2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

No fun running stright headers!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all have to call ZZP and complain together because that's 3 people in this thread alone.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM

So its safe or fine to just weld a straight pipe instead of using the flex??
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
so they're admitting to making a part that can't handle the car it's made for? sounds pretty shitty if you ask me.
X2

vibrant FTW
Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by 3ds138
WTF! DUDE mine did the exact same thing last week, flex pipe is in good excellent condition and it just poped out from the header! they were saying was was from vibrations... GRRR

did it look something like this?? this is the aftermath of mine, notice i had to close hang it in place to make it the rest of the way to my destination!

it looked exactly like that! the flex pipe is perfect, and it seems like the metal just peals back and pops out the flex pipe!

i called zzp they said they will replace the down pipe if its within a year and i need to send the old one in. but unfortunately im the second owner and i don't know if its been a year.
so unfortunately i bought another dp with cat from zzp, and a Magnaflow exhaust and im just going to custom weld everything.
the whisper resonator is making a buzzing noice that pisses me off so im compleately starting over!

Originally Posted by Sythen1678
it looked exactly like that! the flex pipe is perfect, and it seems like the metal just peals back and pops out the flex pipe!

i called zzp they said they will replace the down pipe if its within a year and i need to send the old one in. but unfortunately im the second owner and i don't know if its been a year.
so unfortunately i bought another dp with cat from zzp, and a Magnaflow exhaust and im just going to custom weld everything.
the whisper resonator is making a buzzing noise that pisses me off so im compleately starting over!
Please put down if you have had a cracked DP from zzp! i want to relay this to them!!
1) Sythen1678
2) Immortal Technique
3) Hungryhip-ccp
4) 3ds38

Last edited by Sythen1678; 06-19-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Whoa you called and they gave you the chance to get another one? I want one too! I got denied the first time.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Yeah they said if its within the warranty period i would be able to get a new pipe, unfortunately it wasn't.
Fun story tho,
I ordered my DP on 6/19/08 and it finally came in today 6/27/08 and you know what? they sent the wrong one....

Kyla the ZZP sales lady was helpful however and offered to save me the shipping for me to send it back, so ill have to wait another freaking week before i can install my Magnaflow thats just sitting in my living room...
Im also sending back my ZZP whisper resonator, since it gives the most annoying high frequency rattle ive ever heard.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Immortal Technique
We all have to call ZZP and complain together because that's 3 people in this thread alone.
i already did...

the whisper resonator is making a buzzing noice that pisses me off so im compleately starting over!

Please put down if you have had a cracked DP from zzp! i want to relay this to them!!
1) Sythen1678
2) Immortal Technique
3) Hungryhip-ccp
4) 3ds38

dude i feel your pain i went throught two of em before i found what lets me sleep at night...
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=7500

i would not try anything else if i were you... by the way... it does twice as good a job at sound/drone cancellation as zzp and lifetime warranty... also have 2.5 and many more sizes just make sure you get the one thats at least 30" in length

Yeah they said if its within the warranty period i would be able to get a new pipe, unfortunately it wasn't.
Fun story tho,
I ordered my DP on 6/19/08 and it finally came in today 6/27/08 and you know what? they sent the wrong one....

Kyla the ZZP sales lady was helpful however and offered to save me the shipping for me to send it back, so ill have to wait another freaking week before i can install my Magnaflow thats just sitting in my living room...
Im also sending back my ZZP whisper resonator, since it gives the most annoying high frequency rattle ive ever heard.

good man...dont let em fu** you over...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 06-27-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 01:38 AM

i would not try anything else if i were you... by the way... it does twice as good a job at sound/drone cancellation as zzp and lifetime warranty... also have 2.5 and many more sizes just make sure you get the one thats at least 30" in length

[/B]

good man...dont let em fu** you over...[/QUOTE]

Im definitely going to do that! how was the performance after your install?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 PM

performance is great and one cool thing is since its straight through and im running catless w meth it throws out nice fireballs on the 1-2 shift scares the **** outta people sometimes... theyre like dude your car was on fire zzp was not straight threw and i never saw any thing come out of that except rattles and noises...

by the way check out my thread on zzp's problems...

performance is great and one cool thing is since its straight through and im running catless w meth it throws out nice fireballs on the 1-2 shift scares the **** outta people sometimes... theyre like dude your car was on fire zzp was not straight threw and i never saw any thing come out of that except rattles and noises...

by the way check out my thread on zzp's problems...

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/deleted-threads-89/list-your-zzp-problems-here-119545/

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 06-28-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-28-2008, 12:50 PM

I did that crap in my slammed S10. Took off real fast heard a exhaust crack then BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Even at idle it was loud.