2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

LSJ performance guru's your input is needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Adjustable struts, had them on my Cavilier when it was lowered on Tien springs. They ride awesome!
never heard of them. but i would suggest either ttr rear sway or ottp rear sway. then go with the other things i listed and it would be a fun dd
Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never mind, called him he said all he could find were Koni's so he went with Monro Sensi-tracs or something like that.

I'm trying to help him build his car but he's IMPATIENT to say the least!!!!!! If he has to wait even 2 days he gets all upset and says its an "omen" that "someone" doesn't want him to build the car. I keep telling him to be patient but I'm statring to lose mine!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:56 AM

i have never heard of any ppl on here buyin those lol. he really is impatient. konis or ss/tc's would have been better.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Anything else?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:37 PM

Simple, why not tell him to join the site lol
Old 06-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by damien
Simple, why not tell him to join the site lol?
I have, he did, he doesn't have time to post or do the research for this. He's actualy paying me to research and build it for him. He ownes his own company and is very busy.
That and he doesn't have the patients for ANY of this.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:25 PM

how easy are the OTTP stage 1 mounts to install? Is that something I'd have to take into the dealership to do? My wheelhop is absolutely terrible in 1st. mods: k&n intake, stage 2, GMPP sport catback exhaust.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
get H&RS! :-)

and screw trifecta tuning, if the guys impatient tell him take it to the local tuner and get it done right the first time
Old 06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ohshitz
how easy are the OTTP stage 1 mounts to install? Is that something I'd have to take into the dealership to do? My wheelhop is absolutely terrible in 1st. mods: k&n intake, stage 2, GMPP sport catback exhaust.
From the looks of them and read other people's threads that have done them .....i would say a 3-4 on a scale to 10. From what they have said it's not really hard at all to do the front, the back takes some more time .
Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Bump for evening crew
Old 06-20-2009, 09:17 PM

Injen CAI, Hahn Header, Hahn or Zzp Dp, Spark plugs for misfires, and a tune from either ottp or trifecta tune.
that will be fine for performance now suspension go with ottp or ttr rear sway and different pads/rotors.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Angel
This is a terrible idea. Spend the money on the STAGE 2 ROTATED TRANNY MOUNTS FROM OTTP!! Dont half ass it. These will eliminate wheel hop 100% I know because I run these on a balt with 400whp no hop at all. As far as what this guy is saying is a cheap alternative that doesnt eliminate the wheel hop and the really bad effect to the uerathane inserts andthe TTR engine mounts is the cabin vibrations are ridiculous so if this car is a daily driver you are going to most likely hate it(unless you enjoy that sort of thing!). If you are going to do it then I suggest to do it right ONCE. Also, I am not sure about the statement with the fitment of the Injen intake because I previous had that intake pre-turbo and it fit great w/o and mods. Also, the picture posted above is only 1 of the 2 mounts you get with the stage 2 kit.
i have no wheel hop. Vibrations are nothing worse than a mild massage chair. It goes away after 1000 miles. I spent 50 bucks. You spent upwards of 100. STFU

It's all personal preference imo. I'm not bashing the stupid mounts. I plan to get them eventually. But on a budget build the prothane mounts work ******* fantastigorically. You're right about one thing, you don't know **** about fitment issues with the intake because there much documented info on the forum about it (*hint* use the search tool). Don't know how to use it? Here, let me help:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...=injen+fitment

I could do this all day. But you what? Nothing beats personal experience. Shall i post pics of my intake? Just because you have a difference of opinion doesn't make another opinion wrong.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

lol where's this friend live..im not that far away from balti and can flash stage 2 for 100, install pulley and injectors if he's got a pulley puller. unless hes worried bout warranty.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco
i have no wheel hop. Vibrations are nothing worse than a mild massage chair. It goes away after 1000 miles. I spent 50 bucks. You spent upwards of 100. STFU

Ive rode in a car with these mounts and it felt like I was riding in a ******* tank and you feel the need to say "shut the **** up"??? Grow up chump.

It's all personal preference imo. I'm not bashing the stupid mounts. I plan to get them eventually. But on a budget build the prothane mounts work ******* fantastigorically. You're right about one thing, you don't know **** about fitment issues with the intake because there much documented info on the forum about it (*hint* use the search tool). Don't know how to use it? Here, let me help:

Did you read my ******* post you illiterate ****. I previously had the K+N cai system followed by the Injen system and I clearly stated that it was one or the other whereas I had to slightly bend the brake lines. I am not searching the ******* forum to find something I already know because I do all my own work. As far as someone on a budget is concerend then go with the damn mounts but why spend the money on a brand name cai system. ebays sells cai's for $50 no name.. see where I am going here. Grow up and learn how to read.

I could do this all day. But you what? Nothing beats personal experience. Shall i post pics of my intake? Just because you have a difference of opinion doesn't make another opinion wrong.
My K+N intake system did hit the ******* brake lines and I DID THE INSTALL so I dont give a **** what you think.lmfao
Old 06-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
buy the ss/tc struts. there simply isnt a better valved shock available for these cars. the damping is nearly perfect.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by ls1fbody
buy the ss/tc struts. there simply isnt a better valved shock available for these cars. the damping is nearly perfect.
im curious how these compare to konis, the thing i like about the konis is their adjustability
Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
sounds like you've heard that before.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
lol where's this friend live..im not that far away from balti and can flash stage 2 for 100, install pulley and injectors if he's got a pulley puller. unless hes worried bout warranty.
Not worried about warrenty as the car has none anymore.

PM sent.

Originally Posted by mexi_loco

WHOE, WHOE, WHOE. I asked cause of the reason you just pointed out. A million threads exist and I don't feel like reading thru all of them just to find out what intake works the best and looks good, or about the mounts. I figured I'd ask a question to those people here who have already done it and get fresh input as to what works the best. Don't know why you're hating man, ease up a little. Geez!

Last edited by Jackalope; 06-21-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-21-2009, 12:38 PM

OTTP stage 1 kit
OTTP stage one rotated mount
OTTP dual pass + option B with OTTP Heat exchanger
full exhaust 2.5" catback dont need 3"
whatever intake you want none of them have any great gains only sound
set of good tires
/thread
Old 06-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stiner
OTTP stage 1 kit
OTTP stage one rotated mount
OTTP dual pass + option B with OTTP Heat exchanger
full exhaust 2.5" catback dont need 3"
whatever intake you want none of them have any great gains only sound
set of good tires
/thread
Thanks man. Going with the OTTP mounts, GMPP stage 2 kit, Injen intake, already have the 2.5 catback. Tires re crappy so we want to roast em off!