2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

I Hate Gm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously some people on here have some dealers that are pretty damn good. For the rest of you GM guys you're kinda hosed on the dealership situation. Try to find another one that doesn't suck. You may have to drive a couple of hours to find a good one.

Good or bad GM's name is on the product that the dealership sold and so are guilty by association. Not to mention all that Mr. Goodwrench advertising they do. Of course most times the ones who really hose the customer over are the GM service reps themselves. I see no innocent parties in this matter. And seriously, people who turn wrenches for a living should be able to figure this stuff out in 8 hours. It's not open heart surgery.

And finally any work you do yourself will void the warranty. GM can not be expected to warranty work that they did not perform. It only makes sense fellas. He's just trying to protect his warranty.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thought
even with an appointment for 1st thing? there's priority, then there's not doing it at all.
Yeah even with an appt, if your car broke and needed to be fixed so you could be back up and running you would rather the tech install someone stage 2 kit instead of getting you back on the road?. Stage kit guy has a working car and just has to wait a bit longer. IF they did that like 2 or 3 times in a row then I would get upset.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
Yeah even with an appt, if your car broke and needed to be fixed so you could be back up and running you would rather the tech install someone stage 2 kit instead of getting you back on the road?. Stage kit guy has a working car and just has to wait a bit longer. IF they did that like 2 or 3 times in a row then I would get upset.
Stage kit guy is also paying full price for labor, warranty guy is not paying for it, and the dealership is getting what ever GM pays them. I would think it would be first come first serve. meh
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Stage kit guy is also paying full price for labor, warranty guy is not paying for it, and the dealership is getting what ever GM pays them. I would think it would be first come first serve. meh
It is supposed to be first come first serve.

A broken car doesn't take any precedence over a car paying for service. In fact at most dealerships it is the warranty work that takes a bit longer. What it boils down to is that the tech at this specific dealership either didn't want to attempt the job for fear of losing money or he literally couldn't do it.

My friend took his RL to a Saturn dealership here in Houston and they quoted him 3 hours and had it done a little quicker than that. You are correct it is not open heart surgery. It's actually a fairly simple job.

If someone else asks why he took the car in if he could do it himself one more time I might go nuts. It's common sense.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

y dont u do it...instead of complaining about how they cant even do it....y kant u
Old 05-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by MISSMATCHEDFACES
y dont u do it...instead of complaining about how they cant even do it....y kant u
haha
Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM

why cant you spell and say something smart next time. He doesnt do it because if he does he risks the chance of not having his warranty. So think next time
Old 05-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mattman6
why cant you spell and say something smart next time. He doesnt do it because if he does he risks the chance of not having his warranty. So think next time
Looks like you forgot some punctuation marks and a few apostrophes there champ. I'll try to spell everything correctly so it makes everything easier for you to read. There are people who have done their own stage 2 kits. You dont HAVE to bring it to gm, the only thing they have to do is tune it. If you always worry about your warranty, your gonna hit a nice brick wall on the performance of your car because it wont take you very far. I hope you were able to read this matt. I apologize for the grammer errors.

yahtzee!!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Looks like you forgot some punctuation marks and a few apostrophes there champ. I'll try to spell everything correctly so it makes everything easier for you to read. There are people who have done their own stage 2 kits. You dont HAVE to bring it to gm, the only thing they have to do is tune it. If you always worry about your warranty, your gonna hit a nice brick wall on the performance of your car because it wont take you very far. I hope you were able to read this matt. I apologize for the grammer errors.

Most dealers will not warranty the vehicle if they dont install it, you can't go by what "some" have done because it might not work for everyone. Thanks for making your post grammatically correct it really did make my night
Old 05-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

No problem, haha
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM

i'm a technician for toyota and worked for saturn for a short time and priority of broken cars means absolutely nothing. First come first serve. During the course of a day the only cars that take precedence are customers that are scheduled to be waiting while their car is being worked on so the fact that you had an appointment at 8 and they didn't get it in is absolute BS. And everybody here is right that nobody wants to do it because anything warranty pays next to nothing to do so tech's will usually try to avoid warranty work at all costs.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Red05SS/SC
i'm a technician for toyota and worked for saturn for a short time and priority of broken cars means absolutely nothing. First come first serve. During the course of a day the only cars that take precedence are customers that are scheduled to be waiting while their car is being worked on so the fact that you had an appointment at 8 and they didn't get it in is absolute BS. And everybody here is right that nobody wants to do it because anything warranty pays next to nothing to do so tech's will usually try to avoid warranty work at all costs.

Yep, that's how it works.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Well I got the kit in but now the check engine light is on...I took it back up there today and they cant figure it out...So now they ordered a supercharger gasket... If that isnt it, he's gonna do somethin with the injectors...I dunno... (I know that somehow this is gonna end up bein my fault...)