2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Just got HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got HP tuners

Heya I installed a 2.7 billetflow pulley, 42lb injectors, autolight copper spark plugs gapped at .035, and Now I have my own copy of HP tuners VCM Suite. I ran the pulley and injectors for almost a month, throwing a rich code (I have carbon buildup and unburned fuel blowing out pipe enough to splatter on your hand each stroke) my car idled kind of rough (could feel it flooding) and stuttering while accelerating. I planned on getting HP tuners with but it was a group thing and a guy got intense pcm instead. So I had to ride it out and wait to have enough and wait for shipping of hp tuners. Let me tell you, hp tuners vcm is worth it's price in GOLD. I haven't burned the new setting on because it's to late, but I studied through all the stuff, and it's just mind blowing. The feeling of having your car in complete control is great. I'm not totally new to tuning a car, but I'm new to OBD2 (had a 95 civic OBD1 with uberdata)

I will definetly respond tomorrow night when I flash my pcm and tell you all how it goes!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on you buy. Im looking to get it my self. keep us posted.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM

I have no Idea how to tune a car, where could I start reading or learning about it.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:12 PM

yay for julex hahah i cant wait to see this thing in action haha
Old 07-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
yup... tomorrow is lean er out day for me.... I had my downpipe on for a week... dropped it to fix the gasket and the sucker was black and sooty as hell... can't wait took hook up my aem wide band and fix this bad boy..... oh yeah hitting the track tomorrow too... I"ll post the slips when I get home.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
I have no Idea how to tune a car, where could I start reading or learning about it.

The biggest amount of knowledge can be found right on HPTuners forum actually. Feel free to ask tons and tons of questions, they are all knowledgable...er...incredibly knowledgable guys. I'm going to be getting the HP suite in the future, but I'm definitely researching now.

Good luck!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:25 AM

i've been curious about this as well.... im very apt to any sort of programming or software.

this is directed towards anyone that has the software:
how difficult is the learning curve and is it recommended for beginners with no knowledge what-so-ever. it's not like i can mess up my car or anything
Old 07-14-2006, 05:43 AM

You CAN mess up your car really bad. But that's why when you tune, you do small, small changes will affect the car less. playing with spark advance graphs, if you make big changes to them and you didn't do it right, your engine would be rough,misfire, could even diesel, so you would want to change the spark plug timing every so small and just keep testing it out. takes 5 minutes to test it out, take for drive and log car.

Learning curve is fairly low. I took auto mechanics for a year but I never learned ever how to tune, and I learned the program in 1 night. not 100% mind you about 75% theres still alot I don't want to touch yet. Others may find it hard, but really if you spend a few hours going through help and actually going through all the options, you'll learn it quick.

Good luck to you.

BTW the car is running amazing now
Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 AM

im buying hp tuners in the near future i wonder how far the 42 pounds injectors will go thoe
Old 07-14-2006, 05:53 PM

I feel like a complete retard, i looked at their webpage, but what exactally is hp tuners and what does it do? (yup n00b alert)
Old 07-17-2006, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julex
You CAN mess up your car really bad. But that's why when you tune, you do small, small changes will affect the car less. playing with spark advance graphs, if you make big changes to them and you didn't do it right, your engine would be rough,misfire, could even diesel, so you would want to change the spark plug timing every so small and just keep testing it out. takes 5 minutes to test it out, take for drive and log car.

Learning curve is fairly low. I took auto mechanics for a year but I never learned ever how to tune, and I learned the program in 1 night. not 100% mind you about 75% theres still alot I don't want to touch yet. Others may find it hard, but really if you spend a few hours going through help and actually going through all the options, you'll learn it quick.

Good luck to you.

BTW the car is running amazing now
i was being entirely sarcastic

thx for the info. i might have to mess with it.

Originally Posted by Apex
I feel like a complete retard, i looked at their webpage, but what exactally is hp tuners and what does it do? (yup n00b alert)
hp tuners is software you use to program the ecu of your car. in simple terms
Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 AM

A mighty fine program might I add. Well I took it to track and only got 3 runs, but holy god does it pull. With a 2.5 60ft I ran a 14.0 lol (couldn't get wheel hop and spin to stop). I had 60' near 2.0 stock so once I get that down I should be pushing low 13's maybe? Yea I took the Power restrictor in first gear off so rather then only getting 50% power in first at 4k it's now at 100% so I have to relearn take offs. Overall I'm very happy customer. I did try boost bypass but through my car into limp mode on highway after track. so I unplugged it and reset codes (throwing MAP high voltage, also for some reason a Misfire, and 2 other DTC I can't remember.) Hopefully I can find where to set values for boost so it doesn't see 20 psi as dangerous. I also have my rev limiter from 2nd gear - 5th at 7125 rpms, even though I don't even rev it to 7k yet.

Also about the 42lbs, I don't have a wideband o2 sensor hooked up but I doubt I'm running lean with a 2.7 pulley and stock belt. We'll find out if 60lbs are any better as we're (Tittyrous) installing same deal but with 60lb injectors with same tune but with a upped injector flow chart. So we'll see how that turns out, if he keeps up with me then it definetly a good idea to go with those, since his clutch slips already.

I'll try and get dyno'd next weekend maybe even have them give a hour quick tune up, and run at the track. I'll update you guys soon
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM

lol i dont know anything about programming my ecu so ill leave that mod alone thanks for the edumacation!