2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

New Join Here!! Awaits Induction!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Join Here!! Awaits Induction!!

well guys ive been following up on this site and .com site for several weeks now to hear everyone's opinion on these new tuners. i chose to become a member of this site b/c you guys seem to know sooo much more (mechanically) than those 'dream believers' over at .com. so anyways, i purchased my 05 SS/SC last week and i am very enthused that chevy finally made a reasonable, classy tuner available for a decent price.

i actually traded in my 2000 Z28 for one of these cars which took weeks of decision making on my part. the decision was only finalized after i found out professionally that my car had been hit previously and that it will never be the car its' meant to be. with that said i am now a proud owner of a new 05 SS, which can never replace an f-body, but can come pretty damn close in my eyes.

although i am very satisfied with the overall package they offer, both performance and handling portion, i do have one downfall that i could now shoot myself for. i was to anxious and did not wait for an equipped cobalt ss with an optional G85 package. this had been bugging the sh*t out of me the more i read these posts about how much everyone praises the quaife LSD. without the LSD, what downfalls do i have and what problems will i be running into with potential HP upgrades. but overall, i really do question how GM's factory drivetrain (tranny/driveshafts) will hold up to potential HP gains of 300 or more. like someone previously posted, only time will tell whether or not chevy can be praised for the production of a mid-sized quality sports car, but in the meantime let this new revolution begin!! i'm in!!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:45 AM

Welcome, congrats on the car also.....i dont have the lsd on my SS, the only time i notice i could use it is going thru tight corners in 2nd gear, if u get on it the high tire WILL light up.... so u kinda have to baby it, it would help to have one, but its not a killer.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:02 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome

I also do not have the LSD. I believe GM will be offering another LSD package in their performance catalog when the Staged upgrades are unveiled.

Enjoy the car!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:37 PM

with you having a camaro previously , im sure you know the advantage of having a lsd diff

same applies to a front drive as it does rear drive , but with added advantages and disadvantages , when in wet weather or snow/ice

since the front tires are what turns the car around corners , although the quaffie should help out over a clutch type lsd , sicne the clutch types like to keep both tires at equal speeds

and the quaffie is a gear type lsd , so it transfers power differently

1 wheel peels suck either way , LOL

welcome to the world of s/c boost
Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM

thanx alot guys for the positive feedback, it makes me feel a lot better about the car. you know i am so very glad that chevy has finally produced a classy car like this; it looks so damn sharp and performs as good as it looks as well! just picked up the august issue of car and driver and they did an excellent evaluation of the SS/SC compared to the RSX type-S, and guess what boys...our cobalts came out on top with the overall ratings. that was a major confidence boost!!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to CobaltSS.net Lets see some pics of your ride
Old 08-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
.net > .com

Welcome to the site.