2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

intense stage 4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im already working with a local company for the tune i just want to know what i have to do so i actually have to send them my snout and they send me another one i cant just keep my snout as a spair when i go back to stock??
thanks guys your great in making my decision im going to ask them tomorrow and i should have the kit at the end of the month with a torque dampner
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 AM

you can keep your snout but they will charge you a core charge.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Intense is crap they are the joke off the 3800 world, where they started. Be careful what you get from them.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM

you cant come in here and just say they are crap without any supporting information so please provide some if you can....
Old 03-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Intense parts are fine. I have them on my GTP as well. Their tuning is lacking some, but noone has a perfect tune for everycar. They certainly try hard, and they have great customer service.

They just rebuilt my 60's for free. And have replaced a few other things I have had issues with.

As for the snout, if you don't send yours back in then you will be paying an extra $300 or so to keep it.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Their S/C porting jobs are worthless, and even if they did work, are overpriced.

Every LSD they have attempted to make have been a complete failure.

Most of their cams are more useful as a baseball bat.

They make many more crap products those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head. They do make some decent products but nothing I would ever buy, especially for the price. I am talking strictly about 3800 products. I don't know how they are doing for LSJ market, but hopefully better. Even some of the posts in this thread say their tuning has blown engines. Just don't be surprised if you see more of their parts breaking stuff down the road. Just my .02
Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by StrongGP
Intense is crap they are the joke off the 3800 world, where they started. Be careful what you get from them.
Originally Posted by rickyw
you cant come in here and just say they are crap without any supporting information so please provide some if you can....
Originally Posted by StrongGP
Their S/C porting jobs are worthless, and even if they did work, are overpriced.

Every LSD they have attempted to make have been a complete failure.

Most of their cams are more useful as a baseball bat.

They make many more crap products those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head. They do make some decent products but nothing I would ever buy, especially for the price. I am talking strictly about 3800 products. I don't know how they are doing for LSJ market, but hopefully better. Even some of the posts in this thread say their tuning has blown engines. Just don't be surprised if you see more of their parts breaking stuff down the road. Just my .02

We've been through this already, the bashing of Intense from GTP members. There dealings with the 3800 community has had its ups and downs....and yes, there is documentation, both good and bad.
From the standpoint of the LSJ community, they are a good buy if you're having the work done there. They've been the pioneers for a lot of innovations that have come out for the LSJ community. I personally run an Intense tune (modified) and its a great platform to work with. Is it the endall, no. There isn't a vendor out there that is. So, if you're going to buy from them and have them install it, great.

I would suggest in addition:
an aeroforce gauge or other type of gauge to monitor engine parameters.

and think about theses in the future, they are not necessary now.

control arm bushings
a secondary heat exchanger
and possibly the stage 2 drive shafts.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 PM

i am looking to do stage 4 very soon, are any of you with stage 4 still running on the stock clutch? I am debating to just do the clutch first then the stage 4 so i dont have to worry about it slipping, or is it not too much slippage with the stage 4?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 PM

thanks doc
Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by yamaman57
i am looking to do stage 4 very soon, are any of you with stage 4 still running on the stock clutch? I am debating to just do the clutch first then the stage 4 so i dont have to worry about it slipping, or is it not too much slippage with the stage 4?
I have been running the stock clutch on a stage 4 for 5-6 months. No problems. At first I had issues, but then you have to relearn how to drive when going from 205hp up to 310hp+ Stock Axles are also fine. Remember it is Wheel hop that breaks them, not the HP. If you wheel hop you WILL break the Stage 2 axles also!

Fpr some reason, I have not noticed my clutch slipping a great deal for about 2 months. You would think the stock clutch would be shot, but if you don't install the stage clutches properly it can make your shifting a nightmare.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Anybody actually went to Intense in Ohio? How was that experience?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 PM

I drove 2 hours to Intense and it was a Great experience. I had them install and dyno tune my stage 4. They are all great people. Scott the owner introduced himself and told us about his company and what they are about. They are willing to go out of their way to help you. I got down there right as they were eating lunch. They offered my g/f and I food and something to drink, gave us a tour, and answered any questions I had. Tim the mechanic had my car done in probably an hour. Its been too long to remember exactly. I of course took it for a test drive. It was amazing what and hour and some parts could do to your car. Scott tuned my car and had it done in 3 pulls. Final numbers are in my sig. I have had great experience with them and recommend them to everybody.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 AM

In my dealings with Todd, he has answered all my questions and is working hard with me to get the right products and make sure everything goes great. Todd's boss if your reading this Todd is a great asset to your company. I am diffently looking at buying the stage four from them by the end of the month I am already calculating shipping and everything else as far as what i need to send to them. I am diffently happy with my experiance with them thus far.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by SSweet06
I drove 2 hours to Intense and it was a Great experience. I had them install and dyno tune my stage 4. They are all great people. Scott the owner introduced himself and told us about his company and what they are about. They are willing to go out of their way to help you. I got down there right as they were eating lunch. They offered my g/f and I food and something to drink, gave us a tour, and answered any questions I had. Tim the mechanic had my car done in probably an hour. Its been too long to remember exactly. I of course took it for a test drive. It was amazing what and hour and some parts could do to your car. Scott tuned my car and had it done in 3 pulls. Final numbers are in my sig. I have had great experience with them and recommend them to everybody.
Is your HP listed taking your 10.5:1 pistons into consideration?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 PM

what would you guys do intense stage 3 or intense stage 4?......thats were im stuck......
Old 03-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by rickyw
what would you guys do intense stage 3 or intense stage 4?......thats were im stuck......
Intense Stage 4, with LOTS of tuning! I have both, and Stage 4 is way more fun.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Is your HP listed taking your 10.5:1 pistons into consideration?
Sorry it took so long, NO my HP listed is not with my pistons. They are not installed yet. I'm planning a full engine build this coming fall/winter. I'm talking to Scott at Intense and hopefully they will be the ones building it for me. Also I have a possible sponsorship with a company so I can get me some cheap parts. I just have finish buying all my parts.