2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

J-Body Performance Header

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
They are building my engine, who said anything about them doing a twincharged kit?

Your car is being built for the anticipation of a twincharge setup. My car and the majority of ppl will never do this. I am interested in a header. IF JBP is working on your rather unique setup, I don't think it appeals to the masses.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:05 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
So let me try this again. The work they are doing on my ENGINE benifits others who will have work done on their engines. How many shops do you guys know who have removed every nut and bolt on the LSJ? That many uh? JBP is looking at how each component works and whether or not there can be some custom tweaking for the people who want to spend the money getting as much out of their engines as possible. What they learn on my engine allows future projects to be done quicker because the learning curve has been completed.
I would have loved my engine to have been done long ago, and not the 12-14 weeks I will have had to go without an engine. That header you guys want was designed at the expense of my time without a car. The header was designed off my engine on JBP's stand for perfect a fit unlike some of the headers that were designed off a engine still bolted in the car, resulting in fitiment issues.
Then comes the bottom line, most people won't buy any header for a long time. They just want something to write\read during their daily forum fix. Those of us who bought TOG headers waited a lot longer (than anyone waiting since JBPsaid they would make a header) and back then there was no other choice. When the TOG's were shipped no one knew if they would get a good one or a bad one. If you guys really want a header go buy one, you have lots of choices. I want my engine back and right now I don't give a damn how pissed off you get that my engine gets worked on. I have paid for my work, have you paid for your header?
And before you say you have no results on the header to base your decisions on, I have only JBP's reputation to go one for my engine because no one else was nice enough to go before me, so all the bugs in a build like this, could be worked out.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so..umm...any updates?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by patathSS
Your car is being built for the anticipation of a twincharge setup. My car and the majority of ppl will never do this. I am interested in a header. IF JBP is working on your rather unique setup, I don't think it appeals to the masses.
+1...I actually find twincharging will be pointless compared to going just straight turbo, ****, even Hahn says on their site "For those serious types looking for ultimate turbo power..." under their turbo kit for the LSJs.

I don't plan on doing anything like that anyways though. I want to make my car 320whp on just the supercharger and then just call it quits and get the SKY RL and build that.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:07 AM

JBP is looking at how each component works and whether or not there can be some custom tweaking for the people who want to spend the money getting as much out of their engines as possible.
With the stuff it seems like you're talking about them doing, they better work on their damn prices a bit then with the new stuff because some of the things are insane...$1000 for a Corsa...the cost of a GM Stage 2 is almost more than what people pay at the dealership including install. I don't know who you consider "people" as a mass to get done on their engine. I'm looking at one and only part I plan on buying from them and that is the manifold. Hell the cost of the valves, valve seats, and other things to build up the valve train is as much as it is for me to send my whole head out and get a 5 angle valve job, same valves, etc.

We don't want all that **** from them...just the header.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:09 AM

And before you say you have no results on the header to base your decisions on, I have only JBP's reputation to go one for my engine because no one else was nice enough to go before me, so all the bugs in a build like this, could be worked out.
You really expect us to believe all that? You clearly have stated in your sig that you're sponsored by them. No one on here is dumb enough to think you paid for every damn thing they are doing.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by vandy0419
You really expect us to believe all that? You clearly have stated in your sig that you're sponsored by them. No one on here is dumb enough to think you paid for every damn thing they are doing.
By sponsored I refer to a partial sponsorship. I am getting a nice break "on labour" from JBP because of the time my engine has sat there to develop the header "you say you want" as well as the time they spent learning every inch of the LSJ and a few other goodies they are working on. Those parts you think are too expensive, I pay for each one without whining. You don't like the price go somewhere else, thats what free enterprise is all about.
As for what I am spending on my project I don't care what you think. I am the one handing over the cash and you wouldn't even be close if you guessed how much I am pouring into this project, overall.
As for other sponsorships listed they are contingent on magazine coverage and I will be reimbursed only after the magazine prints.
What "I" like about JBP is they are committed to this project and to meeting deadlines while still servicing their other customers. Ask the guys in the GTA whether or not they still get service.
I bet when JBP does release the header "you" don't buy one.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 PM

well if you guys want an update here it is, I was there yesterday.
he has completed the first header, but before he slaps it on his car and gets the dyno numbers, he wants to build one more (2.5-3 days at least) reason for that is so he always has a sample header to compare to to insure that every header he builds will be the same.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by player_1
well if you guys want an update here it is, I was there yesterday.
he has completed the first header, but before he slaps it on his car and gets the dyno numbers, he wants to build one more (2.5-3 days at least) reason for that is so he always has a sample header to compare to to insure that every header he builds will be the same.
Ed, you wre there yesterday and no little teaser for me about my engine
Old 08-23-2006, 12:42 PM

Ed told me that the engine is finished and mev wanted to test it so he slapped it in Eds car and it blew, then they all laughed and ate pizza with fish eyes and goat cheese....

;P
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 PM

well Rod
since he's waiting to get those sleeves made up, he's been using your block as a coffee cup holder.
the diameter were those pistons sit are actually the perfecr size for an XL timmies cup.
sorry man no real update, you know all the reasons better then I do.
but I hope that was teaser enough for you
Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by distillion
Ed told me that the engine is finished and mev wanted to test it so he slapped it in Eds car and it blew, then they all laughed and ate pizza with fish eyes and goat cheese....;P
Originally Posted by player_1
well Rod
since he's waiting to get those sleeves made up, he's been using your block as a coffee cup holder.
the diameter were those pistons sit are actually the perfecr size for an XL timmies cup.
sorry man no real update, you know all the reasons better then I do.
but I hope that was teaser enough for you
Thanks I needed that. You guys are way to funny Almost as funny as when Mev dropped something in your engine Ed when he was doing the valves
Old 08-23-2006, 03:57 PM