2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

only 208whp and 210wtq with intense kit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 280Z1977
What does that have to do with you being childish???

OHHHHHH, you made fun of the name of my car. Now I must end myself. I see you are just trying to get a rise out of me so that I will make fun of your "badly geared" (heh) 13 second car. Honestly I would hate everyone too, if my car had 270whp and ran 13.5s on good tire. It's cool though, you or someone else will run faster hopefully.

Did you get kicked off of your own board? What's with all of these non cobalt owners coming in here trolling? Yea, he hates everyone, that's why he helps people go faster. Before he bought a cobalt, there was almost no aftermarket. Since he's been here, he has the highest dyno and the fastest time within a short period. You've got no room to call his car slow, when yours is too. If it's not, I AGAIN invite you to IDDVII to prove that it's not.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is the car "badly geared" according to you?

Greg
Old 03-26-2006, 01:04 AM

OKay guys, I took her for a spin today. She drives a lot better now. The readings might be wrong but the increase in power after the tuning is there. In second gear its pulling a lot harder in the very high 12s AF. and in third gear I get like 2.0 knock towards the end. They charged me 100dlls. So after I get my headers I will take it to tune it somewhere else. If you guys want I can scan the Dyno sheets.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Ive made up my mind. Im gona be taking my car this upcoming monday to a dynojet.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
OKay guys, I took her for a spin today. She drives a lot better now. The readings might be wrong but the increase in power after the tuning is there. In second gear its pulling a lot harder in the very high 12s AF. and in third gear I get like 2.0 knock towards the end. They charged me 100dlls. So after I get my headers I will take it to tune it somewhere else. If you guys want I can scan the Dyno sheets.
Glad to hear that it's running better for you Each of these cars run different, and they all need a little tweaking with the settings to get it down.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 AM

ALso I just saw in my sheet, The dyno was a 4wheel dyno also. Does that make a difference too.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
Did you get kicked off of your own board? What's with all of these non cobalt owners coming in here trolling? Yea, he hates everyone, that's why he helps people go faster. Before he bought a cobalt, there was almost no aftermarket. Since he's been here, he has the highest dyno and the fastest time within a short period. You've got no room to call his car slow, when yours is too. If it's not, I AGAIN invite you to IDDVII to prove that it's not.

there is nothing wrong w/ non cobalt owners coming in here. but trolling will not be tolerated. and from what i see no one is trolling. so please refrain from trying to make this site a pure cobalt site. this is a place for auto enthusiests. we can respect all cars.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:55 AM

Well either way you should go back and gap your plugs, don't rely on the manufactorer to gap them for you, it takes 5 minutes and is easily done, you should have done that before doing anything.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:24 AM

The Problem Has To Be The Dyno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheFordGuy

Greg
Not according to me. Hence the quotations.
Originally Posted by Fast06SS
You obviously lack common performance knowledge! I wasn't complaining, just explaining.

270hp and 236lbft of torque on mismatched gearing doesn't = great 1/4 performance.

I know how allot of performance oriented items work but i don't go posting on the mustang, EVO, or SRT forums talking trash there. Why, because i don't own ,nor have ever raced one and don't know thier particularities. Don't worry, there are always trolls like you around. No biggie
Old 03-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Banned

So it's ok for him to voice his opinion and not Rob? Are you mental? JCswoosher gave his opinion, Rob asked him to elaborate, there's nothing wrong with that. Yea, I'm pretty sure he's not trolling when Rob's been talking to him to help him before even coming in thirs thread. We don't need to see any INTENSE vs Revitup threads, they're getting old. The one at fault here is JCswoosher. He took the topic and turned it into an INTENSE VS REVITUP war. Lastly, who are you to come in here and tell anyone what to do? What are you going to do if Rob doesn't stop backing up the company HE'S APART OF? Nothing, exactly. So sit there, shutup, and lets try to help the topic starter with his issue. If you can't do that, I invite you to IDDVII where we can talk about it face to face outside of the track. Vent off.
I will rape and pilage him. <--Is that the response you want to that tough guy question?? So now he is "APART OF" of Intense? Last time I checked he said he was just a customer. Hmmm... which is it? Since you fallow Rob(fast06ss) around this site like a lost puppy you might want to get your guys' stories straight.

So since you are so tough, what will you do if I don't shut up? And are you going to transport my car(s) and me to IDDVII???
Old 03-26-2006, 07:15 AM

If it can help, look at the setup in my sig, and I made 234 whp and 210 wtq on a Mustang dyno, that was untuned with a rich air fuel ratio ... My bone stock numbers on the same dyno were 190 whp and 170 wtq.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:20 AM

they left the settings at D,D. that was the best run. I mean man my car pulls so much harder now. at 3000rpm im making 20lbs of tq more than b4 when I had it at c1. Also, How much of a difference can the plugs really make man.

Umm, Plugs are not the issue.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:33 AM

Your settings mixed with plugs are the issue. And to the intense trolls...obviously you have not talked to rob...me and him got into it once or twice but once i talked to him I realized how knowledgable he was and ordered the intense kit and he has helped me tune it. On the phone with me almost everyday...and it paid off 233whp on mustang. The intense kit is very nice u just have to make sure it is set right. Run C1 with switches to on/off/off/off and plugs gapped to .045. It ill make a huge difference...i doubted rob till I tried it myself and it felt like I had a new car. I'm going to go post my dyno chart scans up now hehe

Dan
Old 03-26-2006, 09:33 AM

I will rape and pilage him. <--Is that the response you want to that tough guy question?? So now he is "APART OF" of Intense? Last time I checked he said he was just a customer. Hmmm... which is it? Since you fallow Rob(fast06ss) around this site like a lost puppy you might want to get your guys' stories straight.

So since you are so tough, what will you do if I don't shut up? And are you going to transport my car(s) and me to IDDVII???

Don't worry, the stories are straight. Trust me I've been friends with Rob long before we had cobalts. He's affiliated enough that when someone talks about them, he's going to want people to clarify what they mean. You're not going to show up, I already know it. Don't come on here acting tough, telling people who can and can't voice their opinion. I called you out, on you and your car, back it up. If coming on a cobalt site, not owning a cobalt, and then talking trash about cobalts isn't trolling, I don't know what is. This is a site where people are going to express their opinions. If jcswoosher can start talking about INTENSE, Rob can ask him to clarify. You're not a moderator, and you've got no business coming in here telling Rob or anyone for that matter to be quiet. You came in here acting tough, and you got called out. Just like I don't like the fact that there are so many non-cobalt owners coming in here cracking jokes about our cars being slow, but I have to deal with it. So you're going to have to deal with people expressing their opinions.

BACK TO THE TOPIC: To the original poster, I would still go back to a different dyno, the settings on the dyno (since it was probably calibrated for a 4wd), were probably just not accurate. Let us know what the new results are.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by TheFordGuy

Greg
4.05 final drive,
1st gear = 3.36
2nd = 2.03
3rd = 1.13
4th = .89
5th = .76

Now, looking at the dyno charts, when you have to shift at 6500 do to the very low rev limiter, the extreme drop in the rpm AFTER the gear change takes the car out of it's powerband! Now if we can raise the revlimiter, it will help, but still, there is way to much rpm change between gears. The 2 overdrives suck!!!! The spread should be more like,

1st = 3.10
2nd = 2.54
3rd = 1.89
4th = 1.00
5th = .72

If this doesn't make sense to you, then you need to read up on performance applications and theories since you have no clue what you are talking about. Trans ratios make a HUGE difference in overall performance. In the case of this cobalt, EASY .5sec in the 1/4 if it was matched better to the powerband!

As for INTENSE, i'm not an employee, i'm a customer, vendor for thier parts, and on the race team which gets me a littler better discount on parts. NOTHING ELSE! No cash involved anywhere!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
4.05 final drive,
1st gear = 3.36
2nd = 2.03
3rd = 1.13
4th = .89
5th = .76

Now, looking at the dyno charts, when you have to shift at 6500 do to the very low rev limiter, the extreme drop in the rpm AFTER the gear change takes the car out of it's powerband! Now if we can raise the revlimiter, it will help, but still, there is way to much rpm change between gears. The 2 overdrives suck!!!! The spread should be more like,

1st = 3.10
2nd = 2.54
3rd = 1.89
4th = 1.00
5th = .72

If this doesn't make sense to you, then you need to read up on performance applications and theories since you have no clue what you are talking about. Trans ratios make a HUGE difference in overall performance. In the case of this cobalt, EASY .5sec in the 1/4 if it was matched better to the powerband!

As for INTENSE, i'm not an employee, i'm a customer, vendor for thier parts, and on the race team which gets me a littler better discount on parts. NOTHING ELSE! No cash involved anywhere!
What are the chances of finding different gears for these cars? What would it require doing? Just curious.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:41 AM

When we talked on the phone yesterday, i forgot to ask you what the weather conditions were like in FL that day. Remember, high humidities and temps will require less fuel than a cool low humidity day. Since you are in a warm climate, i can see were the "D" setting in base would be a better match. Keep an on it, most of all, enjoy the new power and start saving for a new clutch! Call me if you have anymore questions
Old 03-26-2006, 04:11 PM

4.05 final drive,
1st gear = 3.36
2nd = 2.03
3rd = 1.13
4th = .89
5th = .76

1st = 3.10
2nd = 2.54
3rd = 1.89
4th = 1.00
5th = .72

I TOTALLY AGREE! I made this comment in another post, but this is really what's killing our cars in performance. I don't know what GM was thinking with these gear ratios! When you shift into second, the car just dies until the rpms can build back up, our peak power is just too high for this kind of gearing. The motor just ISN'T matched to the gearing.

To the original poster, I wouldn't put too much weight on your dyno numbers, especially since it was a 4w dyno, you are trying to compare to other people's dynos on a dynojet, but it it's two differnent things, I'm no expert on this, just my opinion.
From what I've seen, dynos should be be used for tuning, or to gauge what you've gained from different mods, using a BASELINE number. When we look at FAST06SS's 270whp dyno from the intense kit we should also look at his baseline, which from what I've read, is 230. So that means he got a 40whp gain, which is VERY good, imo. but I think anyone that gets the intense kit, shouldn't install it and then go on a dyno without a baseline # and expect to hit 270. maybe your numbers will be higher, or maybe they will be lower depending on where you were before you got it.
A better way to judge how your car is running is to run it at the track, but doing that might also give you different results b/c of the different variables involved. or another way to judge is to race a friends car that you raced before you installed the kit and see what the difference is.
a little story I can tell you about dyno numbers is this. I have an LS1 camaro with an SLP loud mouth exhaust and a lid. I dyoned 260rwhp on a mustang dyno, which most people would say is VERY low, a stock car would probably have better numbers, but right after I dyoned my car, we did my mom's LS1 vet that was stock, it dyoned 250rwhp. I made 10rwhp more than my mom's car because of my mods. From going to the track I know both cars are running what they should. Both numbers were VERY low, but the point I'm making is that you shouldn't JUST go by dyno numbers to measure a car's performance. both the camaro and the vet run 1/4 times and mph in the range they should so I don't worry about the low numbers!

Good luck with the car!

Last edited by mjf_z28; 03-26-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM

4.05 final drive,
1st gear = 3.36
2nd = 2.03
3rd = 1.13
4th = .89
5th = .76

1st = 3.10
2nd = 2.54
3rd = 1.89
4th = 1.00
5th = .72

OK??? Was this directed toward me, or someone else? I was asking a question... I was unaware of the specifics of the Cobalt.

And thank you, I already understood how gearing works.

Greg
Old 03-26-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mjf_z28
I TOTALLY AGREE! I made this comment in another post, but this is really what's killing our cars in performance. I don't know what GM was thinking with these gear ratios! When you shift into second, the car just dies until the rpms can build back up, our peak power is just too high for this kind of gearing. The motor just ISN'T matched to the gearing.

To the original poster, I wouldn't put too much wieght on your dyno numbers, especially since it was a 4w dyno, you are trying to compare to other people's dynos on a dynojet, but it it's two differnent things, I'm no expert on this, just my opinion.
From what I've seen, dynos should be be used for tuning, or to gauge what you've gained from different mods, using a BASELINE number. When we look at FAST06SS's 270whp dyno from the intense kit we should also look at his baseline, which from what I've read, is 230. So that means he got a 40whp, which is VERY good, imo. but I think anyone that gets the intense kit, shouldn't install it and then go on a dyno without a baseline # and expect to hit 270. maybe your numbers will be higher, or maybe they will be lower depending on where you were before you got it.
A better way to judge how your car is running is to run it at the track, but doing that might also give you different results b/c of the different variables involved. or another way to judge is to race a friends car that you raced before you installed the kit and see what the difference is.
a little story I can tell you about dyno numbers is this. I have an LS1 camaro with an SLP loud mouth exhaust and a lid. I dyoned 260rwhp on mustang dyno, which most people would say is VERY low, a stock car would probably have better numbers, but right after I dyoned my car, we did my mom's LS1 vet that was stock, it dyoned 250rwhp. I made 10rwhp more than my mom's car because of my mods. From going to the track I know both cars are running what they should. Both numbers were VERY low, but the point I'm making is that you shouldn't JUST go by dyno numbers to measure a car's performance. both the camaro and the vet run 1/4 times and mph in the range they should so I don't worry about the low numbers!

Good luck with the car!
Good post
Old 03-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Yes it was.

Greg
Old 03-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

Don't worry, the stories are straight. Trust me I've been friends with Rob long before we had cobalts. He's affiliated enough that when someone talks about them, he's going to want people to clarify what they mean. You're not going to show up, I already know it. Don't come on here acting tough, telling people who can and can't voice their opinion. I called you out, on you and your car, back it up. If coming on a cobalt site, not owning a cobalt, and then talking trash about cobalts isn't trolling, I don't know what is. This is a site where people are going to express their opinions. If jcswoosher can start talking about INTENSE, Rob can ask him to clarify. You're not a moderator, and you've got no business coming in here telling Rob or anyone for that matter to be quiet. You came in here acting tough, and you got called out. Just like I don't like the fact that there are so many non-cobalt owners coming in here cracking jokes about our cars being slow, but I have to deal with it. So you're going to have to deal with people expressing their opinions.
Why are you still acting tough, while avoiding my questions? Are you going to transport my cars and me all the way to STL? If not then stop thinking you called me out and I backed down. When have I EVER talked trash about Cobalts???
Old 03-26-2006, 06:54 PM

Why are you still acting tough, while avoiding my questions? Are you going to transport my cars and me all the way to STL? If not then stop thinking you called me out and I backed down. When have I EVER talked trash about Cobalts???

I'm not avoiding any questions. No I'm not going to "ship" you and your car here, that's not worth my time. You missed the point. You're not going to do anything to anybody, so don't come in and tell people to be quiet. Read the last thing you told Rob. "Don't worry, somebody will eventually get fast", or somthing to that nature. Look, if you want to PM me, fine. Otherwise you're wasting bandwidth.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

I'm not avoiding any questions. No I'm not going to "ship" you and your car here, that's not worth my time. You missed the point. You're not going to do anything to anybody, so don't come in and tell people to be quiet. Read the last thing you told Rob. "Don't worry, somebody will eventually get fast", or somthing to that nature. Look, if you want to PM me, fine. Otherwise you're wasting bandwidth.
You are wasting air, but you don't see me complaining. Why call me out if you are not going to back it up? That is kind of a bitch move.

Yeah read what I said. How is that talking ****?

Quick Reply: only 208whp and 210wtq with intense kit!