2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Option B Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear some things up, "Option B" usually precludes "Dual Pass", which is a more efficient use of the cooling system. So "Option B" without the dual pass endplate is essentially what HTS has done. Adding in a dual pass system to his setup would be an even better improvement (exaclty like Option B is).

Just thought I'd try and clear things up, 'cause there is some arguing here over different aspects of the cooling system - I think there is more agreement here than it seems.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thought
Just to clear some things up, "Option B" usually precludes "Dual Pass", which is a more efficient use of the cooling system. So "Option B" without the dual pass endplate is essentially what HTS has done. Adding in a dual pass system to his setup would be an even better improvement (exaclty like Option B is).

Just thought I'd try and clear things up, 'cause there is some arguing here over different aspects of the cooling system - I think there is more agreement here than it seems.
well spoken
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81
OK!

just got home to check this out and i wont let this go unanswered.

Listen dude, when you get option B your just making a reserve tank.
Hatrick's mod is a BIGGER reserve tank + fill delete. He just removed pointless fill with the tank instead. If you go Option B you just have 2 fill points. WTF? Your talking about ICE in the system... well you can do the same with option B except it would be harder to get at without crushing the stuff to get it in.

Please educate yourselves before you say its b.s. because hatrick's mod is basically just a BIGGER effecient option B with the option to throw ice in there.

In fact you might as well call it Option C
i like stu's mod trust me i do, BUT ITS NOT DUAL PASS. Its just a larger tank that has good gains. Doesnt flow anything any better, jsut holds more coolant. I vote option B with this coolant tank haha
Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by 04redline0124
i like stu's mod trust me i do, BUT ITS NOT DUAL PASS. Its just a larger tank that has good gains. Doesnt flow anything any better, jsut holds more coolant. I vote option B with this coolant tank haha
This is what you guys fail to understand.

Also, real Option B eliminates the stock filler neck as well, just uses the larger tank for fill and reserve.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
This is what you guys fail to understand.

Also, real Option B eliminates the stock filler neck as well, just uses the larger tank for fill and reserve.
reading>you

I never said hatrickmod=dual pass
Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Hey stu....do you need an extra heat exchanger with your system or are you seeing the difference with the stock he?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
thought so.

Your a idiot. that mod is for people who dont want a duelpass option b is for a duel pass setup.

do tell.
what drew me in to the argument.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 PM

reading>you

I never said hatrickmod=dual pass
But, option B is part of a dual pass install. Therefore, if you are not doing a dual-pass plate conversion, you are doing nothing. This is no option, its a larger tank. Just like an aftermarket H/E is a larger H/E. Nothing special here.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned

The bigger fill neck/coolant tank **** is not the same or anywhere close to Option B.

Dual-pass is a method of providing more efficent flow through the cores in the manifold, which actually controls temps where it matters. Option B just adds a larger tank and self bleeding capabilities.

The autozone coolant tank mod is just replacing the stock filler with a large one, the "gain" you get is when you drain out the coolant and re-fill it with ice water, while it stays cold your IAT2s will be very low. Until the ice melts. Very useful at the track, but not so much on the road. The reason you can't do the same with the Option B setup is that this is plumbed as part of the flow, meaning what you put in gets circulated through the system. Option B tank is strictly a reserve/expansion tank, and has very minimal flow through it, so putting ice in it won't do much at all.
Is what brought me back in to it since ive gotten home....

now dualpass was not the issue as ive never brought it up short of that option B was meant for it. However my focus has always been on Option B vs Option C.

Not Option C vs Dual Pass Endplate

But, option B is part of a dual pass install. Therefore, if you are not doing a dual-pass plate conversion, you are doing nothing. This is no option, its a larger tank. Just like an aftermarket H/E is a larger H/E. Nothing special here.
Hatrick has proof your wrong

Also it makes sense. What does the stock intercooler hold? maybe 2 quarts total? Thats not much coolant to work with in cooling that hush puppy up.

In fact im theorizing that the extra HE everyone is installing is mostly benefited in drops due to extra coolant. Obviously more coolant is being cooled too but I wonder by how much just a reservoir vs an extra HE would benefit.

Last edited by rrutter81; 08-27-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hows the pump gonna pump all that
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM

now dualpass was not the issue as ive never brought it up short of that option B was meant for it. However my focus has always been on Option B vs Option C.

he has proof from you guys up north, come down here and those gains would be close to **** for us . He is trying to say that dual pass will cool the car, unlike the bigger tank which will jsut keep the coolant alittle cooler over a longer period of time. Im gunna do the dual pass, with the option B as the stu coolant mod lol, more coolant and better flow WTF
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

hows the pump gonna pump all that
Not like the pump is pumping more water. Just different water.

God im surrounded by linear thinkers.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM

Not like the pump is pumping more water. Just different water.

God im surrounded by linear thinkers.
Your adding a bigger tank but its not pumping more water? OH ok now i understand.
Banned

he has proof from you guys up north, come down here and those gains would be close to **** for us . He is trying to say that dual pass will cool the car, unlike the bigger tank which will jsut keep the coolant alittle cooler over a longer period of time. Im gunna do the dual pass, with the option B as the stu coolant mod lol, more coolant and better flow WTF
You do realize that the weather up there is comparable to ours in the summer. I saw it hotter in New York than Downtown atlanta.

The weather in florida is only about a 5 degree difference. Just your humidity is ****.

Also it makes sense. What does the stock intercooler hold? maybe 2 quarts total? Thats not much coolant to work with in cooling that hush puppy up.

In fact im theorizing that the extra HE everyone is installing is mostly benefited in drops due to extra coolant. Obviously more coolant is being cooled too but I wonder by how much just a reservoir vs an extra HE would benefit.
There is no Option C, option B is part of a dual pass setup. Does that make sense? This is a resevior swap, nothing more. Like a H/E swap.

he didn't prove me anything, I was referring to doing just option B by itself. It won't do anything to directly affect cooling. It would do the same as his does, increase capacity, but his has the added functionality of letting you actually exchange the coolant, which is a good thing.

I'm gone from this thread, you people don't wanna hear what I have to say, so I'll comply.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM

You do realize that the weather up there is comparable to ours in the summer. I saw it hotter in New York than Downtown atlanta.

The weather in florida is only about a 5 degree difference. Just your humidity is ****.
well you jsut contradicted urself lol, with heat soak its over a 100 every fukin day, and its humid as all hell. IMO worst condition for a car to run in.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

There is no Option C, option B is part of a dual pass setup. Does that make sense? This is a resevior swap, nothing more. Like a H/E swap.

he didn't prove me anything, I was referring to doing just option B by itself. It won't do anything to directly affect cooling. It would do the same as his does, increase capacity, but his has the added functionality of letting you actually exchange the coolant, which is a good thing.

I'm gone from this thread, you people don't wanna hear what I have to say, so I'll comply.

Thanks.
I agree option B was built for dual pass. No one is denying it. Im just saying the components of option b are just like the hatricks'.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM

True...option B and duel pass use more fluid anyway...so the stock pump will handle it
Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

well you jsut contradicted urself lol, with heat soak its over a 100 every fukin day, and its humid as all hell. IMO worst condition for a car to run in.
Heat Index, Humidity and Temperature are different. I fail to see the contradiction.

I guess I should make sure my car doesnt get skin cancer with the UV index too.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM

You guys go do your damn hatricks mod. im just trying to find a site with option b componients or anyone have the part number for res

Heat Index, Humidity and Temperature are different. I fail to see the contradiction.

I guess I should make sure my car doesnt get skin cancer with the UV index too.
hes trying to tell your if its 90 degrees here ait1 is about 105 and ait2 is about 140 so it doesnt matter about if the heat is coming from the temp or humidity its still hot as hell.

Last edited by Darkmanx; 08-27-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM

LMAO, up north? im in ******* arkansas bro.

you guys are really misreading some ****. i wil get back in here later i have some stuff to do. go back and reread about my kit because you guys have some MASSIVE misinterpretations
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

hes trying to tell your if its 90 degrees here ait1 is about 105 and ait2 is about 140 so it doesnt matter about if the heat is coming from the temp or humidity its still hot as hell.
mine is the exact same and i dont have your humidity problems!

omg so much fail... so little time.

Hold on let me find my logs... jesus your making me get my laptop from my car.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
LMAO, up north? im in ******* arkansas bro.

you guys are really misreading some ****. i wil get back in here later i have some stuff to do. go back and reread about my kit because you guys have some MASSIVE misinterpretations
and your point?? does is snow there??? then its north lol, and cooler then down here. Im not misinterpretating your kit, I know what it does, im just gunna do my own route with the option B resivior, along with dual pass
Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 PM

ok real quick

i guarentee you mine is better than option B alone. i guarentee you that option B with the endplate would own my system. option B is for coolant expansion and nothing else. mine allows you to actually introduce DOUBLE the amount of fluid actually running through the system. i woudl bet my tank with a dual pass would exceed the performance of the option b with endplate.

i like the fact you guys are saying "well its hotter here so its not the same." dumbest argument ever.

READ-
both kits are designed to REDUCE HEAT SOAK. that is the case if its 30* outside or 500* heat soak is heat soak, and the goal is to make it take longer for it to set in. by mine having more fluid and it actually flowing through the system it will take LONGER to heat soak. do you freaking get it now?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 PM

mine is the exact same and i dont have your humidity problems!

omg so much fail... so little time.

Hold on let me find my logs... jesus your making me get my laptop from my car.
Unless your laptop has a site i can get a dual pass from or the part number for the reservour i dont care.

Quick Reply: Option B Kit