2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Motor in my DD blew today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by WSFrazier
You need to make your Custom User Title "JBP's ATM"
I take it that you are a JBP naysayer.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I take it that you are a JBP naysayer.
Who isn't?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:43 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
Who isn't?
Me, for one. Plus the many customers that don't buy all the internet bullshit about JBP.
JBP doesn't make a living from my project so whether you like it or not, people are buying their products.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Lol, my point wasn't actually to bash JBP, but I will where I can.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:32 PM

I totally agree. And just to be really clear, this wasn't planned just to get a better engine. Honestly, it wasn't.

As for the PnP'd head, I will look when I am there again. At the same time I will be checking your bags before you leave, if you ever come to visit.
Meh, no need to check my bags. I cannot stand thieves! They really **** me off! I actually am not going to be playing with my Cobalt too much more unfortunately for awhile. My Integra's newer engine that I put in not too long before I left is in need of a build. #3 has 75 for compresson. It ran an 8.0 @ 90mph with a 1.9 60' the other day on 3 cylinders with slicks though!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Meh, no need to check my bags. I cannot stand thieves! They really **** me off! I actually am not going to be playing with my Cobalt too much more unfortunately for awhile. My Integra's newer engine that I put in not too long before I left is in need of a build. #3 has 75 for compresson. It ran an 8.0 @ 90mph with a 1.9 60' the other day on 3 cylinders with slicks though!
You and me both.
I look forward to seeing what a 4 cylinder Integra will do for you.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:12 AM

You and me both.
I look forward to seeing what a 4 cylinder Integra will do for you.
Yup, being deployed things have gone missing lately around base, and it really pisses me off. What really makes me mad is the fact that it's most likely another military person since there are not too many contractors here! Grrrr.....

The Integra when I'm done will have no problem taking every ounce of what my turbo can give it. 400+whp is my goal now since I'll have a built engine on stock sleeves, and in a 2380lb car with slicks I can see low 11's easily and possibly high 10's if I could find a quarter mile track. I might end up having to put in a cage as my buddy was already told he had to wear a helmet at the track!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Yup, being deployed things have gone missing lately around base, and it really pisses me off. What really makes me mad is the fact that it's most likely another military person since there are not too many contractors here! Grrrr.....

The Integra when I'm done will have no problem taking every ounce of what my turbo can give it. 400+whp is my goal now since I'll have a built engine on stock sleeves, and in a 2380lb car with slicks I can see low 11's easily and possibly high 10's if I could find a quarter mile track. I might end up having to put in a cage as my buddy was already told he had to wear a helmet at the track!
If you get her to dip under 11:49 then it is at least roll bar time. Having said that there is no way I am doing that to my DD.
I am curious though, if you are building the engine, why no new sleeves???
Are the stock ones strong?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM

If you get her to dip under 11:49 then it is at least roll bar time. Having said that there is no way I am doing that to my DD.
I am curious though, if you are building the engine, why no new sleeves???
Are the stock ones strong?
Well, I guess the car will have to get a cage then because if it hit the track this past time on all four cylinders it would have been close to that.

I'm not doing sleeves because there is no real need to. The stock B18B sleeves with a 81.5mm bore for the new CP forged pistons/rings, eagle rods, and ACL bearings going in will make the block good for 400-500whp after doing some cylinder head flow mods. There is actually a few guys on the Honda-Tech site that have made over 400whp on a completely stock block. One guy just made 397whp as a matter of fact a couple days ago on pump gas. If I really wanted to though I could get a B18B sleeved block from Golden Eagle for $950 shipped, but the budget it s little tight since my house taxes increased this month adding $320/month to my mortgage payment and uncle sam isn't giving me an increase in my housing allowance!

I still haven't decided whether or not I will do the engine myself of send it to Synapse Turbo for them to do it because of their experience and fair pricing. Here's the linkage to see what I mean.

http://www.synapseturbo.com/mm5/merc..._Code=features
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Well, I guess the car will have to get a cage then because if it hit the track this past time on all four cylinders it would have been close to that.

I'm not doing sleeves because there is no real need to. The stock B18B sleeves with a 81.5mm bore for the new CP forged pistons/rings, eagle rods, and ACL bearings going in will make the block good for 400-500whp after doing some cylinder head flow mods. There is actually a few guys on the Honda-Tech site that have made over 400whp on a completely stock block. One guy just made 397whp as a matter of fact a couple days ago on pump gas. If I really wanted to though I could get a B18B sleeved block from Golden Eagle for $950 shipped, but the budget it s little tight since my house taxes increased this month adding $320/month to my mortgage payment and uncle sam isn't giving me an increase in my housing allowance!

I still haven't decided whether or not I will do the engine myself of send it to Synapse Turbo for them to do it because of their experience and fair pricing. Here's the linkage to see what I mean.

http://www.synapseturbo.com/mm5/merc..._Code=features
That is some crazy house tax
That company does seem to have some good pricing so it may be worth while to just have them do it and save you some time and frustration, I did like the full deal build myself but I guess that defeats the cost effectiveness of the Integra.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 AM

I guess I'll be looking at cage like this per the rules. No need for a crazy six point or more, but the added body rigidity would be more than welcome. Plus, the car is already gutted anyhow from the rear seats back, so it wouldn't change it's daily driveability that much. Although it would make the car a little less sleeper like.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I guess I'll be looking at cage like this per the rules. No need for a crazy six point or more, but the added body rigidity would be more than welcome. Plus, the car is already gutted anyhow from the rear seats back, so it wouldn't change it's daily driveability that much. Although it would make the car a little less sleeper like.

There you go. It will add a bit more weight but if you use chromoly it won't be too bad.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM

That is some crazy house tax
That company does seem to have some good pricing so it may be worth while to just have them do it and save you some time and frustration, I did like the full deal build myself but I guess that defeats the cost effectiveness of the Integra.
Yeah, that is some crazy house tax increase! I was pissed when I found out my mortgage went up that much because I have a 30 year fixed!

The full build would be nice but I really don't need to go that gung-ho as I never thought I'd be pressing this far with the car to begin with anyhow!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Yeah, that is some crazy house tax increase! I was pissed when I found out my mortgage went up that much because I have a 30 year fixed!

The full build would be nice but I really don't need to go that gung-ho as I never thought I'd be pressing this far with the car to begin with anyhow!
And two years ago I started off with my car only going for 350whp
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 AM

There you go. It will add a bit more weight but if you use chromoly it won't be too bad.
Yeah, the extra weight shouldn't hurt too much. I might be able to score a CF hood along the way to offset some of it, and I'll definitely use a chromoly setup. I'm looking at around $400 max for it, so that's not too bad.

And two years ago I started off with my car only going for 350whp
Very true, but at least I am determined to stay FWD which should save me some dough!

Last edited by 2K5SS/SC?; 06-08-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Yeah, the extra weight shouldn't hurt too much. I might be able to score a CF hood along the way to offset some of it, and I'll definitely use a chromoly setup. I'm looking at around $400 max for it, so that's not too bad.

Very true, but at least I am determined to stay FWD which should save me some dough!
This truly is a case of "if I only knew then what I knew now" I would never have done this.
I will be honest and say though, part of me is glad that I didn't know.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:36 AM

This truly is a case of "if I only knew then what I knew now" I would never have done this.
I will be honest and say though, part of me is glad that I didn't know.
If it was me I would have done the built 4T65 auto swap for drag racing and kept the cobalt FWD, but your project is so unique and different it will be well worth it in the end. I bet there will be no heartache once you sit in it and take a ride down the road, and then suit up for some serious track thrashing!

I should log onto the wireless here and grab some pics of my buddy father's drag car. Since I've been gone it has undergone a complete make over and should be even faster now! Not like the 5.61's it was running before in the 1/8th was slow anyhow!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

If it was me I would have done the built 4T65 auto swap for drag racing and kept the cobalt FWD, but your project is so unique and different it will be well worth it in the end. I bet there will be no heartache once you sit in it and take a ride down the road, and then suit up for some serious track thrashing!

I should log onto the wireless here and grab some pics of my buddy father's drag car. Since I've been gone it has undergone a complete make over and should be even faster now! Not like the 5.61's it was running before in the 1/8th was slow anyhow!
I should just have waited two years and it would have been easy getting to my power goals because of the newer options open for modding. Oh well.
As you say, once I drive the car things will all be seen from a different perspective.
You buddy's dad's car sounds like fun. What is it?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 PM

I should just have waited two years and it would have been easy getting to my power goals because of the newer options open for modding. Oh well.
As you say, once I drive the car things will all be seen from a different perspective.
You buddy's dad's car sounds like fun. What is it?
My buddys dad's car was originally a 73 Camaro Z28. It has a big block 5XX something that is bored out and has all sorts of other stuff. Pretty much an all motor 1300ish whp car that has a new tube chassis now to keep it straight. The car is absolutely sick and still could have nitrous added if so desired!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:32 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

My buddys dad's car was originally a 73 Camaro Z28. It has a big block 5XX something that is bored out and has all sorts of other stuff. Pretty much an all motor 1300ish whp car that has a new tube chassis now to keep it straight. The car is absolutely sick and still could have nitrous added if so desired!
The sound of big blocks are beautiful music to my ears.
1300 whp, all motor is something to smile about as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Here are some pics from the old sweetness to the new hotness! I believe it was a 592 big block bored over too if I remember correctly. The local rails asked to buy his motor from him as they couldn't believe the power it made!

Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Very very nice.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Very very nice.
It certainly is! I was just told a few minutes ago it ran a 5.68 @ 122 in the 1/8th fresh off the trailer after the chassis upgrades, but the motor blew on the second day, so it's time for a rebuild! It gets meaner everytime the rebuild comes along though, so I can only imagine what's next!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

It certainly is! I was just told a few minutes ago it ran a 5.68 @ 122 in the 1/8th fresh off the trailer after the chassis upgrades, but the motor blew on the second day, so it's time for a rebuild! It gets meaner everytime the rebuild comes along though, so I can only imagine what's next!
If my engine blows on the second day there will be "some explanin to do"
Of course I presume the engine had plenty of runs in it's previous incantation, before the chassis.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 PM

If my engine blows on the second day there will be "some explanin to do"
Of course I presume the engine had plenty of runs in it's previous incantation, before the chassis.
Yeah, it was run the entire season before. My buddy and his brother always came in 2nd or 3rd place it seemed since they would red light on the final runs for some anxious reason which really sucks. Most of those were at Orangeburg and Rockingham dragway which are big tracks down here and usually 150-300 car will come on any given night! Plus, this car is still in the Footbrake class and they don't use a Transbrake!

Quick Reply: Motor in my DD blew today....