2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Killer Chiller!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont think they are trying to rip anyone off because they have not even put a price on this yet. if you are going off what they are charging for the otherones they already have out then take it for what you want. we all know how some ebay products turn out. but hey if it works more power to you. me personally i will go with the killer chiller and see how it turns out

wow just check the ebay page and this guy must really know what he is talking about....he is also selling bag filters i am sold. and here is another one on his page that sells for $488 http://cgi.ebay.com/L-50-Plate-Coppe...742.m153.l1262

thats about what the killer chiller would be going for

Last edited by dvscobaltSS; 08-04-2008 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 AM

Hey guys. I was just looking over this thread and had a few things to point out. This seems like a pretty good idea don't get me wrong but did anybody think of what would happen if you had a refrigerant leak or even if the intercooler pump failed??? When you are low on refrigerant in a cooling system the evap pressure drops (which means the evap temp drops) which "could" cause freezing of the meduim. (whats dexcool's freezing point??I'm not sure.) If the intercooler pump takes a **** , the fluid is just going to sit in the Heat exchanger and defiently freeze. What happens when you freeze water????? It expands and blows out that pretty stainless steel plate and frame you just spent a few hundred $ on. Just my thoughts...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM

competition is good for everyone

well my car has been in -30 degree weather and the dexcool hasnt frozen so i dont think my ac unit makes my car that cold in the summer

Last edited by freakta; 08-04-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

good find on the ebay chiller. I wouldnt want to get this product unless it was aluminum though.

And dexcool takes ALOT to freeze.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 AM

I would like to know how the factory A/C system works after you add this cooler? Having the orifice tube that far from the Evap. has to screw up the whole works. Why not use double feeds/returns?

The Ebay cooler would be pretty easy to incorporate in the A/C system. Any big truck shop has expansion valves for 15$ and they work a lot better than a orifice tube. They could also make A/C lines to your specs so you could have a nice looking install. The only real problem I see guys having is the added volume in the A/C system requires more freon. It would need to go to a A/C guy that remembers how to adjust freon levels by reading high/low pressures and comparing the readings to ambient air temp.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, I'm speechless. While I admit, the product that kincaid is making for our car, is more expensive, and it is actually designed for a car, and it comes in a kit, if you really wanted though, you could buy that ebay one, and rig it up to work on your car. I'm not sure if it will perform as good, but it may just work. Lots of fabrication though.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
you guys want a killer chiller for less here you go (they are ripping you off)

http://cgi.ebay.com/S-10-Plate-Braze...QQcmdZViewItem

Dimensions L: 7.5" W: 2.9" H: 1.2"
Ports 1/2" or 3/4" Male NPT
Heat Transfer Area/Plate .014 m^2/plate (.14 ft^2/plate)
Thickness of plates .3 mm
Channel Capacities .022L/channel
Design pressure 3.0 Mpa to 4.5 Mpa (435 psi to 650 psi)
Test Pressure 4.5 Mpa to 6.0 Mpa (650 psi to 870 psi)
Design Temperature -195C ~+220C (-319 F - 430 F)
Max Heat Transfer 1-5KW
Flow direction F1-F3 and F2-F4 (see diag above)
Welding Material 99.9% Copper
Corrosion Resistance Will NOT rust under normal usage (regular pH levels)
Manufacture Material 316L Stainless Steel (9% better heat transfer than 304)
Applications Heat pump system, household type central air conditioning,
after heat recycling, refrigeration equipment, industry cold
water machine,cooleroil and so on

insulate it with some black foam and purchase the necessary clamps and connectors and you have the same exact thing. then purchase a gauge for coolant temp if you want.

looks pretty similar right?

Ripping you off? Lol. Ok, first this is similar to what we make, but this exchanger is a 10 plate at 7.5 inches long X 3 inches wide. I can tell you that that is no where near enough surface area to get the job done, and would be way to restrictive. Our exchanger for your setup is a 24 plate, 12.5 inches long at 3.5 inches wide, with hardly any pressure drop to speak of. Now if you think you can buy the right size exchanger, weld in the correct fittings, insulate the core, and buy all of the necessary A/C fittings and hoses for around 4 bills than by all means have at it!

We spent over a year in R&D for maximum heat transfer, least pressure drop, size, weight, and correct pressure rating for max performance. THAT’S OVER A YEAR IN DEVELOPING AND TESTING FOR THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS. We also spent a lot of $$$ on materials, dies, and more dies, to get this affordable.

Also, there are modified lines that have to be welded, and all the labor involved to put this all together. Then there's the pressure testing and hold for 1 hour before each unit goes out the door, then there's overhead like rent, phone, utilities, employees wages, advertising, and so on.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JKincaid
Ripping you off? Lol. Ok, first this is similar to what we make, but this exchanger is a 10 plate at 7.5 inches long X 3 inches wide. I can tell you that that is no where near enough surface area to get the job done, and would be way to restrictive. Our exchanger for your setup is a 24 plate, 12.5 inches long at 3.5 inches wide, with hardly any pressure drop to speak of. Now if you think you can buy the right size exchanger, weld in the correct fittings, insulate the core, and buy all of the necessary A/C fittings and hoses for around 4 bills than by all means have at it!

We spent over a year in R&D for maximum heat transfer, least pressure drop, size, weight, and correct pressure rating for max performance. THAT’S OVER A YEAR IN DEVELOPING AND TESTING FOR THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS. We also spent a lot of $$$ on materials, dies, and more dies, to get this affordable.

Also, there are modified lines that have to be welded, and all the labor involved to put this all together. Then there's the pressure testing and hold for 1 hour before each unit goes out the door, then there's overhead like rent, phone, utilities, employees wages, advertising, and so on.

Thanks,

Joe
is it stainless steel + copper as well? or all aluminum?
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dvscobaltSS
i dont think they are trying to rip anyone off because they have not even put a price on this yet. if you are going off what they are charging for the otherones they already have out then take it for what you want. we all know how some ebay products turn out. but hey if it works more power to you. me personally i will go with the killer chiller and see how it turns out

wow just check the ebay page and this guy must really know what he is talking about....he is also selling bag filters i am sold. and here is another one on his page that sells for $488 http://cgi.ebay.com/L-50-Plate-Coppe...742.m153.l1262

thats about what the killer chiller would be going for
that's a 50 plate unit. You would never need a unit that big for the kind of heat and exchange you would need for our car. and yes of course im basing the price on every other kit they produce. Every kit is $595 or up lol.

Originally Posted by rrutter81
good find on the ebay chiller. I wouldnt want to get this product unless it was aluminum though.

And dexcool takes ALOT to freeze.
um lol why would u choose aluminum over stainless steel ?

Originally Posted by ralliartist
well, I'm speechless. While I admit, the product that kincaid is making for our car, is more expensive, and it is actually designed for a car, and it comes in a kit, if you really wanted though, you could buy that ebay one, and rig it up to work on your car. I'm not sure if it will perform as good, but it may just work. Lots of fabrication though.

lol it's not lots of fabrication. you would need 3/4 " elbows, a few other misc. items. then you just need to mount it somewhere. would take an hour or two .

-okay guys i just got off the phone with the guys at killer chiller. they use a 24 plate unit that's almost 12 inches long i believe and 3 or so inches wide. the person i spoke to said that 10 plate unit would cause a pressure drop in the system which i'm not sure what he accounts for? the 10 plate unit is smaller which the volume would affect but in the opposite way.

-after talks with the rep i believe that you could get away with the ebay companies 30 plate system for $105. it's not as long as the kc at only 7.5 inches but i bet you that the 4.5 inches missing wouldn't cause that big of a difference in exchanging the heat. it's also 2.9" inches wide. with all that said, if you have the time to purchase all the necessary fittings including the elbows and clamps etc. you could save yourself a sizable amount of money. the person i spoke to sounds very knowledgeable and knows what he's doing so if you have the money to drop then do it for sure. if you are a "do-it-urselfer" or would not be able to afford their product....take a whack at it and let us know ur results.

good luck to all.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM

Yes it is made out of stainless steel and copper.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

hey man i wish the best for your co. Just wanted to inform the other guys of another option they have. I'm just wondering what connections you are talking about when speaking of welding? are you talking about the elbows that are connect to the heat exchanger itself? because the other unit uses 3/4" npt threads. also the larger 30 plate unit flows 2000gph so im guessing the smaller unit has to flow around 1000gph. do you really think that's not enough? If you flowing to fast also one would think that the heat transfer might be lowered right?
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Thanks,

Joe

I am not trying to break your ***** about the price..... I just want to know how the vehicle A/C performs after this mod. I fabricate a lot of things at my job and I know the time/cost of doing it. Fittings at 15-20$ each, A/C lines 30-75$ each, etc. etc. What happens if you get the fitting clocked a hair off when the line is made? You eat a 75$ hose. I do not think 600+ is unfair for a complete kit.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by matego
I am not trying to break your ***** about the price..... I just want to know how the vehicle A/C performs after this mod. I fabricate a lot of things at my job and I know the time/cost of doing it. Fittings at 15-20$ each, A/C lines 30-75$ each, etc. etc. What happens if you get the fitting clocked a hair off when the line is made? You eat a 75$ hose. I do not think 600+ is unfair for a complete kit.

I've already stated that if we do bring this kit to market the cost of this kit will be around $400. we will not be making much money on each kit. If we are to make it worth our time we will need to sell a lot of kits, and I still don't know if that’s even possible, but we will see. The kits that you see on my website cost more because there's more to the kit than meets the eye. These kits are pretty labor intensive, and the parts are not cheap.

No, I didn't think you were busting my nuts lol. I get people from time to time who think they can do it cheaper, and if they have access to the right equipment, knowledge, and have the skills I'm sure they can, but not everyone has the time, equipment, knowledge and skills to put one of these kits together, and I'm talking about a quality kit, not a half ass thrown together setup that barely works.

Sincerely,

Joe
Old 08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned

I've already stated that if we do bring this kit to market the cost of this kit will be around $400. we will not be making much money on each kit. If we are to make it worth our time we will need to sell a lot of kits, and I still don't know if that’s even possible, but we will see. The kits that you see on my website cost more because there's more to the kit than meets the eye. These kits are pretty labor intensive, and the parts are not cheap.

No, I didn't think you were busting my nuts lol. I get people from time to time who think they can do it cheaper, and if they have access to the right equipment, knowledge, and have the skills I'm sure they can, but not everyone has the time, equipment, knowledge and skills to put one of these kits together, and I'm talking about a quality kit, not a half ass thrown together setup that barely works.

Sincerely,

Joe
$400 isn't that bad afterall. i was thinking it was going to be around the $600 mark like the other kits. if you get proven dyno results with proven cooling for IAT2 temps and showing a few extra ponies im sure you will have plenty of orders.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:43 PM

all I can say is, I'm deployed and I busted my ass to get kincaid to offer and market a kit for us. If you guys **** it up and **** him off and then he doesn't offer a kit, I'm gonna be really pissed off. In fact, I'll quit this damn forum if he doesn't offer a product now.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
all I can say is, I'm deployed and I busted my ass to get kincaid to offer and market a kit for us. If you guys **** it up and **** him off and then he doesn't offer a kit, I'm gonna be really pissed off. In fact, I'll quit this damn forum if he doesn't offer a product now.
whoa, whoa, slow down. Someone will jump on this.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 PM

there's no whoa whoa. You **** him off and he pulls the marketing, I leave too.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

To those who say they can do this SOOoo much cheaper - Great, put your money where your mouth is and I exepct to see you as a supporting vendor on here real soon, with stupidly cheap, yet insanely high quality and rigerously tested products......

....Yeah...that's what I thought....guess I shouldn't hold my breath, huh?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

Don't worry my friend, I wouldn't leave you hanging. I'm ex military myself so I know what it's like for you guys out there. I understand people questioning this product as they should. I know I would too.

Take care and be safe,

Joe
Old 08-04-2008, 06:20 PM

its all good rally, this is just free enterprise at work.
you have got to expect in business that there will be competition,
there will always be people looking for a cheaper way to do things.

Kincaid knows that he is offereing a product that costs more,
but he also knows that the extra cost accounts for warranty support, quality assurance, no hassle, no ******* up your project, no hunting around for parts, no worrying if you did it right.

thats why he will still sell product, regardless of the "cheap" kits around.
Its all good man. this will still happen, im sure of it.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Maybe i missed it ( and i don't feel like looking back pagaes and pages) whats the final price on this kit??? Did he even give a price yet??
Old 08-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by XbandiniX
Maybe i missed it ( and i don't feel like looking back pagaes and pages) whats the final price on this kit??? Did he even give a price yet??
the kit isn't out yet. they are testing.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

hahah i really hope ur kidding...
Old 08-05-2008, 08:52 AM

no, I'm not kidding.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
****... Where to start???

hey man i wish the best for your co. Just wanted to inform the other guys of another option they have. I'm just wondering what connections you are talking about when speaking of welding? are you talking about the elbows that are connect to the heat exchanger itself? because the other unit uses 3/4" npt threads. also the larger 30 plate unit flows 2000gph so im guessing the smaller unit has to flow around 1000gph. do you really think that's not enough? If you flowing to fast also one would think that the heat transfer might be lowered right?
^True ball buster.....if you find another kit that you think is cheaper/better performance wise.....good for you I helped Ralli get this ball rolling , and I have faith in Kincaid and his kits/prices. If you can't afford it, don't cry to everyone about the price. It's not about the price....it's about performance/quality of the product.

Sincerely,

Joe
^$400 is reasonable.....if people can't afford it, they have time to save....since the kit is still in R&D....the more time, the better product produced!!!

Ralli- I'm right there with you on this. We both had to get this "ball rollin" while deployed, working 12hr shifts/6 days a week. I'll be really pissed too if someone fucked up this kit from being developed. Oh, by the way, I'll be stopping through Manas on the way home, around the first week of Sept.. so I might see you
hahah i really hope ur kidding...
^I don't think he is, he is really devoted to this product getting put on market.

Last....thanks Joel for your time and dedication to producing a product for the cobalt

Quick Reply: Killer Chiller!!!