2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Option B Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scampbell
lols

but seriously though did you consider doing stu's mod instead or are you deadset on doin option b?
I have it sitting in my garage. You dont need a dualpass although it was made for the exact same thing hatrick made. Just a bigger tub. I havent decided yet btw.

thinking about driver's side mount tub in a stealthy place so it looks factory and use the option B mount for my methanol injection.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rrutter81
You have confirmed everything with that post. Thank you. You do realize i have option B?
Thats great... argue with yourself . just so me who else has a kit besides CED
Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
I got a duel pass....!!!! What business would i have with ice water. i dont really know how it works so im talking out my ass.
Were you sleeping when you hooked it up?

Not hard to figure it out.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Were you sleeping when you hooked it up?

Not hard to figure it out.
LOL im not talking about the duel pass and opt b im talking about the hatkatsu ice water mod or whatever.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by scampbell
na its a pretty good mod imo...hatrickstu says that it doubles the coolant capacity of the original i/c cooling system and it gave me a really good drop in iat2's. its basically for poor guys like me though who dont wanna have to take the intake manifold and supercharger and everything else off to put the dual pass on there but along with a second h/e it does wonders..
Help out the cooling mod noob here....so I could get say zzp HE install it and add in the Option B type tank without the dual pass endplate?

2nd question.... Is there any benefit to doing both zzp HE and then add in GM dual pass endplate?
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
::gets a beer:::
Banned

lol

i cant work with this.

I think it will dawn on you if you look at hatrick hardware and this one.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM

lol

i cant work with this.

I think it will dawn on you if you look at hatrick hardware and this one.

too lazy...
Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CobaltSSilver
Help out the cooling mod noob here....so I could get say zzp HE install it and add in the Option B type tank without the dual pass endplate?

2nd question.... Is there any benefit to doing both zzp HE and then add in GM dual pass endplate?
#1 yes but you will have extra hardware and need to route differently

#2 is conflicting info but it doesnt hurt

too lazy...
going home

have fun, im off. hopefully rushhour cleared

Last edited by rrutter81; 08-27-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
The bigger fill neck/coolant tank **** is not the same or anywhere close to Option B.

Dual-pass is a method of providing more efficent flow through the cores in the manifold, which actually controls temps where it matters. Option B just adds a larger tank and self bleeding capabilities.

The autozone coolant tank mod is just replacing the stock filler with a large one, the "gain" you get is when you drain out the coolant and re-fill it with ice water, while it stays cold your IAT2s will be very low. Until the ice melts. Very useful at the track, but not so much on the road. The reason you can't do the same with the Option B setup is that this is plumbed as part of the flow, meaning what you put in gets circulated through the system. Option B tank is strictly a reserve/expansion tank, and has very minimal flow through it, so putting ice in it won't do much at all.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:29 PM

what iat2 drops are they seeing with the hakatsu mod? and he
Old 08-27-2008, 06:29 PM

or you can get a more effective system from me for way less!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:30 PM

what iat2 drops are they seeing with the hakatsu mod? and he
He logged 109 starting temps at the track, only rising to 125 or something by the end of the run. This is only because of the ice in the system, you will get no gain during normal conditions.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM

#1 yes but you will have extra hardware and need to route differently

#2 is conflicting info but it doesnt hurt

going home

have fun, im off. hopefully rushhour cleared
Thank you for answering my questions.

So for #2 when you say conflicting....basically it is overkill?

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
The bigger fill neck/coolant tank **** is not the same or anywhere close to Option B.

Dual-pass is a method of providing more efficent flow through the cores in the manifold, which actually controls temps where it matters. Option B just adds a larger tank and self bleeding capabilities.

The autozone coolant tank mod is just replacing the stock filler with a large one, the "gain" you get is when you drain out the coolant and re-fill it with ice water, while it stays cold your IAT2s will be very low. Until the ice melts. Very useful at the track, but not so much on the road. The reason you can't do the same with the Option B setup is that this is plumbed as part of the flow, meaning what you put in gets circulated through the system. Option B tank is strictly a reserve/expansion tank, and has very minimal flow through it, so putting ice in it won't do much at all.
not true. when you double the capacity of a fluid system it is goign to take MUCH longer to heat soak

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
or you can get a more effective system from me for way less!
I thought it was more expensive according to that guy. and i could careless about track runs as i only go there once or twice a year but if you can stop my car from hitting 150ait2 temps in florida around normal driving then im all in. But im not trying to drive around putting ice in my tank every ten minutes because ice cant even stay in my cooler for 20 minutes in the ac in florida temps.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:36 PM

He logged 109 starting temps at the track, only rising to 125 or something by the end of the run. This is only because of the ice in the system, you will get no gain during normal conditions.
again not true.

i started with intake temps of like 104 and end at like 115. 11* rise. and this is not only the case at the track. ask brianthelion or lsjwannabe. they have seen my street logs of 3-4 pulls at a time and the intakes temp are WAY better than on a stock system.

I thought it was more expensive according to that guy. and i could careless about track runs as i only go there once or twice a year but if you can stop my car from hitting 150ait2 temps in florida around normal driving then im all in. But im not trying to drive around putting ice in my tank every ten minutes because ice cant even stay in my cooler for 20 minutes in the ac in florida temps.
you dont have too. is it really that hard to understand. more fluid will take longer to heat soak. basic science. look at it this way (you can thank an0 for this example)

see how long it takes to boil a cup of water with a lighter

now see how long it takes to boil a bucket with a lighter

same principle, the more fluid, the less quickly you will heat soak, AND you get the track benefit

im perfectly fine with you seeing this as a "cheap mod" because its pieced together by a hick in arkansas, but at least realize that it actually is effective.

Last edited by hatrickstu; 08-27-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2008, 06:48 PM

again not true.

i started with intake temps of like 104 and end at like 115. 11* rise. and this is not only the case at the track. ask brianthelion or lsjwannabe. they have seen my street logs of 3-4 pulls at a time and the intakes temp are WAY better than on a stock system.

you dont have too. is it really that hard to understand. more fluid will take longer to heat soak. basic science. look at it this way (you can thank an0 for this example)

see how long it takes to boil a cup of water with a lighter

now see how long it takes to boil a bucket with a lighter

same principle, the more fluid, the less quickly you will heat soak, AND you get the track benefit

im perfectly fine with you seeing this as a "cheap mod" because its pieced together by a hick in arkansas, but at least realize that it actually is effective.
sorry, I didn't remember the exact numbers. Either way, it was low. Ice does that.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:01 PM

sorry, I didn't remember the exact numbers. Either way, it was low. Ice does that.
mk so how does ice factor into the system when im making hot laps tuning?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
no.

any chevy dealer can get it.
SCHEES I THOUGHT IT WAS A FRIENDLY PLACE
NICE ANSWER DAWG HE WAS JUST ASKING WHY THE ATTITUDE
Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 PM

mk so how does ice factor into the system when im making hot laps tuning?
Umm, it makes it cooler? I don't know what exactly you are asking me, I have no idea what you were doing with the car.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Umm, it makes it cooler? I don't know what exactly you are asking me, I have no idea what you were doing with the car.
i was tuning the car on the highway, no ice or any other "artificial" cooler was added. this went on over 3 days and i never touched the reservoir. it takes longer to heat up, period. i dont roll around like a damn ice cream truck with tons of cold **** to dump in my car at various points. its really not that complicated to figure out. hell its purpose is EXACTLY the same as the dual pass and option B. I would put money on this "cheap" system to work more effectively than option B
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 PM

i was tuning the car on the highway, no ice or any other "artificial" cooler was added. this went on over 3 days and i never touched the reservoir. it takes longer to heat up, period.
Ok, but it still heats up the same, just takes longer. Down here its ******* hot all the time, we need COOLING, not heat soak prevention. Thats why I say for X to get the dual-pass. If he wanted to add in a tank later, it wouldn't be hard. Calm down.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Ok, but it still heats up the same, just takes longer. Down here its ******* hot all the time, we need COOLING, not heat soak prevention. Thats why I say for X to get the dual-pass. If he wanted to add in a tank later, it wouldn't be hard. Calm down.
im plenty calm, but you are being thick headed. answer this:

what is the purpose of option B and the endplate?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

OK!

just got home to check this out and i wont let this go unanswered.

Listen dude, when you get option B your just making a reserve tank.
Hatrick's mod is a BIGGER reserve tank + fill delete. He just removed pointless fill with the tank instead. If you go Option B you just have 2 fill points. WTF? Your talking about ICE in the system... well you can do the same with option B except it would be harder to get at without crushing the stuff to get it in.

Please educate yourselves before you say its b.s. because hatrick's mod is basically just a BIGGER effecient option B with the option to throw ice in there.

In fact you might as well call it Option C

Quick Reply: Option B Kit