2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

If I were to replace my s/c with a turbo what kit is the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were to replace my s/c with a turbo what kit is the best

Is there a kit from Hahn or w/e that has every part and what not to swap out my s/c. Just a thought haha swap to turbo and get an exhaust.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depends on if budget or labor is more of a concern. i'm lazy so i just bought a full kit, if you have more time than money then look at piecing one together
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM

If you have the money the best turbo kit right now for the lsj and the nicest is a complete kit from Street Solution. Here is my kit that I got from him hes been building turbo kits for years on multiple cars. 5500$ includes everything you see and everything you need. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forc...talled-227669/
Old 10-31-2010, 07:15 PM

from what ive read it looks like the ZZP turbo kit has been getting good results for fraction of the price of the Hahn kit. but the more expensive kits seem more complete. depends what you can afford
Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 AM

3750 is my limit unfortunately but if I sold the S/c or wait til tax returns I should have enough to get the complete hahn unless the ZZP is way better of course. I will be doing the install myself more than likely. I hate having people touch my car to work on it other than myself or my dad.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM

The ZZP kit looks much better than the hahn. Better turbo choices, externally wastegated. The only thing that might be in question is the saab intake manifold vs. the hahn intake manifold but ZZP is pushing over 600 whp with the saab intake manifold. ZZP's kit with the fmic and an extended tip turbo is still around $3500.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Red05SS/SC
The ZZP kit looks much better than the hahn. Better turbo choices, externally wastegated. The only thing that might be in question is the saab intake manifold vs. the hahn intake manifold but ZZP is pushing over 600 whp with the saab intake manifold. ZZP's kit with the fmic and an extended tip turbo is still around $3500.
Zzps turbo kit is cheap and it looks cheap I have seen it on a cobalt in person. Hahns kit looks better but ether way they are using products that are old and not as effective as street solution. Once again if you want a good turbo kit that looks 100 times nicer then hahns or zzp go with street solutions I have pictures posted under forced induction of the kit the did for me at 5500$ for all I got and install is a great deal considering all the parts have a life time warrenty and if they fail in anyway they will be fixed and or a new one sent to you at no charge. I don't see hahn or zzp with that type of warrenty.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

who gives a crap about how something looks? you can polish up a part as much as you want, and i would still pay more for one that puts down more go juice.

that system you posted is good quality, but i would care less if it was ugly or not lol... just for $5500 you could rebuild the engine, buy a turbo kit AND have someone install it
Old 11-01-2010, 04:56 PM

are there any pics of the zzp kit on the someones car? and like self said, as long as its putting the power down who cares how it looks
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

it looks good, just get the hard intake and not the flex. with the flex pipe intake it does look crappy, but that's only one part and offered as an upgrade on the spot
Old 11-01-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
who gives a crap about how something looks? you can polish up a part as much as you want, and i would still pay more for one that puts down more go juice.

that system you posted is good quality, but i would care less if it was ugly or not lol... just for $5500 you could rebuild the engine, buy a turbo kit AND have someone install it
If you are cheap and like things to look shitty go zzp 5500 is right around hahn turbo kit and I bet most people would prefer hahns kit over zzp. Ether way Street Solutions kit looks good performs well and has way better quality parts then zzp. To start off look at the turbos what would you rather have zzps bull crap bullseye or a Billet precision? How many people on here have a zzp kit and are really push high numbers?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 PM

Ya this is the stuff I want to know...is it worth it for x amount of money
Old 11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roderick
If you are cheap and like things to look shitty go zzp 5500 is right around hahn turbo kit and I bet most people would prefer hahns kit over zzp. Ether way Street Solutions kit looks good performs well and has way better quality parts then zzp. To start off look at the turbos what would you rather have zzps bull crap bullseye or a Billet precision? How many people on here have a zzp kit and are really push high numbers?
dude your car puts down the same power as me, i have more torque and my turbo is way smaller and the kit cost more than 50% less. so don't go knocking other people's kits based on price, cause the only thing you did for that extra $3k over mine was get some shiny parts.

here's mine, it's a garrett kit made for a 2.2L cobalt, with some piping modified to run on the lsj

guess it sucks though cause i don't have shiny pipes
Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
dude your car puts down the same power as me, i have more torque and my turbo is way smaller and the kit cost more than 50% less. so don't go knocking other people's kits based on price, cause the only thing you did for that extra $3k over mine was get some shiny parts.

here's mine, it's a garrett kit made for a 2.2L cobalt, with some piping modified to run on the lsj

guess it sucks though cause i don't have shiny pipes
look at zzp's intake garbage. Did I put down 360 yes would it have keep going yes. The reason it didnt put down more is #1 cly 4 had compression of 140 rest of my cly had compression of 190. 2# max timing I was running was 11. I am now running 17-18. I was also running a air fuel of 11.1 so cly 4 would get enough fuel give me 1 month to put my car back to gether with my new pistons and rings then we can have a pissing contest and I will show you how my " shinny " setup will not only make more hp then yours but will also not max the turbo out like yours will. You have a bullseye do you not? I have a QUALITY turbo the billet precision 5857.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned

dissing on the bullseye makes me giggle. ive never heard of billet precision turbos lol
Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

look at zzp's intake garbage. Did I put down 360 yes would it have keep going yes. The reason it didnt put down more is #1 cly 4 had compression of 140 rest of my cly had compression of 190. 2# max timing I was running was 11. I am now running 17-18. I was also running a air fuel of 11.1 so cly 4 would get enough fuel give me 1 month to put my car back to gether with my new pistons and rings then we can have a pissing contest and I will show you how my " shinny " setup will not only make more hp then yours but will also not max the turbo out like yours will. You have a bullseye do you not? I have a QUALITY turbo the billet precision 5857.
i have a garrett, a wimpy little 3071r

but even if your kit does put down more hp, which it won't be that much more... i can assure you that it is not $3000 more hp

anyways back to the OP, don't get focused on one specific kit or another, cause i've seen ebay kits put down more power than expensive ones. it's all in the setup (and not how shiny parts are or what name comes on them)
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned

its all in the tune!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:14 PM

I know absolutely nothing about turbos and turbo set ups and what is good and piping etc
Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

hp is good haha. bling is gay
Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM

^^Are you interested in a "show" turbo kit or one that will make just as much power and costs $2000 less. I have followed Roderick's thread on his Street Solution kit and it is nice. The exhaust manifold is a half ass attempt at an equal length design.ZZP's kit can easily make 400 whp and you will stay under $4000. If you want the looks to go with it then spend the extra money then go for the SS kit. In my eyes I don't know why everybody buy's hahn's kit. After they put it all together they all dump the S20 and get something better.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 PM

^^Are you interested in a "show" turbo kit or one that will make just as much power and costs $2000 less. I have followed Roderick's thread on his Street Solution kit and it is nice. The exhaust manifold is a half ass attempt at an equal length design.ZZP's kit can easily make 400 whp and you will stay under $4000. If you want the looks to go with it then spend the extra money then go for the SS kit. In my eyes I don't know why everybody buy's hahn's kit. After they put it all together they all dump the S20 and get something better.
ROFL LMFAO. I don't know you tell me what is going to help your turbo spool faster this from zzp
or this from street solutions
I will put it in laymans terms so you understand a " log style " exhaust mani will mash all the air into one tube and only flow at the rate that single tube will allow. Street solutions isnt a log style that means the air can flow from all for ports at a greater rate because it doesnt have the back pressure a log style creates.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM

If I were to switch from a sc to a turbo I'd go with the hahn kit
Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 PM

Just did a quick search for you to prove a point here read this article.http://www.full-race.com/articles/Bs...st_writeup.pdf
Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 PM

here are photos of my kit it is a zzp turbo only kit with a stock manifold and delete plate and a cheap intercooler and some piping cost a little more the 3000 all together
Old 11-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Banned

ROFL LMFAO. I don't know you tell me what is going to help your turbo spool faster this from zzp

I will put it in laymans terms so you understand a " log style " exhaust mani will mash all the air into one tube and only flow at the rate that single tube will allow. Street solutions isnt a log style that means the air can flow from all for ports at a greater rate because it doesnt have the back pressure a log style creates.
you posted a link to an equal length compared to a log style manifold, maybe you should get an equal length manifold before you claim that yours flows as good.

just because your manifold has some curves in it, doesn't mean it's equal length and to add into it, this is my manifold:

mine MUST spool before anyone else's cause it's near equal length right? lol

Quick Reply: If I were to replace my s/c with a turbo what kit is the best