2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Interceptor Gauge ?'s...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Interceptor Gauge ?'s...

I plan on getting the ZZP Stage 3 kit and of course getting it tuned....

After talking to the tuner, he said it would be very beneficial if I had an interceptor gauge....

I assume that that would be this... https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt...=878&catid=169

Now somewhere I read that they can read boost, but I do not see it on the ZZP website.. so Will this gauge read boost?

annnnnnd my other question(s)... when ordering the gauge, there are a couple options and i'm completely clueless with them...

1. Single/Dual/Triple Gauge - I'm assuming this is if you'd like more then 1 interceptor gauge... so in my case I'd go with the Single Gauge.. correct me if i'm wrong though

2. Option 1: White, Red, Blue, And Green Display... I'm assuming that is this... https://www.zzperformance.com/products_img/878_1.jpg .. Correct?

3. Option 2: A bunch of difference faces.... I'm curious as to what each face looks like.. Help ?

4. Option 3: Black, Silver, and Aluminum bezels... Pretty much the same thing as above... I'm curious as to what each one is...

5. Car: Options are "PT series" and "CN series"... Someone is going to have to explain that....

07 cobalt ss/sc if that helps at all......

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tstonee
I plan on getting the ZZP Stage 3 kit and of course getting it tuned....

After talking to the tuner, he said it would be very beneficial if I had an interceptor gauge....

I assume that that would be this... https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt...=878&catid=169

Now somewhere I read that they can read boost, but I do not see it on the ZZP website.. so Will this gauge read boost?

annnnnnd my other question(s)... when ordering the gauge, there are a couple options and i'm completely clueless with them...

1. Single/Dual/Triple Gauge - I'm assuming this is if you'd like more then 1 interceptor gauge... so in my case I'd go with the Single Gauge.. correct me if i'm wrong though

2. Option 1: White, Red, Blue, And Green Display... I'm assuming that is this... https://www.zzperformance.com/products_img/878_1.jpg .. Correct?

3. Option 2: A bunch of difference faces.... I'm curious as to what each face looks like.. Help ?

4. Option 3: Black, Silver, and Aluminum bezels... Pretty much the same thing as above... I'm curious as to what each one is...

5. Car: Options are "PT series" and "CN series"... Someone is going to have to explain that....

Thanks ahead of time.
1: I have dual. Get what you want Each Interceptor reads OBDII data, note: Not all the data supported by the gauge will work on our cars. Example: Fuel Gallons, will show you fuel in liters. When chooseing 1, 2, or 3, gauges, keep in mind update speeds and what you want to moniter. Each gauge has 2 seperate analog inputs that can be used with sensors, such as a wideband kit. The more interceptors you have, the slower the data rate you will have to select otherwise it would clog up the OBDII bus with information.

2: Display colors are the colors of the numbers on the screen. I have red, If you do not like what you get, you will have to get a different gauge.

3: I dont know about buying from ZZP, but if you buy direct from Aeroforce, you get a black face and a white one. I'm about to change mine to black, as I currently have the white ones. If you do not like what you get, you can get these faces seperatly

4: I don't know about ZZP, but if you buy direct from Aeroforce, you get a black bezel and a silver color one. If you do not like what you get, you can get these bezels seperatly

5: Not sure about the 07, but I have an 06 and I have the PT, PT and CAN are two diffrent OBDII databus languages/formats I think. You might have to contact aeroforce or ZZP to find out wich you need for your 07

The main things to moniter in an interceptor are your Long Term Fuel Trims, your Knock Retard 3. (Knock Retard 1 and 2 are not supported by our cars) IAT2 Inlet Air Temp 2, or post supercharger air temp, and AFR, Air Fuel Ratio is not suppoted by our cars, wich means you'll have to buy a sensor kit and attach it to one of your analog inputs.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by insylem
1: I have dual. Get what you want Each Interceptor reads OBDII data, note: Not all the data supported by the gauge will work on our cars. Example: Fuel Gallons, will show you fuel in liters. When chooseing 1, 2, or 3, gauges, keep in mind update speeds and what you want to moniter. Each gauge has 2 seperate analog inputs that can be used with sensors, such as a wideband kit. The more interceptors you have, the slower the data rate you will have to select otherwise it would clog up the OBDII bus with information.

2: Display colors are the colors of the numbers on the screen. I have red, If you do not like what you get, you will have to get a different gauge.

3: I dont know about buying from ZZP, but if you buy direct from Aeroforce, you get a black face and a white one. I'm about to change mine to black, as I currently have the white ones. If you do not like what you get, you can get these faces seperatly

4: I don't know about ZZP, but if you buy direct from Aeroforce, you get a black bezel and a silver color one. If you do not like what you get, you can get these bezels seperatly

5: Not sure about the 07, but I have an 06 and I have the PT, PT and CAN are two diffrent OBDII databus languages/formats I think. You might have to contact aeroforce or ZZP to find out wich you need for your 07

The main things to moniter in an interceptor are your Long Term Fuel Trims, your Knock Retard 3. (Knock Retard 1 and 2 are not supported by our cars) IAT2 Inlet Air Temp 2, or post supercharger air temp, and AFR, Air Fuel Ratio is not suppoted by our cars, wich means you'll have to buy a sensor kit and attach it to one of your analog inputs.
The AFR read out on the interceptor works for our cars, but reads COMMAND AFR. If you want your "actual" AFR you will need a wideband like mentioned.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still confused on wether or not I should get "PT series" or "CN series" ?

And does it read boost?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Still confused on wether or not I should get "PT series" or "CN series" ?

And does it read boost?
You want the PT series. The CN series is for the SS/TC.

Yes it reads boost. Go to Aeroforce's website. They provide a run down on what the interceptors reads.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Just a note also: You will want to monitor your actual afr as opposed to the COMMAND AFR that the gauge reads. The Command AFR is where the PCM is trying to get your AFR, the actual AFR is the actual AFR that the engine is doing. You will need a sensor kit for this, and it can plug into one of the inputs.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Just a note also: You will want to monitor your actual afr as opposed to the COMMAND AFR that the gauge reads. The Command AFR is where the PCM is trying to get your AFR, the actual AFR is the actual AFR that the engine is doing. You will need a sensor kit for this, and it can plug into one of the inputs.
The PCM is not trying to get the command AFR.... it is providing the command AFR. The command AFR is set in the PCM. A properly tuned/setup car's "actual" AFR should be within a few 10ths of the command AFR ratio.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks ahead of time.
From ZZP's Site

APPLICATIONS:

05-07 Cobalt 2.0L (PT)

08+ Cobalt 2.0L (CN)

05+ Cobalt 2.2L & 2.4L (CN)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by keiserX13
From ZZP's Site
See post #5
Old 06-03-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
The PCM is not trying to get the command AFR.... it is providing the command AFR. The command AFR is set in the PCM. A properly tuned/setup car's "actual" AFR should be within a few 10ths of the command AFR ratio.
I think we are saying the same thing. Perhaps I worded what I was intending to say incorrectly.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

I think we are saying the same thing. Perhaps I worded what I was intending to say incorrectly.
We are....

I was just clarifying your statement a bit