2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

The Ingals TA was nice while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does that mean me would be able to get a replacement bracket for the 2.0 SC from the bending or probably not?? I would really like to get a new bracket, either way, so if I have to pay for it I guess that's what Ill do....
Old 06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damnit. i havent installed mine yet but now i might be glad i havent. might be gettin rid of it and doing something else in its place
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bika
damnit. i havent installed mine yet but now i might be glad i havent. might be gettin rid of it and doing something else in its place
Wanna sell it to me possibly?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 PM

the problem lies in the fact that it only braces the top of the motor... you also need to brace the bottom... plus fellas.... those things were not designed to last forever
Old 06-01-2006, 06:41 PM

if any of you have seen a car on the dyno , youll realize just the stuff they are suppling isnt enough

the motor must move about 3" foward and back , as well as side to side , and up and down, i wish i woulda had a vid camera on my friends redline on the dyno

i though the motor in my cav moved alot , mine is rock solid compaired to the cobalt/ion
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM

yeah cause the motor mounts are crap!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:25 PM

What was the setting you had it on? Did you ever lower the setting when you where just driving around. Im not sure if this would help because I do not have this part but I am looking into getting one next week. It just kindda makes since to me with the constant strain on the mount maybe it just can't take it with a high setting at all times. again I don't know just thinking out loud.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 PM

so is there or isnt there a problem with the 2.0SS ETD's? I just installed mine today and I'm gonna be pissed of its just gonna get bent after 2 months.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by player_1
the ribs on the 06 mounts will not prevent this from happening, but they will prevent it from bending it that much, but it will continue to bend above the rib, ( the rib is only like 1/4" tall)

i have an 05 with the stock mounts, im thinking of ordering new mounts so my torque brace wont get effed up. any suggestions? Also im having no problems with my dampner and these mounts, everything fits straight and flush with the other parts. I dont know what anyones talking about and also whats the big deal with the 05 and 06 motor mounts? oh yeah and also i only had it set right in the middle at about 12.5 so it wasnt too tight but good enough for me to launch and take off good cause i can launch decently with no wheel hop so i didnt need it tight so 12.5 was good for racing/daily driving
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Former Vendor

Email Rob @ Ingalls. He may be able to replace the bracket.

robs@ingallseng.com
Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
the problem lies in the fact that it only braces the top of the motor... you also need to brace the bottom... plus fellas.... those things were not designed to last forever
he's right!!I was looking at mine tonight and the problem is in the transmission mount.thats the week spot.I had my friend hold the brake and leave go the cluth slowly and it really crushes the tranny mount like nothing.so by adding the torque brace at the top of the motor the stress is transferd to the tranny mount causing the the engine to twist even more and dammaging the brakets.unless you build those brakets out of thick steel, you can do what you want to them but with out the stiffer tranny mount theres not much point.the other alternative would be to add another torque brace somewhere around the tranny mount.anyway thats just my input I could be wrong. good luck!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cobss187
i have an 05 with the stock mounts, im thinking of ordering new mounts so my torque brace wont get effed up. any suggestions? Also im having no problems with my dampner and these mounts, everything fits straight and flush with the other parts. I dont know what anyones talking about and also whats the big deal with the 05 and 06 motor mounts? oh yeah and also i only had it set right in the middle at about 12.5 so it wasnt too tight but good enough for me to launch and take off good cause i can launch decently with no wheel hop so i didnt need it tight so 12.5 was good for racing/daily driving
I don't know for sure if these braces failed because the distance was set incorrectly or if the braces failed.
as far as GM changing the mounts, only they know why they changed it. it doesn't make any difference to the stock mount.
but if you thinking of buying an 06 mount forget it. just buy a polyurethane mount like the JBP or ZZP mounts then sell your torque brace to someone else who wants it.

like I said before the 06 mount will not prevent them from bending.

then again if yours is not set really tight then the braces my never fail
Old 06-02-2006, 10:09 AM

Ive seen my engine on the dyno and understand why it would break. I surprised the mounts are still intact.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by BLKSS
Ive seen my engine on the dyno and understand why it would break. I surprised the mounts are still intact.
So am I. When I get my camera back from my friend I have a short video on there showing the stock engine movement. It's insane.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by snobird
did ingalls do testing on this product be sure and ask how much testing they did as well cause it seems a company that dosent test isint gonna be getting my money and by the way BLKSS ill be waiting along with you
i was the test vehicle on this. they did alot of testing. we drove the crap out of my car to make sure there would be no issues.
my belief is that some of the instutions have not been followed as they are writin, or there is some kind of communication problem between people. i have had no prblems what so ever with this. i have removed and reinstalled severaltimes and even gone as far as adjusting (making it stiffer). i am just having a hard time understanding why people are having problems with this. i am not saying they don't exsist but with all the testing they/we did there should not be anything happening like what has be stated. granted there were some fitment issues in the beging but the corrected those before releasing them, which at the time they were supposed to go out everyone was pissed becuase they wanted the brace. imagine what would be happening if they didn't take the time to correct what issues that had.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by robstamina
guys we are doing a redisgn of the bracket that allows for the small groove that is causing this to be "angled"..The rediesign includes smaller hardware and horizontal and vertical slots.. The groove that I am referencing is NOT on the 2.0 ss's which this was specifically developed for the 2.2,2.4 and 04+ saturn ion redlines have this groove that is causing this thing to angle which is causing the bend..

Also MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ADJUSTING THE LENGTH OF THE DAMPER WHEN YOU ADJUST THE PRELOAD..What we are seeing alot of also is that people are not adjusting the length and the hiem joint on the damper is causing it to angle and stress the brackets hence the bending..I redid the instructions also to reflect the immportance of this..

For you 2.4 guys with bent brackets contact me directly at my email and I will personally see to it that you get taken care of..the new redesigned brackets are available shortly...

robs@ingallseng.com
Just to clarify , I did have everything adjusted right . I had it set to about 11mm ....adjusted off the car , and I did re-adjust the lenght of the heim joints as well to match the holes on the bracket . I have not contacted Ingalls as of yet , as Ive had alot going on this week .
Old 06-02-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
Just to clarify , I did have everything adjusted right . I had it set to about 11mm ....adjusted off the car , and I did re-adjust the lenght of the heim joints as well to match the holes on the bracket . I have not contacted Ingalls as of yet , as Ive had alot going on this week .
email me

robs@ingallseng.com
Old 06-03-2006, 12:31 PM

The adjustments are from 15mm down to 10mm.. Stock is 14mm.. So maybe some of u guys have it on the lowest setting for daily driving which may be causing damage to the Ingalls as stated in the directions that came with the ETD
Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 PM
The Stig

Mine actually did not come with directions.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by MarcS
Mine actually did not come with directions.
hmmm.. that's weird

here are the intructions i got my my Ingalls. I purchased from TTR...

Old 06-03-2006, 01:58 PM

Guy's Please make sure to install them correctly....before blaming the product. I have made numerous runs with my car and no bent braquet's. When you install the Damper make sure to adjust the lenght of the Damper's arm so that its the same as the braquets.
The 2 bolt's should go in 100% straight or else of course your going to bend the braquets.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by denny
Guy's Please make sure to install them correctly....before blaming the product. I have made numerous runs with my car and no bent braquet's. When you install the Damper make sure to adjust the lenght of the Damper's arm so that its the same as the braquets.
The 2 bolt's should go in 100% straight or else of course your going to bend the braquets.

what is weird is that we have sold hundreds of these and I have contacted the people that have said there's have bent and noone has responded..

if you have bent brackets email me!!!!!

robs@ingallseng.com

if they are not installed correctly so that the hiem joints line up and instead get "wedged" at an angle then it is going to bend..