2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Intense Racing Modular Pulley System ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stuffy236

And youre one to talk about vendor bashing. pot meet kettle.

When did I bash a vendor? Everything you just described is stuff that "supposedly" happend on clubgp, not here-so why bring it here? How many failures has there been on the Cobalt SS's from INTENSE stuff? None. So unless you bought a part from INTENSE for your cobalt SS and it failed, there's no need to tell everyone stuff about that company. We're all friends here talking about cars we like. Take Care.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no you havent vendor bashed here, i was talking about on clubgp.

I hope you reread what you just typed and come to your senses. Of course there havent been any failures, there arent products yet. But shouldnt I warn others about the failures from that company on other platforms instead of saying maybe theyll be ok with this platform. intense probably wont make anything for the SS/SC, but if they do people need a fair warning on the workmanship.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chevypowered
At that high of revs it also begins to steal alot more power and create more heat on eatons site it shows some graphs.

With the 2.6 at 7K engine RPM it looks like it will make 550 CFM, steal 50+ HP, increase temp to 220* F

I just think if your going to go through all that trouble that it would be better to do a blower swap with one that is not so close to being maxed out. Better run some water injection with that pulley, you'll loose alot of pressure to heat
I don't just think, I try !
Old 12-11-2005, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
What kind of machining is required to run a pulley that small?
I will see it more precisly when I will measure the inside diameter of the 2.6" pulley (on the side of the blower), but my guess is I will have to remove about 1/6" all around the blower's snout, for a length of only 1/2".
Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by j4s0nmuzik
Interesting with all the stuff you have gone through and you haven't made any gains in HP that are significant, seems like a waste of time and money to me. Why not wait until the staged upgrades come out and make a purchase and not have to worry about the ECU being your crutch? JMHO but I would have said the hell with it.

J4
Until now, my SS "only" achieve a TRUE 17% WHP increase on a precise dyno. But some people said : Aaha this SS only makes 222 WHP with ALL of these mods !!!

So guys find a good dyno (which can measure load, not only inertia based dyno), after it make 2 or 3 good base pulls. After that, take your marvelous (per example) 240 WHP base pull, and say : Now I want to make more a real 17 % more WHP, so I will HAVE to achieve 240 X 1.17, so I will have to mod my car until it succesfully turns the rollers up to 281 WHP. Now you're good.

Also, the time attack Cobalt SS have been dynoed before (stock) and after but only achieve a 12 % increase from the all wonderful and marvelous 265 BHP stage 2.

Until now I was proud to post my results to all of you SS community friends, but if people start bashing me, you can be sure I will keep the results for myself.

Have a nice day !
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 PM

no you havent vendor bashed here, i was talking about on clubgp.

I hope you reread what you just typed and come to your senses. Of course there havent been any failures, there arent products yet. But shouldnt I warn others about the failures from that company on other platforms instead of saying maybe theyll be ok with this platform. intense probably wont make anything for the SS/SC, but if they do people need a fair warning on the workmanship.

I didn't vendor bash on clubgp either, I always let people know that I'm neutral. I never had a problem with anything I bought from either ZZP or INTENSE. As far as coming to my senses, you misunderstood my post. Basically, wait untill they mess somthing up on this car before we start telling everyone on here that they're a bad company. Just a thought.

Back to the topic. Take care.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 PM

ummm.... why the two names? and your impala ran 11s, not 13s. Whats up with the sig?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 AM

Guess we shouldn't buy a Cobalt either, hell ANY GM car since they have failures, recalls, and known issues. But are STILL sold. I'm not saying SC is perfect, NONE of them are. Why don't go and try to start and run your own business. You would QUICKLY learn the reality of the beast!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 AM

ummm.... why the two names? and your impala ran 11s, not 13s. Whats up with the sig?
Are you on CRACK?? You think i'm the only guy who has an IMPALA??
Old 12-12-2005, 02:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jmc007
Until now, my SS "only" achieve a TRUE 17% WHP increase on a precise dyno. But some people said : Aaha this SS only makes 222 WHP with ALL of these mods !!!

So guys find a good dyno (which can measure load, not only inertia based dyno), after it make 2 or 3 good base pulls. After that, take your marvelous (per example) 240 WHP base pull, and say : No I want to make more a real 17 % more WHP, so I will HAVE to achieve 240 X 1.17, so I will have to mod my car until it succesfully turns the rollers up to 281 WHP. Now you're good.

Also, the time attack Cobalt SS have been dynoed before (stock) and after but only achieve a 12 % increase from the all wonderful and marvelous 265 BHP stage 2.

Until now I was proud to post my results to all of you SS community friends, but if people start bashing me, you can be sure I will keep the results for myself.

Have a nice day !
I don't care if you post or don't post. I just think you have a lot more money to throw down the tube then I would want to part with, without some proper ECU tuning. To each his own, just seems like you have to have it right now.

J4
Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 PM

man you guys had such similar names, both drove an impala, etc that i just got confused.

Comparing GM to a small performance company is crazy. Of course there are going to be problems, but its how they deal with the problems that matters. GM issues real recalls and TSBs, intense only makes recalls if there company is in danger (ie Gen II LSD incident). They didnt even make a real recall either. They just posted on their website and hoped people saw it. SC told me that they didnt have enough differentials for a massive recall and thats why they didnt do it, but big deal. Thats their fault for putting that product out on the market.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM

I agree it was handled incorrectly, we are human and we make mistakes. I wasn't with them then but i am now. Scott is doing his best to make things better and not make that mistake again. Why not give him a chance by NOT bashing. If he screws up again, it will all pan out. When you bash them, it affects me and my family, so i WILL take it personal.

As i stated on clubzzp, if i don't like what i'm seeing from INTENSE, i'm out.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:41 PM

JMC you should continue to do what you are doing and post what happens and your gains. I find them informative and helpful. Thanks for you help!!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:44 PM

wait... im confused.... now do you have two SN's?

So just because he decided to do something different, we should forgive past mistakes? I thought you said you weren't apart of intense, just part of the "team" to get some discounts. So now are you a paid employee or what?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM

No, I'm not Rob, I'm Kevin. Two different people. To Jmc007, I appreciate all of your research for us. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM

wait... im confused.... now do you have two SN's?

So just because he decided to do something different, we should forgive past mistakes? I thought you said you weren't apart of intense, just part of the "team" to get some discounts. So now are you a paid employee or what?
NO i'm not a paid member of INTENSE! You bash them ,you hurt thier business and mine indirectly, which then hurts the income i need to take care of my family. You guys hold grudges worse than a bunch of women
Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 PM

I don't care if you post or don't post. I just think you have a lot more money to throw down the tube then I would want to part with, without some proper ECU tuning. To each his own, just seems like you have to have it right now.

J4
and this community could give a **** if you ever posted again. You see the thing is your not contributing anything unlike JMC007. Its guys like JMC007 who decide not to be so apathetic and go out and try things that end up figuring out the worthwhile mods.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by clownhair
and this community could give a **** if you ever posted again. You see the thing is your not contributing anything unlike JMC007. Its guys like JMC007 who decide not to be so apathetic and go out and try things that end up figuring out the worthwhile mods.
Thanks for cussing buddy.

J4
Old 12-13-2005, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
No, I'm not Rob, I'm Kevin. Two different people. To Jmc007, I appreciate all of your research for us. Keep up the good work.

i was talking about rob being fastfossil and fast06ss.

Rob, when a company screws someone i know (John Keuhner) I dont take that likely. He was promised up and down that he would get 11's out of his setup. He just needed to buy X more mods and he would get there. the best they could muster was a 12.3 or so with ed driving. Meanwhile, Jame Honeychurch ran 11's w/ stock heads and a cam, while John had stage II heads and stage III cam. And at the time, James was only a few hundred pounds lighter than John. He was also made to pay for his faulty transmission going out even though it wasnt his fault. It was the shody work by intense.

They also try to tell the community that a rear mounted turbo is just as good as a regular turbo system. They also tell the community that a heavier flex plate is better than a lighter one (for those not familiar with auto's, thats similar to the flywheel) but when i asked scott about it he admitted that heavier was not better. No testing was done on their cams, they just sent some info to cam motion, they gave them some figures and they rolled with it.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:29 AM

i was talking about rob being fastfossil and fast06ss.

Rob, when a company screws someone i know (John Keuhner) I dont take that likely. He was promised up and down that he would get 11's out of his setup. He just needed to buy X more mods and he would get there. the best they could muster was a 12.3 or so with ed driving. Meanwhile, Jame Honeychurch ran 11's w/ stock heads and a cam, while John had stage II heads and stage III cam. And at the time, James was only a few hundred pounds lighter than John. He was also made to pay for his faulty transmission going out even though it wasnt his fault. It was the shody work by intense.

They also try to tell the community that a rear mounted turbo is just as good as a regular turbo system. They also tell the community that a heavier flex plate is better than a lighter one (for those not familiar with auto's, thats similar to the flywheel) but when i asked scott about it he admitted that heavier was not better. No testing was done on their cams, they just sent some info to cam motion, they gave them some figures and they rolled with it.

Man you are SO far out there it's not even worth arguing over! God be with you as you need it for your clouded judgement. Heaven forbid something actually happen to you.
Wahpaa out!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 AM

Perhaps you guys should start a new thread to argue this topic, this one is for JMC upgrades and what he is doing, not really interested about what or what did not happen at intense.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by FASTFOSSIL
Man you are SO far out there it's not even worth arguing over! God be with you as you need it for your clouded judgement. Heaven forbid something actually happen to you.
Wahpaa out!
how am i out there? prove me wrong. ZZP cams out perform intense cams. The only one that comes close to competing with a zzp cam is the s1x vs the VS. Every other cam performs less than ZZP's. James hit 11s w/ stock heads and basicaly the same mods as John.

For the price they will charge for a rear mounted kit, an STS turbo is not feasible at all. If it was less than a traditional kit, it might fly, but it wont be.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

J4

I highly value all JMC research into the SS/SC. I am glad he is willing to put the time, money and effort into his car so we can all benifit from what he finds out.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:41 PM

Thanks for cussing buddy.

J4
Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM

this subject went to hell

Quick Reply: Intense Racing Modular Pulley System ...