2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Killer Chiller!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im confident in the units abilty. I will have before and after logs and dyno's install pics and what not.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Bannned

cool! cant wait.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ralliartist
same here, can't wait to get off!!!!!!!!!!! my day off is tonight! yay!

thanks for explanation! Base kit sounds like a good option for lots of people on here, and the advanced kit sounds like what I want. lol
So you got Monday's off??? I do!!!! I want to advanced kit also
Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM

Subscribed.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
well, we will be more interested im sure when we see the tested product with IAT2 temps and before /after dynos.

You can see before and after dyno results on my website. This was not done by me, but by one of my customers.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM

this is great. looks like my next mod. ha ha ha it should be cool to be on the group buy when it comes out
Old 07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned

i think this mod is setting people up for huge disappointments...

then again, im hoping to be proven wrong for once.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Bannned

Originally Posted by JKincaid
You can see before and after dyno results on my website. This was not done by me, but by one of my customers.
not on a cobalt... im sure your familiar with a heaton right?? especially on a smaller pulley
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the potential is there for this to be awesome.

what it translates to "real world" for our IAT2s* (not coolant temps), is going to be what decides if this mod is worth the $500
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Bannned

Originally Posted by an0malous
the potential is there for this to be awesome.

what it translates to "real world" for our IAT2s* (not coolant temps), is going to be what decides if this mod is worth the $500
exactly and looking at this guy's website saying to check out the dynos... yea, it doesnt mean **** to me cause its not our car.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM

well to be fair, its definate proof of concept....
Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
exactly and looking at this guy's website saying to check out the dynos... yea, it doesnt mean **** to me cause its not our car.
I wont say much more but ^^^^^ has the right idea

we'll see. I just want to be wrong.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81
i think this mod is setting people up for huge disappointments...

then again, im hoping to be proven wrong for once.

Many in the lightning, cobra, Shelby and aftermarket community thought this way too in the beginning, and were pleasantly surprised. It really isn't rocket science. If you chill the intercooler fluid down, your ait-2s will follow. You will definitely see the power back that you normally loose thru heat soak. In fact, I have a guy that loves this kit so much that he is putting one on his $186,000 Ford-GT, and is going to start selling them to the Ford-GT community.

We still need to do the testing to confirm its value, but if I thought for a second that it wouldn't be hugely beneficial to you guys, then I wouldn't waist my time, as I'm doing pretty good with the market I have now.

Sincerely,

Joe
Old 07-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JKincaid
Many in the lightning, cobra, Shelby and aftermarket community thought this way too in the beginning, and were pleasantly surprised. It really isn't rocket science. If you chill the intercooler fluid down, your ait-2s will follow. You will definitely see the power back that you normally loose thru heat soak. In fact, I have a guy that loves this kit so much that he is putting one on his $186,000 Ford-GT, and is going to start selling them to the Ford-GT community.

We still need to do the testing to confirm its value, but if I thought for a second that it wouldn't be hugely beneficial to you guys, then I wouldn't waist my time, as I'm doing pretty good with the market I have now.

Sincerely,

Joe
v8 vs 4 banger

here is my thinking.

v8 has enough effortless HP to run the killer chiller. The 4 banger is going to be struggling, hence why u turn it off until the next run...however,

Running it and then turning it off is pointless to me. If it isnt a renewable cooler i wont use it. It will heat up faster than a ***** underpants in a house of **** stars.

The intake manifold has way more potential. Good luck everyone. This is a mod that is NOT a good idea and you will see why when you install it, and boust "GREAT" gains.

Im hoping to be proven wrong on this... i mean really wrong. Because i would buy it if i am.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM

you do realise that A/C compressors turn off when you floor them right?
in all cars....

even if you left your A/C on, its not going to stay on when your WOT.....
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

you do realise that A/C compressors turn off when you floor them right?
in all cars....

even if you left your A/C on, its not going to stay on when your WOT.....
you almost understand.....

almost
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM

lmao. nevermind dude, your completely lost on this one.

here, ill spell it out for you so you understand.

say a normal run without the chiller, your IAT2s are around 90*, and rise to 135* at the traps.

say with the chiller, it has the ability to bring your starting IAT2 down to 70* and then rise to 115* (same overall temp gain)

theres 2 things that you dont seem to understand.

1. even though you still gained the same amount of heat, the range of temp is still dropped, so gains will be evident.

2. and most importantly, even if you COULD run the system, what possible difference do you think it would make over a 13 second period of time? maybe 1-2 degrees at the VERY most....

now what do you think is going to make the difference here?
20 degree temp drops over the entire range?
or 2* less drop during the run?

the ability to run a killer chiller DURING a 1/4 mile run is moot, and useless.
and like i said, none of the v8 guys are doing it either.
even if you leave the A/C on, as soon as you go WOT, your computer disengages it.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

lmao. nevermind dude, your completely lost on this one.
k lets shut it off for a second

u do realize your IAT2s heat up approximately from 4000-6000 (within 3 seconds) rpm 15 degrees and it is a bell curve beyond 100 degrees outside without supporting mods.

eg: if it is colder it will heat up even more im guestimating 30+

now under WOT that your air is off (just incase you forgot to turn it off)

it will still increase faster than it should under safe normal running circumstances.

This mod is more for the people that run it back to back at the track for a living. Then again, what do i know?

You will NEVER get a better time than your FIRST run with this mod.

---edit---

because u edited i dont need to edit anything

u really just explained everything as i would, except your not seeing the big picture....but perhaps this is a miracle child you can all rave about.... like ported and polished superchargers
Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 PM

so ummm i dont understand how you can see it not being beneficial...
to start your runs with 20* cooler IAT2s
Old 07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
k lets shut it off for a second

u do realize your IAT2s heat up approximately from 4000-6000 (within 3 seconds) rpm 15 degrees and it is a bell curve beyond 100 degrees outside without supporting mods.

eg: if it is colder it will heat up even more im guestimating 30+

now under WOT that your air is off (just incase you forgot to turn it off)

it will still increase faster than it should under safe normal running circumstances.

This mod is more for the people that run it back to back at the track for a living. Then again, what do i know?

You will NEVER get a better time than your FIRST run with this mod.

---edit---

because u edited i dont need to edit anything

u really just explained everything as i would, except your not seeing the big picture....but perhaps this is a miracle child you can all rave about.... like ported and polished superchargers
I think you will be very suprised at how this kit will perform.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

so ummm i dont understand how you can see it not being beneficial...
to start your runs with 20* cooler IAT2s
take your hptuners/interceptor and see how fast it takes to increase 20+ IAT2s

and if you are below ambient temps....your really owned.

Originally Posted by fast98
I think you will be very suprised at how this kit will perform.
i AM hoping so because ALOT of respectable people are raving about this product.... i swear i hope so.

i am in NO ways going to downplay this product if everyone except me can see it. I want to see what this does....until then, the intake is what im going for.

Last edited by rrutter81; 07-13-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 PM

take your hptuners/interceptor and see how fast it takes to increase 20+ IAT2s

and if you are below ambient temps....your really owned.

i AM hoping so because ALOT of respectable people are raving about this product.... i swear i hope so.

i am in NO ways going to downplay this product if everyone except me can see it. I want to see what this does....until then, the intake is what im going for.

dude, sit back and have a think about what your saying....

100* iat2 vs 80* iat2....
and your sitting there talking about how fast they go up?

im sorry, but if you cant see how irrelevant that is, then explaining it to you, isnt going to help.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

dude, sit back and have a think about what your saying....

100* iat2 vs 80* iat2....
and your sitting there talking about how fast they go up?

im sorry, but if you cant see how irrelevant that is, then explaining it to you, isnt going to help.
the irrelevance .... your killer chiller is exactly that! (how im looking at it)

all my posts have been strictly ait2s...short of 100 degree ambients(outside), regardless of your ait1s

if you think ambient temps are not worth explaining, im sure there are 99.999% (short of the naive) that think ur ambient temps dont have anything to do with AIT2s....your drawing in air

where do you think it is coming from? what temp do you think it is? how do you cool it?

many ways....but the killer chiller is only a temp solution, as which will be revealed later as in all my posts that i cry B.S.

It has only been since recently that prior things ive said that have shown up as fact 100% of the time that ive spoken out now. Like it or not, your getting resistance from me.

Take an ice cube.... put it in 40 degree weather and it will thaw slower than putting it in 100 degree weather (hence the bellcurve)

if you cant put the numbers together from an engineering standard....then by all means.....grab your "holy grail" of hp
Old 07-13-2008, 11:32 PM

the irrelevance .... your killer chiller is exactly that! (how im looking at it)

all my posts have been strictly ait2s...short of 100 degree ambients(outside), regardless of your ait1s

if you think ambient temps are not worth explaining, im sure there are 99.999% (short of the naive) that think ur ambient temps dont have anything to do with AIT2s....your drawing in air

where do you think it is coming from? what temp do you think it is? how do you cool it?

many ways....but the killer chiller is only a temp solution, as which will be revealed later as in all my posts that i cry B.S.

It has only been since recently that prior things ive said that have shown up as fact 100% of the time that ive spoken out now. Like it or not, your getting resistance from me.

Take an ice cube.... put it in 40 degree weather and it will thaw slower than putting it in 100 degree weather (hence the bellcurve)

if you cant put the numbers together from an engineering standard....then by all means.....grab your "holy grail" of hp

we can sit here and discuss engineering degrees, and temperature differential equations all day....

but you cannot deny 2 simple facts.
1. Colder coolant WILL cause colder IAT2 temperatures. (to what degree is still yet to be shown)
2. A killer chiller, has been proven to lower coolant temperatures significantly.

If your referencing the principle of thermodynamics whereby a cold liquid will raise in temp faster than a warm liquid, when subjected to the same temps....
then you better dig a little deeper on the physics.
because its not nearly enough to offset temperatures upwards of 50*F in liquids, over a 10-15 second time period.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 PM

Lets all take a deep breath and relax. We will definitely get a lot of testing done on this kit, as I will not sale a product that doesn’t have the data to back up its "claims", and if it doesn't work out well, then no one is out anything except me and the guy that installed the kit.

Again, I will not sale a product that does not work. I have a good reputation for selling a great product THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, and I don't need to screw that up. I'm just trying to help your community out with a proven product that works very well on forced fed vehicles, and at the same time make an honest buck.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by JKincaid; 07-13-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Killer Chiller!!!