box out was the location of the screws. They were so far up and hard to reach. I about freaked out trying to get it out. The sensor was also a bitch too. I couldn't pull the plug off the sensor so i just unscrewed it and did my thing a different way.

Level of difficulty was about a 7 considering the location of the bolts. I am happy to hear the supercharger whine , I am not sure how well this intake really works yet because I haven't gave it her all yet.. No CEL lights which is very good. I didn't even unhook the battery. Seemed like a waste of time to me... I know it's to be careful and not zap anything but to me as long as the car accessories weren't on I was ok I thought.

I got kinda scared when I had everything apart and was looking around... so many screws... I was like ****!! Hope this gets all back together. When I was done... other then the old air box screws I had one extra.. couldn't find out where the hell it went. It runs, and runs well . When my girlfriend isn't in the car I will haul ass in it to see how well the pull is. On a side note, the instructions kinda suck and seem somewhat vague but I was able to follow along with it.

My girlfriend when I went to pick her up heard the whine and looked right at me and said "Damn it you spent more money on your car?" Yep! I said , she likes the whine of the supercharger though. Brought a smile to her face.

That's my night so far.. going to hit Graciot and see if I can find any unsuspecting cars to beat

Will post pics if anyone is interested tomorrow. Special thanks to Modern Performance for getting me the intake so quickly. Thanks Cory!

Queston for those who already did it... did you use the emergency jack to get the car propped up? I did.. can't fit a conventional jack under there.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like fun

glad your g/f likes the whine , LOL

i know my g/f loves the whine from my s/c in my cav

now i gotta s/c her cav