2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

LSJ+Vulcan I/M=FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope people realize that everyone has to start somewhere. Hes making VERY good of the mistakes...
Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tinkles
Before i start i'll just say that the T/B flange, non-deburred holes, and the powdercoat are valid concerns and were dealt with.

Now onto the good stuff. Are you really expecting an intake manifold that was DESIGNED for the L61 to fit the LSJ perfectly? Are your really crying about the LSJ upper rad hose being in the way? You do realise that it was DESIGNED for the L61 upper rad hose. Hell i have a J-body L61 upper rad hose that you can have FOR FREE. Just pay shipping, wait you cant afford shipping i forgot.

I'll hate to see you complain about putting a M62 on a L61. The stock rad hose is in the way, i have to modify a LSJ gasket to work, i have to grind the head to get the tensioner to fit, etc..

But by far my favorite is the crying over the $20 to ship the manifold back to Vulcan who will fix it FOR FREE.
Go back to jbo with your base model cavalier and closed minded jbody butt buddies.
You'd be pissed if you shelled out half a grand for a peice and it looked/fit like **** too.
Using an m62 install onto a l61 as a comparison? That's ******* stuipd. The knowledge of what all is involved is basically common knowledge. This is a piece that was IMPLIED to be a direct fit wether implicitly or not. And it obvioulsy failed.

I will say bravo to Vulcan for the offer of fixing the problem though. The most motivation I've ever seen out of a vendor.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by Cefaln452
Ott^^^
You don't have to tell me to go with OTTP... I'm talking to Josh about it. That one comes standard with a Meth hook-up though... I don't need that. I need a straight spacer.

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
the c/a one isn't bad, had it on my car for a while just let tem know to make the tb opening a bit bigger
How soon can I get it though. I need it by this Saturday.

Originally Posted by ShortStack
I hope people realize that everyone has to start somewhere. Hes making VERY good of the mistakes...
Of course, this did sort of turn into a help thread... haha.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:37 PM

^^ Lol.. yea i guess it kinda did.. haha...
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Looks awesome Vulcan. Can't wait to get mine back and installed in the car.

Hey guys there's nothing wrong with a help thread when it comes to this type of stuff. You can never know enough when doing custom fabbing.

I'm going to look now for a spacer as well. If i find anything i'll let ya know.

Vulcan is there anyway this can be fixed so our TB's are right side up??

Hey USMCFieldMP, On summit is says the studs won't ship until the 22nd. What's up with that?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by MySSisFaster
Looks awesome Vulcan. Can't wait to get mine back and installed in the car.

Hey guys there's nothing wrong with a help thread when it comes to this type of stuff. You can never know enough when doing custom fabbing.

I'm going to look now for a spacer as well. If i find anything i'll let ya know.

Vulcan is there anyway this can be fixed so our TB's are right side up??

Hey USMCFieldMP, On summit is says the studs won't ship until the 22nd. What's up with that?
Technically... the TB Flange is mounted correctly... but when you go to put your TB on LSJ style, your TB Plug-In hits the side of the TB Flange... throwing the bolt alignment off by 1/4" to 1/2"... a Proper spacer or having the bolt holes closer to the bottom of the flange should alleviate this problem.

As far as the studs go, you need to order the longer studs that they have in-stock...

These are a 1/4 of an inch longer and in stock: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

Hey Vulcan,

What's an update good ol buddy?? What's the date i should be looking forward to getting my manifold back?

Oh and getting my equal length?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

On your website it says...

*2.0L Supercharged intake manifold setup includes IAT2 sensor port built in for a direct fit.
...where is that at exactly? Because I didn't see one on mine.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
On your website it says...

...where is that at exactly? Because I didn't see one on mine.

It better be getting one added to mine if its not. Or it's going back again lol
Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
subscribed
Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Banned

You know USMCFieldMP, i just have this weird feeling that me and you both got 2.2l intake manifolds. There is just TOO much missing from what they are supposed to have and that the bolts holes don't work. I bet the orders got screwed up and instead of giving us LSJ ones we got these and are having a hell of a time.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

It better be getting one added to mine if its not. Or it's going back again lol
You know USMCFieldMP, i just have this weird feeling that me and you both got 2.2l intake manifolds. There is just TOO much missing from what they are supposed to have and that the bolts holes don't work. I bet the orders got screwed up and instead of giving us LSJ ones we got these and are having a hell of a time.
I think that all there is, are 2.2/2.4 manifolds. I highly doubt there is anything made different for us 2.0's.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

Which is why these don't fit AT ALL!!!!

Oh and FYI i sent my back over night shipping and they received it last tuesday. So 7 days later and still no word on it.

I hope they just started from scratch and made me a new one that was meant for a 2.0.

Hell since they have it, i'll just take the money back if they don't want to fool with it and go buy me a hahn one and every one will be happy. lol

Vuclan, if this doesn't have the proper spot for fittings and if the bolts don't match i will send this back again. Like i stated I DO NOT want a 2.2/2.4 intake manifold sent back to me. If this is the case i would like a refund for the intake manifold of $590 dollars. And i will go else where and we all can just chalk up a lose. You for a piece and me for wasting two months for a product that can't be done right.

Now i know you stated you don't do refunds because it's a custom piece(which shows lack of confidence in your company)....BUT when someone orders something and doesn't get the correct item a refund then can be giving or asked for. Custom piece or not.

Last edited by MySSisFaster; 05-13-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM

Which is why these don't fit AT ALL!!!!

Oh and FYI i sent my back over night shipping and they received it last tuesday. So 7 days later and still no word on it.

I hope they just started from scratch and made me a new one that was meant for a 2.0.

Hell since they have it, i'll just take the money back if they don't want to fool with it and go buy me a hahn one and every one will be happy. lol

Vuclan, if this doesn't have the proper spot for fittings and if the bolts don't match i will send this back again. Like i stated I DO NOT want a 2.2/2.4 intake manifold sent back to me. If this is the case i would like a refund for the intake manifold of $590 dollars. And i will go else where and we all can just chalk up a lose. You for a piece and me for wasting two months for a product that can't be done right.

Now i know you stated you don't do refunds because it's a custom piece(which shows lack of confidence in your company)....BUT when someone orders something and doesn't get the correct item a refund then can be giving or asked for. Custom piece or not.
I THink you have gotten your point across by now.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

I THink you have gotten your point across by now.
No I don't think I have, since there has been no response. Please waste your post count in another thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 AM

^^ Has nothing to do with my post count.

The guy seems to be doing everything he can to fix the problem.

We understand that if its not right, its going to go back.

He probably hasnt given you a response because hes probably building you two the best vulcan intake manifolds that will ever be produced.

All im saying is that your busting that guys ***** pretty good...

He seems to be doing everything he can to get your **** done right...

If you wanted a product thats shitty.. they maybe he would have sent it back to you the next day.. Thats all im trying to say..

Last edited by ShortStack; 05-13-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Banned

Well actually USMCFieldMP didn't send his back. He couldn't wait that amount of time to get it back. So he did a hack job on it to make it work.

And im sure he is building me a new one that i hope is right. but when he stated last week if i had it to him by tuesday i would have it back by friday. So i paid for over night shipping in hopes to get it back the same week and still nothing. All i'm looking for is an update on that piece and my equal length that was ordered almost 2 months ago.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 AM

whoa.. didnt know bout the equal length.. Its such a nice piece.. Hopefully vulcan pulls through this.

That is kinda odd... I guess i was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.. but... maybe i shouldnt have lol.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

whoa.. didnt know bout the equal length.. Its such a nice piece.. Hopefully vulcan pulls through this.

That is kinda odd... I guess i was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.. but... maybe i shouldnt have lol.
Yeah it's cool man, but until you know the whole story don't take one side. I'm only getting like this because of this wait and then getting pieces and having to send them back. I mean i know custom fab work is more complex(I have done some for some time now) but i have NEVER seen something like this take this long.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:57 AM

How long did the original shipment take?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

The order was placed on 3/31/09. I received the intake manifold 5/1/09. So just over a month. The equal length was ordered the same time and i haven't received that once yet. lol
Old 05-13-2009, 10:12 AM

Lol... damn man..that equal length is pretty too!