2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Meth systems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth systems?

I was reading some things on the meth injection systems...and i just wanted to get somt things straight..

1.) Meth Injection in your car say daily driving is always injecting the mix into ur car?..At said or set PSI?
2.) Is there anyway to turn it off so ur not waisting the mix?
3.) I saw it said if your tuned for it and ur tank is empty..you car pretty much goes bye bye. Is there anything you can have in your car like a gauge of some sort to let you know your tank is running low or empty?
4.) What are the power gains from it
5.) Where exactly is the mixture added into?..I think i misunderstood somthing and i thought it said its added too your fuel system for extra octain boost and it cools ur car down too?..im confused on that
Old 01-15-2009, 01:14 PM

1. At your set PSI
2. Its not always on, you can wire your own activation switch although they dont normally come with one.
3. Not sure about this one... and it depends on how its tuned.. You car just doesnt stop, you are able to drive it you just cannot go WOT or for that matter put it into boost.
4. It is used for not just power, but cooling, which = efficiency. IF you get a good tuner you could get maybe 10hp or so..
5. You dont add it to your fuel system, it gets added when it gets injected. You hook the pump up to a nozzle you place in your intake or at your throttle body, then it injects it there. The methanol adds octane to the fuel, allowing for more spark advanced.. the water mixture in the meth helps cool the car.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM

Alright that answerd alot..lol..i was thinking about getting it but it seems like..not worth it at the moment..10hp?..thats not worth much right now
Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 PM

Oh it will be... it could be more than that, all depends on the tune..

It does more than just HP... you gotta remember theres more to a car than just its power..

If you get too hot, you lose power. The best way to counter this is a heat exchanger or meth, they both run about the same price, but you can get gains from meth, not so much from a h/e
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM

1.) Meth Injection in your car say daily driving is always injecting the mix into ur car?..At said or set PSI?

Yes, but if you have a kit the comes on at X PSI it only sprays then.. Mine doesn't spray until 9 pounds of boost, so I don't see it much during regular driving

2.) Is there anyway to turn it off so ur not waisting the mix?

Yes, I've got a power switch wired on mine.. but, if you tune for it (up the timing), you don't need to turn it off!

3.) I saw it said if your tuned for it and ur tank is empty..you car pretty much goes bye bye. Is there anything you can have in your car like a gauge of some sort to let you know your tank is running low or empty?

I popped a fuse in mine just a couple weeks ago, fortunatly I have a wideband and saw the afrs go leaner than normal, or It could've been ugly..lol

Alot of ppl use thier windshield washer tank as a resevoir, if you do this, the car will tell you when it's low.

4.) What are the power gains from it

Cooling prevents loss of power you already have from heatsoak, + whatever you gain from bumping the timing up

5.) Where exactly is the mixture added into?..I think i misunderstood somthing and i thought it said its added too your fuel system for extra octain boost and it cools ur car down too?..im confused on that

Can be sprayed in the intake tube, through a throttle body spacer, or even underneath the supercharger.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Alright, Yeah i was really hoping u could turn it off cuz i wanted to only use it when i was racing or somthing you know?..or really really hot summer days
Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StageII07
Alright, Yeah i was really hoping u could turn it off cuz i wanted to only use it when i was racing or somthing you know?..or really really hot summer days
OTTP have great meth kits good advice...
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Pm lsjwannabe from OTT And im sure he will be happy to answer any questions and give you a good deal on a kit