2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

New Injen replacement tube picture

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Injen replacement tube picture

I just recieved my replacement tube & it's for sure a new design as it's shorter than my old one & the Injen badge is acually in the right place as the tube I got 4 weeks ago the badge was so far back you can hardly read it.

Anyway I thought I'd post a pic for those who want to compare the old one to the new one plus I had to get a picture for Hong as it's damaged so I have to return it

I just posted a link as my camera only goes down to 1Meg & when I post them in the thread it's over sized ?

http://home.mchsi.com/~duggordon3/DSCF0070.JPG
Old 05-12-2006, 10:06 PM

So I never herd from Hong tonight & I'm guessing that the dent on the corner is not supose to be there can any one with the new tube varify that for me as I was thinking at first thet it might be there to keep the hood from hiting it like my old one does.
But after looking at it closer it looks more like damage rather than a factory dimple!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 AM

Bump !

So after looking at the placement of the new tube it appears thet the small dent in the tube is right at the place where my hood rubs the old one so now I'm guessing it is supose to be there.
I am waiting to hear from Hong or I was hoping someone could varify this for me if they have the new updated replacement tube for there Injen intake ?
the pic of the new tube is in my first post .
Old 05-13-2006, 04:08 PM

Im assuming that this tube gets rid of the bumper boner that the old tube created on the side of the front bumper due to poor fitment? Did injen replace this for free or do you have to pay for it?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:15 PM

mine has the same dent in it but i dont think i have the new model becasue it wouldnt fitin the bumber with the tubular rubber thing on and only kind of does without it.

06 SS SC
Injen Intake
Old 05-13-2006, 04:15 PM

Question

Originally Posted by trent_ky
Im assuming that this tube gets rid of the bumper boner that the old tube created on the side of the front bumper due to poor fitment? Did injen replace this for free or do you have to pay for it?
I payed a $50 deposit till I send the old one back then they credit my card so it's free but you have to drop $50 for a couple weeks

Man I thought there were 4 or 5 people that already got there replacement tubes & I need to know if the dent is to clear the hood mount as my old one nits at the same point the the new one has the dent
Old 05-13-2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Joewit
mine has the same dent in it but i dont think i have the new model becasue it wouldnt fitin the bumber with the tubular rubber thing on and only kind of does without it.

06 SS SC
Injen Intake
Hey thanks for the reply as that makes me feel better that the dent is supose to be there & I'm gona take pics of both the old one & the new one to see just what they changed as I have posted in several threads the fitment is awfull on the old design!!!!

Another thing Injen needs to do is clean all the metal shavings & dust out of the thing as it's so dirty in this one it could cause trouble if it was installed like it came

The old design didn't have the dent at all & it hit the hood strut bar support on the hood, not real bad as you can close the hood with out hurting anything but with the motor vibration it was going to rub a hole on the tube sooner or later
Old 05-21-2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by SS Gordon
Hey thanks for the reply as that makes me feel better that the dent is supose to be there & I'm gona take pics of both the old one & the new one to see just what they changed as I have posted in several threads the fitment is awfull on the old design!!!!

Another thing Injen needs to do is clean all the metal shavings & dust out of the thing as it's so dirty in this one it could cause trouble if it was installed like it came

The old design didn't have the dent at all & it hit the hood strut bar support on the hood, not real bad as you can close the hood with out hurting anything but with the motor vibration it was going to rub a hole on the tube sooner or later
well i got my replacement tube in and i dont have a dent :S so i dont know if i should have it or not now
Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, That dent is absolutely not suposed to be there. The way you can tell is by looking at the date stamped on the outside of the box (Usualy in red). If the date is after Jan.25th, you have the new one. If the date is Jan 24th or before that, you have the old one. This is the truth. I know, I went through it. That dent is not supposed to be there.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:17 AM

NO...the dent should not be there. I have heard alotta bad things (fitment) with injen. I recently have 2 return my intake due 2 the cobalt and intake rubbing in 2 locations causing holes.