2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

J-Body Performance Header

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matty
Ballpark 15 -20 depending on how many PSI you are putting out.

IMO.

I am not putting out any PSI. I have the 2.4 SS.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by HiSpdPursuit
i know there are more then 10 people that SHOULD be interested in this header
I WANT THAT HEADER SOOOOO BAD!!!!! IF IT DIDN'T COST MONEY I COULD AFFORD IT!!! WHY CAN'T THEY BE FREE!!??!!??!!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 PM

ill probly wait to see what everyone is putting down before i make my decision.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:08 PM

I want to get a good header, and the quicktime electric cut-out put in before the cat. So I can have super high flowing exhaust while racing, and street and emissions legal exhaust for the street.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Is this header good for the 2.4? and does it line up with my catback, I have the GMMP catback, because too big might not be good for us 2.4 guys, im hoping its 2'5 in diameter
Old 06-30-2006, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by g5mike
Is this header good for the 2.4? and does it line up with my catback, I have the GMMP catback, because too big might not be good for us 2.4 guys, im hoping its 2'5 in diameter
the header will fit the 2.4 perfectly. The primaries are 1 5/8's (the ideal diameter) that go to a 3 inch formed collector that will fit up to the stock exhaust setup position. So as long as you dont have a custom exhaust yer good.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
I want to get a good header, and the quicktime electric cut-out put in before the cat. So I can have super high flowing exhaust while racing, and street and emissions legal exhaust for the street.

you might want to check your local emissions laws first... i think its actually federal law that you can't modify ANYTHING in the exhaust thats pre-cat unless the vehicle is out of the OEM emissions part warranty.. of course, my toolbag former auto tech instructor from 2 years ago is the one who told me that, so the accuracy would need to be verified. Generally speaking though, most states with emissions will still fail you for a pre-cat cutout even if it is the wingnut type thats bolted shut. Not saying its illegal in AZ, but you'd definitely want to get that in writing from somebody in the legal profession or something.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:37 AM

for $600, ill pass. can get a long tube header with a MUCH more direct exhaust route for $100 more, or a complete header and downpipe package for less or approx the same. for basically a shorty header, $600 is way too much. IMO those bends do more harm then good. everybody always preaches less exhaust restrictions on here, so that is an awfully not of bends in the very beginning of the exhaust system. there is no turbo at the end of that flange, so the exhaust gases do not need to be routed for a correct and even flow, so i just say get the damn exhaust gases outta there ASAP!!!! i feel the same gains can be had with any of the good shorty designs out there (cough cough* dyno comparison anybody )some of the primaries do a complete 180!

then again.. this is just my opinion

but it does look like a marvelous piece of craftsmanship
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by PuSha050
for $600, ill pass. can get a long tube header with a MUCH more direct exhaust route for $100 more, or a complete header and downpipe package for less or approx the same. for basically a shorty header, $600 is way too much. IMO those bends do more harm then good. everybody always preaches less exhaust restrictions on here, so that is an awfully not of bends in the very beginning of the exhaust system. there is no turbo at the end of that flange, so the exhaust gases do not need to be routed for a correct and even flow, so i just say get the damn exhaust gases outta there ASAP!!!! i feel the same gains can be had with any of the good shorty designs out there (cough cough* dyno comparison anybody )some of the primaries do a complete 180!

then again.. this is just my opinion

but it does look like a marvelous piece of craftsmanship
Im feelin the same way
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 AM

the advantage with an equal length header is that when the cylinder exhausts it's gasses, a sucking action is caused as the after it passes the collector, essentially sucking out the exhaust gasses quicker from the next exhausting cylinder. and so on.

this allows the engine to breath much better.

it is much easier to produce an equal length long tube header then a shorty because of the space ristrictions.

now the major differance is where do you want to gain more power? Top end or Low end.
that's where you make your decision on a long tube or shorty header.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by player_1
the advantage with an equal length header is that when the cylinder exhausts it's gasses, a sucking action is caused as the after it passes the collector, essentially sucking out the exhaust gasses quicker from the next exhausting cylinder. and so on.

it is much easier to produce an equal length long tube header then a shorty because of the space ristrictions.

now the major differance is where do you want to gain more power? Top end or Low end.
Player I like my power more low to mid, what header would be most benificial to me ,Thanks!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that pretty much is what i was going to say. but i mean, is this really a shorty header anymore? the primaries are super long... its more like a compact long tube 4-1.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ i should also ask whats the primary lengths?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:49 AM

shorties are better for cars with a tight powerband, so you'd probably be better off with a shorty, but over the entire power band, you'll make more power with with an equal length 4-2-1 longtube. $$$$

so a good shorty will make more Torque up until about 5-5.5K RPM, after that a good long tube will make more power. also vary high horsepower cars will benifit more from llong tubes as well.

Rod
that means you, you should really think of a good equal length long tube header for the power you'll be outputting.

basically for headers it's like this:
4-1 shorty < =length 4-1 shorty ~ 4-1 long tube < 4-2-1 long tube < =length 4-2-1 longtube

also anther factor that fometimes make the lung tube better, is that they sometimes delet the Cat., or come with a larger better cat. the the stock.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:54 AM

Thanks Player! I just got a pm with the same response,Im goin to stick with the ClearImage header just got to find out if it is 1 5/8
Old 06-30-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by spooler
that pretty much is what i was going to say. but i mean, is this really a shorty header anymore? the primaries are super long... its more like a compact long tube 4-1.
a compact 4-1 long tube only makes power, cause it delets the cat. and it helps abit with the top end. that and they are rarely equal length. personally they cheap design and not worth the money, a good equal length short will make more power especially if you delete that cat as well with a down pipe.

as far as the lengths I don't know what they are.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by g5mike
Thanks Player! I just got a pm with the same response,Im goin to stick with the ClearImage header just got to find out if it is 1 5/8
no prob, good luck
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
...Rod that means you, you should really think of a good equal length long tube header for the power you'll be outputting......
When your at the shop next week using up all of Mev's time (that he could be working on my engine) just tell him to use the best thing for my header needs. Oh wait I need a header for a turbo system and I think that changes things?????
Old 06-30-2006, 12:14 PM

lol
I forgot about that, never mind stick withthe shorty
has the "designer" told you anything about the twincharge setup yet?
Old 06-30-2006, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by JerseyJay
you might want to check your local emissions laws first... i think its actually federal law that you can't modify ANYTHING in the exhaust thats pre-cat unless the vehicle is out of the OEM emissions part warranty.. of course, my toolbag former auto tech instructor from 2 years ago is the one who told me that, so the accuracy would need to be verified. Generally speaking though, most states with emissions will still fail you for a pre-cat cutout even if it is the wingnut type thats bolted shut. Not saying its illegal in AZ, but you'd definitely want to get that in writing from somebody in the legal profession or something.
I'm not worried about it, if I can't pass here in chandler because of it, then I'll just register my car at my aunt and uncles house in flagstaff, theres no emissions requirements in flagstaff.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 AM

I know regular price is 670+tax, so GB price should be a good deal, more info if about pricing, order date deadline, and wait period for the Header,
ON JBP website, it says for one header 2 weeks, which is pretty good, if this GB goes through they will be pretty busy......

JBP 4-1 Header GP List
1) Travis McNulty/turboeco
2) Andre/spooler
3)Rod/victory_red_SS
4)Brent / HiSpdPursuit
5)Ed / Player_1
6)Mike / Mugencivicsi (depending on GB price and wait)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old 07-05-2006, 07:14 AM

i hope this is ok,
they have a pic on their website of the header, though i would post to show

Old 07-05-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to hear more opinons on shorty with/without cat vs long tube before I add myself to this group buy.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:52 AM

you could buy the ZZP downpipe to mait with this, for added performance. or the XTC downpipe

Last edited by player_1; 07-05-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by NGalaxyTimmyo
I'd like to hear more opinons on shorty with/without cat vs long tube before I add myself to this group buy.
what more is there to hear?...you decide what header is right for you.

Long tube equal length = more high end power and torque
Short tube equal length = mid-high end torque and HP

Quick Reply: J-Body Performance Header