2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

just finished install on ottp reverse trans mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just finished install on ottp reverse trans mount

I just finished install on ottp reverse trans mount. It is raining out but I still took the car for a spin. I hope that it is the rain but I still have wheel hop. And the vibration is horrible! I loved that you could not feel any vibes thru the wheel, now at idle the vibration is crazy. If I still have wheel hop when it is dry out I am going back to stock mounts!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you loosen the motor mount and mover the motor around to get it to sit right with the new mounts
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM

stage 2 mounts?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:06 AM

it is stage one. It seemed like the mounts only fit one way. When I was moving the motor the bolts would only go in one way.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM

if you got vibration with stage 1 you have some other issue thats for sure. check your install...contact Josh or sean at OTTP
Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Truth.

I have the stage 2's and all it did was make my car sound awesome haha
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM

sounds like its a faulty mount better sell it to me
Old 03-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm too JDM for you

something is not right. you need to loosen your driver side motor mount when doing the install
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM

ya these mounts are great, vibes pretty much stock and no hop
Old 03-13-2010, 11:37 AM

well if they came with instructions, then I would know the proper way to install them. I looked up how to install them in the how to section and followed that. OTTP really should include instruction with there products. I will check my install but if all the hole lined up and the bolts went in, what could I have done wrong?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by nevasuma
well if they came with instructions, then I would know the proper way to install them. I looked up how to install them in the how to section and followed that. OTTP really should include instruction with there products. I will check my install but if all the hole lined up and the bolts went in, what could I have done wrong?
Call OTTP . It has been posted here many times:
Place a jack under the engine trans unit. take the weight off the power train.Go up top and loosen off a little ( 3/4 turn) but do not remove the three bolts on the passenger side mount where it bolts to the engine mount bracket. Remove the rear mount completely. Install the new rear mount and leave the cross bolt for the mount hand tight. Torque the mount bracket to trans bolts. Leave the three bottom bolts hand tight.
Move to the front. Remove the front mount and replace with the new mount the spacers go each side of the mount encapsulated by the cradle ears.

hand tighten the cross bolt, torque the mount to trans bolts.(41 ft lbs)

Now torque the rear mount lower bolts (3 , 37 ft lbs or 44 ft lbs the book gives a choice use the lower number) and the cross bolt for the mount. (66 ft lbs)
Remove the jack and rock the motor back and forth. Torque the front mount cross bolt (41 ft lbs)

Go up top and torque the top passenger side mount bolts.(41 ft lbs) Use blue loctite on threads its seems folks either dont torque the bolts or they are falling out by themselves. loctite will slow this down.

The procedure is in the workshop manual. If you want to work on your car and not have a tech do the job get a workshop manual read it, that is better than any install instructions from the forum....
Finally depending on tire type, tire pressure , struts, cabs and road conditions especially in the rain or on a prepped drag strip with DR, you may still encounter wheel tramp (not violent hop) thats life.

You're welcome
Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM

Well, more than likely, if you are buying the mounts, you should be able to figure out how to install them.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mkriebs
Well, more than likely, if you are buying the mounts, you should be able to figure out how to install them.
I would tend to agree assuming some level of mechanical skill. But lets say this. Nevasuma: they are ROTATED mounts not REVERSE mounts. If you dont remember what they are called , then how can we beleive your mechanical skills?

and you did not call OTTP. You had to post here first. Sucks to be you.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
^Truth.

loved it!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 PM

The how to didn't help you?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:29 PM

qwikredline is this what this forum is for? To put me down instead of helping me? I used the wrong word, so sorry , kill me. My mechanical skills are very good but instruction always help. OTTP has done these a million times. They know all the tricks to do it right. All I am asking is for a little help.

I called OTTP, they are not picking up. I used the search but I guess I did not put in the right words because I could not find what I wanted.

Thank you for answering me but it sounds a little condescending to me.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

When you installed them, did you tighten them to the torque specs and test drove it? or did you leave them loosend abit? I think you are suppose to see 3 threads on each bolt and stay below 3000rpm and not give it hard throttle. Thats what i did, drove around for 30mins under 3000rpm and i let the tranny settle then when home and tightend them to the torque specs.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

All your going to get from Quickredline is bullshit. Hes a giant **** talker online, cause hes ***** in person.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:34 PM

qwikredline is this what this forum is for? To put me down instead of helping me? I used the wrong word, so sorry , kill me. My mechanical skills are very good but instruction always help. OTTP has done these a million times. They know all the tricks to do it right. All I am asking is for a little help.

I called OTTP, they are not picking up. I used the search but I guess I did not put in the right words because I could not find what I wanted.

Thank you for answering me but it sounds a little condescending to me.
tough for you if it sounds condescending. What am I to think you cant right the correct terms in the Title? Sorry if OTTP are not picking up. Also I write this up a while back, the info., is good I dont recommend you drive around with loose bolts though....balance the mounts, Omega 5 on RLF has a good discussion on it also.

Originally Posted by YzRider452
All your going to get from Quickredline is bullshit. Hes a giant **** talker online, cause hes ***** in person.
ya Yz thats nothing but giant **** talking including torque specs. You still butt hurt on your bs dual pass for a 1.98? get over it...

Last edited by qwikredline; 03-13-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalttc05
The how to didn't help you?
yeah, read my how to boy.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:04 PM

Cobalttc05 I followed the how exactly but still had the vibration.

Snakes709 the how to did not say to drive around with the bolts loose so I did not do that.

I will try some of these tips. Thanks guys.

I am still waiting for Josh from OTTP to call me back.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Snakes709 the how to did not say to drive around with the bolts loose so I did not do that.
aaaaaactually......
Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 PM

I had no trouble putting in my stage 2 ottp mounts, they kinda fell right into place, I have heard some people having alot of trouble putting them in, one member told me it took him 3 hours to put them in, I was like lol
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM

torque on bolts

Originally Posted by qwikredline
Call OTTP . It has been posted here many times:
Place a jack under the engine trans unit. take the weight off the power train.Go up top and loosen off a little ( 3/4 turn) but do not remove the three bolts on the passenger side mount where it bolts to the engine mount bracket. Remove the rear mount completely. Install the new rear mount and leave the cross bolt for the mount hand tight. Torque the mount bracket to trans bolts. Leave the three bottom bolts hand tight.
Move to the front. Remove the front mount and replace with the new mount the spacers go each side of the mount encapsulated by the cradle ears.

hand tighten the cross bolt, torque the mount to trans bolts.(41 ft lbs)

Now torque the rear mount lower bolts (3 , 37 ft lbs or 44 ft lbs the book gives a choice use the lower number) and the cross bolt for the mount. (66 ft lbs)
Remove the jack and rock the motor back and forth. Torque the front mount cross bolt (41 ft lbs)

Go up top and torque the top passenger side mount bolts.(41 ft lbs) Use blue loctite on threads its seems folks either dont torque the bolts or they are falling out by themselves. loctite will slow this down.

The procedure is in the workshop manual. If you want to work on your car and not have a tech do the job get a workshop manual read it, that is better than any install instructions from the forum....
Finally depending on tire type, tire pressure , struts, cabs and road conditions especially in the rain or on a prepped drag strip with DR, you may still encounter wheel tramp (not violent hop) thats life.

You're welcome
funny, i read 74 lbs for front mount cross bolt, 66 lbs for 2 mount trans bolts (front) and for rear mount - 66 lbs for 3 trans bracket bolts 44 lbs for 3 subframe bolts and 74 lbs for rear moutn cross bolt?? wtf, can we get this str8 before i put it in>>>>>>
Old 11-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
^Truth.

how does it make your car sound better? lol

Quick Reply: just finished install on ottp reverse trans mount