2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

LSJ+Vulcan I/M=FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I always strive to put out an excellent product with as few issues as possible. Our business has been growing so quickly over the past year i simply had to hire on help, unfortunately employees dont always care as much about the business and its image through products as myself, the owner, does. Even complaints such as head flanges not being a proper fitment i have been pushing to resolve, i began using a new supplier for exhaust manifold flanges, and revised the print for the ecotec head flange, making the outter ports oblong so assist fitment, i was finding that just recently the flanges were not fitting correctly even tho i have been using the same supplier from day one! The new supplier has a slightly higher pricing but this is something im willing to eat instead of just raising prices. Like i said i always wish to produce the highest quality products available on the market and keep prices low. Im not here to get rich... i love tuning my car without going broke too!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vulcanturbo
Id like to comment on this whole situation, unfortunately i was not personally in the shop for this manifold to be made, however i will comment that the employee who was in charge of manifold clean up, prep and coating, was fired! For this exact reason what you see above, Throttle body flanges were not being made properly, parts ended up looking like crap (as seen) even after coating, and areas needing de-burring, were not! Our new employee is faaaaaar better at his job!

I do apologize that something that came out like this made it out the door, and when i was first alerted of this i offered right away to have it sent back and repaired / cleaned up. I would have even refunded any shipping costs!!!

Unfortunately since parts like this are custom we do not offer refunds on them which should be completely understandable.

Now... as for the intake flange, you mention there is a hole in the middle that does nothing for your engine.. correct! It is not for your engine, however other models of the ecotec have there PCV located in that spot. Yours is off the right. For these setups we suggest that the head is tapped and a fitting is used directly in the head.

I hope everyone understands, now that were getting to the point of having more than just myself making parts, i dont get to see everything, and sometimes people just lack the self modivation to produce parts that are quality in all aspects,, which i find sad that someone can lack such pride in there work. This is not a representation of our business in any way.
Props to you for clearing things up
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM

least this is a better response then "others" i will not say on here
Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 PM

i had the same problem when i ordered my vulcan intake manifold through ottp. first i ordered it on march 1st with 3 day shipping and didnt get it until the 19th. then it came and mine wasnt even powder coated, the throttle body flange was drilled wrong and tb bolt holes were uneven. i had to pay 200 for my guy to make a whole new flange and weld it on because i could only afford 4 days of downtime and the product was already 2 weeks and 2 days late. and i had the same problem with having to drill out the holes on the flange that mounts to the head. ottp said i would get a somewhat refund but i never get any calls and now noone answers when i call and ive been completely polite.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rocketrex
least this is a better response then "others" i will not say on here
*cough*

ZZP
Old 04-25-2009, 02:58 PM

That is some shitty work!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:46 PM

That sucks man.I woulda sent that **** back as soon as i got it.How come its always the same excuse that its someone elses fault?Its not like its a huge company and he has no time to look at his products or anything.Some people dont care about there reputation i guess.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Area47
call up jbp. im sure he has one layin around

jokes. i haz dem
Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Area47
call up jbp. im sure he has one layin around
jokes. i haz dem
LMAO! Didn't see this post before. Area is sneaky
Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 PM

wow...that sucks man...thanks I was thinking of ordering some stuff from them
Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

Well i already have my stuff ordered from them. I have yet to receive them. I ordered both exhaust manifold and intake manifold.

It has been a month almost exactly. order date was 3-31-09. I have yet to get anything which sucks and I will be REALLY heated if i wait this long and some POS products.

Guess i'll have to wait and see, and let you all know. With pics of course!

Oh and trust me, if something is wrong it WILL go back faster then they can blink.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I ain't gonna lie, that intake mani does look like ass.

but on another note, I've installed a few of their log manifolds on peoples cars with no real issues, and Their long tube on my car (slight adjustments needed to be made, but hell I was the first to have it on a running car). but the difference it made over my old log mani was definitely noticeable, and will have even more of an effect with the built motor going in.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I ain't gonna lie, that intake mani does look like ass.

but on another note, I've installed a few of their log manifolds on peoples cars with no real issues, and Their long tube on my car (slight adjustments needed to be made, but hell I was the first to have it on a running car). but the difference it made over my old log mani was definitely noticeable, and will have even more of an effect with the built motor going in.
by looking at logs what did it really do honestly for your spool time? i wanna get this but im looking for a good reason besides its pretty, of why to spend 800.00
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM

It drops the turbo pretty low too so im guess the piping would have to be modified?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
It drops the turbo pretty low too so im guess the piping would have to be modified?
that is the least of my worries. http://siliconeintakes.com has me covered.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
by looking at logs what did it really do honestly for your spool time? i wanna get this but im looking for a good reason besides its pretty, of why to spend 800.00
it's not really for spool time, more for top end power. But my old mani was so shitty, it did help shorten spool time by about 300 rpm or. Transient response is a lot quicker no (turbo comes back into boost faster on non WOT shifts). For a built motor and full race setup (like what's going in my car starting wednesday) It's a must
Old 04-27-2009, 02:27 PM

exhaust is cool to, one of the major benifit of running band clamp is it will do what you want, not were the bolt holes line up

it's not really for spool time, more for top end power. But my old mani was so shitty, it did help shorten spool time by about 300 rpm or. Transient response is a lot quicker no (turbo comes back into boost faster on non WOT shifts). For a built motor and full race setup (like what's going in my car starting wednesday) It's a must

well, so it was more of a bottle neck towards the higher rpm and higher lbs per min of air your moving?

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 04-27-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2009, 02:41 PM

tubular vs log style manifold, experiment done by full race motorsports:

http://www.full-race.com/articles/Bs...st_writeup.pdf
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM

you cant compare...your dealing with 2 different engines.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Enuff_Said
you cant compare...your dealing with 2 different engines.
concept of air moving never changes though...
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
concept of air moving never changes though...
even at different displacements and cam profile
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp

well, so it was more of a bottle neck towards the higher rpm and higher lbs per min of air your moving?
yup.... I could post logs, but won't have my laptop til I go back upstate.... and I'll probably forget lol.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM

yeah but he just changed the two things moving them! lol
Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 PM

I've got the intake manifold and turbo exhaust log manifold, and they are both great quality pieces. Nothing like what that one looks like. I've had only good from them, great help via email. The pieces took a while to get, but they are doing a lot of business and everything is custom made so I understand there's a waiting list.

I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM

yup.... I could post logs, but won't have my laptop til I go back upstate.... and I'll probably forget lol.
ow i trust you i just thought in your case it was the stock head, cams, valves, and springs choking the top end... but i assume you have seen other cars with ported heads cams and valvtrain still have a choking off effect in the top end due to the turbo manifold?

when i was talking to m2racing they said that at as high of boost levels as you and i are pushing that it actually is blowing the valves open under high boost and delaying there function, and that the 78's will take car of that.

for tunning and dd i was actually planning on going with a cnc port and stock cams and valves with just springs and retainers.

what do you think about this? as my goal will never be anything over 450 at max. 400 is where i wouldlike to stay for the fact of cost issues when it comes to supporting mods as far as drivetrain... im at 370 now...

Quick Reply: LSJ+Vulcan I/M=FAIL