2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Just aquired AllData!! read this!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just aquired AllData!! read this!

A big hello to the SS Supercharged community. I recently found a working copy of AllData, and copied my college's entire collection of AllData discs. I have info regarding ANY and EVERYTHING related to all Cobalts 05-08 whether it be the SS LS TC... you name it. I have an SS SC so i figured I'd post here first.

If any1 ever needs a part #, a schematic, i can post it up. I recently played with it for 2 hours looking up cam r&r proceedures and a ton of other stuff.

Just figured I'd post and let ppl knwo if they need any info on a Cobalt, post it up or PM me.

P.S.... my senior project (I go to SUNY Farmingdale, NY for Auto Tech) I did my project on (go figure) the history of the supercharger. It's not due until May 16th but I'm done with it way in advance. I'd really appreciate it if some1 gave it a read and told me what they thought. 23 pages of informative goodness, if you care to know where the Supercharger came from!

Click here for my Paper and PowerPoint Presentation!

Thanks in advance to those who read it. Let me know what you think, I spent a lot of time on it.

EDIT: The Files are in the 'School Stuff' Folder, this site rocks and I'm adding more files to it like pics of my car and such so i had to make a folder for the aforementioned files so things wouldn't get disorganized.

Last edited by SprChrg4Life; 04-03-2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: had to add info about the location of my paper on the site!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
electircal diagram for power door lock switches? preferably with voltages outputted when each button is pressed? its a pretty specific request, even for alldata
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PMed.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Ha ha....you mean SOMEdata. I use it on a daily basis, and while it is a great resource 75% of the time, you won't find everything you need. Don't worry, you'll see. :P
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by RS75GT 1SS
Ha ha....you mean SOMEdata. I use it on a daily basis, and while it is a great resource 75% of the time, you won't find everything you need. Don't worry, you'll see. :P
hmmm, interesting. hence why i'm asking if people need info... trying to see how much i can really find. my professors swear by it, and if alldata does have it i'll swing by mitchells online, they have pretty detailed R&R diagrams.

i'm currently looking up all the things ppl asked for. keep em coming! will check when i get free time

hunterkill89, i can't seem to find that info, that's really specific. i'll look into the amperage draw of the windows, then using a lil ohms law we should figure out what the voltage drop should be on a healthy electrical system. I "assume" they'd pull 10-15amps, and no more than a .3V drop at idle.

At the switch, well when the relay in the switch gets engaged it grounds out so, shouldn't have too much of a drop between ground at the switch and battery ground, same goes with power to the switch and power to battery. What's your issue?

Usually stuff like that can be remedied with cleaning the connections, then checking for significant and unnecessary voltage drops. if you dip below 11V total system voltage with the car off or 13 car on, or more than a volt at the switch, than then there is a serious issue in the tested part of the circuit.

Last edited by SprChrg4Life; 04-03-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
all data does not have all the information on the lsj.

sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SprChrg4Life

At the switch, well when the relay in the switch gets engaged it grounds out so, shouldn't have too much of a drop between ground at the switch and battery ground, same goes with power to the switch and power to battery. What's your issue?

Usually stuff like that can be remedied with cleaning the connections, then checking for significant and unnecessary voltage drops. if you dip below 11V total system voltage with the car off or 13 car on, or more than a volt at the switch, than then there is a serious issue in the tested part of the circuit.
im trying to wire up power locks, and i have the stock switches. I thought there would be 3 prongs, one being voltage in, one being voltage out when unlock is pressed, and one being voltage out when lock is pressed....instead, 2 of the 3 prongs always have a connection to each other (to power LED maybe?), and maybe half voltage will go through the 3rd prong when either the lock or unlock button is pressed...its not discriminatory. Its just incredibly annoying to me....
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
all data does not have all the information on the lsj.

sorry to burst your bubble.
what information does it not have? i've been able to find a ton of info on the LSJ. why do you say that?

as for the power locks, it's completely normal to get a .5 voltage drop through a switch. does the switch work? and is it possible to open it up via unclipping the plastic house from it? if so, get in there and clean it up a bit. though a V drop is normal
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM

does that disk 3 that you have up there have info for an 06 SS/SC?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
electircal diagram for power door lock switches? preferably with voltages outputted when each button is pressed? its a pretty specific request, even for alldata
I will certainly require your assistance for my SC build. Since I am a GM Employee I have access to the real GM service manuals. Please email me and I will be happy to take a look for you.