2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

OTTP stage 2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTTP stage 2 kit

okay, so Im getting the OTTP Stage 2 supercharger kit. I know that the H/E that I have now is not stock but I don't know what it is. I run about 187 degrees coolant temp right now on a 95 degree day at an average of 55mph with the AC turned off and the windows down. Do I need to get something else to make the car run cooler or will it be fine with what I got when I get the stage 2 kit?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:27 PM

The heat exchanger effects the intake air temps not the engine coolant temps. The aftermarket h/e hooks up to your intercooling system that cools down the incoming air when it passes through the intake manifold. Your engine coolant is a whole different system.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by skatin_boarding
The heat exchanger effects the intake air temps not the engine coolant temps. The aftermarket h/e hooks up to your intercooling system that cools down the incoming air when it passes through the intake manifold. Your engine coolant is a whole different system.
haha, that shows how ignorant I am of this stuff.
so, what would I need to do??

and if I get a new CPU, would it disable my alarm and other stuff like that or just not do anything to it or what?

Last edited by corn-popSS; 06-15-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Bump....
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 AM

also wondering the same
Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by b00sted06ss
also wondering the same
I'm anxious to get this done but I need some info about it before I do it and possibly screw something up.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by corn-popSS
haha, that shows how ignorant I am of this stuff.
so, what would I need to do??

and if I get a new CPU, would it disable my alarm and other stuff like that or just not do anything to it or what?
Install the stage II kit on your car, don't put in the new ecu just yet. Drive to the dealership and stay out of WOT, take it nice and easy. Swap out ecu's and have the dealer do a crank and security relearn. Have fun on the way home. Or you could just send OTTP your ecu and they'll upload the tune on it, this way you wont have to get the re-learn.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rivaladore
Install the stage II kit on your car, don't put in the new ecu just yet. Drive to the dealership and stay out of WOT, take it nice and easy. Swap out ecu's and have the dealer do a crank and security relearn. Have fun on the way home. Or you could just send OTTP your ecu and they'll upload the tune on it, this way you wont have to get the re-learn.
that works or you can do the security relearn ur self, imma look it up on how to do it, ive done it on my precobalt takes about 20 mins, and i will take it to the dealer to do a crankshaft case relearn, oh btw some dealers will be bitchy about it and wont do the crank relearn for ya if its not a gm tune :x so good luck with that and yeah for God's sake dont run the stage 2 pulley " 2.8 ":with out at least a heatexchanger and some exhaust mods...u gonna be getting a lot heat and thats not good, too many runs at high iat2s and u'll blow something up

Recommended Mods Along That :

*Dual Pass W/Opt B
* Big Heat Exchanger
* Maybe Header, Downpipe & Exhaust

If not u'll get little gain outta of it, its like a dog chasing its tail

That's All My Opinion , I will be installing my kit fully as soon as ottp sends me my pcm and opt. b
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 PM

alright, this stuff helped out a lot. I went to my local custom auto shop today and he told me that once I get all the stuff done that he can do the tuning...and he's real good at it. so, I'm just gonna have the stuff emailed to me by OTTP and then take it to him to do it.
would it be alright if I just took it easy for a while once I got it all done and kept an eye on my coolant temp?? and then if it's too high, I'll get a better heat exchanger...cause like I said before, I don't know what kind this one is.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by SunburstSS
that works or you can do the security relearn ur self, imma look it up on how to do it, ive done it on my precobalt takes about 20 mins, and i will take it to the dealer to do a crankshaft case relearn, oh btw some dealers will be bitchy about it and wont do the crank relearn for ya if its not a gm tune :x so good luck with that and yeah for God's sake dont run the stage 2 pulley " 2.8 ":with out at least a heatexchanger and some exhaust mods...u gonna be getting a lot heat and thats not good, too many runs at high iat2s and u'll blow something up

Recommended Mods Along That :

*Dual Pass W/Opt B
* Big Heat Exchanger
* Maybe Header, Downpipe & Exhaust

If not u'll get little gain outta of it, its like a dog chasing its tail

That's All My Opinion , I will be installing my kit fully as soon as ottp sends me my pcm and opt. b
You can run an OTTP stage 2 forever long without any cooling mods or exhaust and wont hurt anything. You just arent making the most of the kit. An extra heat exchanger wont run cooler temps but allow you to do back to back pulls without you're IAT2 going through the roof. Dual pass or if you really wanna get baller single pass and meth is what i recommend for cooling
Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
You can run an OTTP stage 2 forever long without any cooling mods or exhaust and wont hurt anything. You just arent making the most of the kit. An extra heat exchanger wont run cooler temps but allow you to do back to back pulls without you're IAT2 going through the roof. Dual pass or if you really wanna get baller single pass and meth is what i recommend for cooling
IAT2?? I don't know what that is. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the knowledge of these cars...I'm a dirtbike guy. today when I was puting in my new boost gauge, I had to take it to the shop to ask them what hose i was supposed to splice in to.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:03 PM

IAT2?? I don't know what that is. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the knowledge of these cars...I'm a dirtbike guy. today when I was puting in my new boost gauge, I had to take it to the shop to ask them what hose i was supposed to splice in to.
lol well iat2's are the temprature of the compressed air after it goes thru the supercharger, ur supercharger heats the air up and the ur intake manifold has laminovas to cool it down, thats where a heat exchanger and dual pass helps u out, it provides better cooling...so take my word and get as much u can from cooling mods coz u can never get enough with car
Old 06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by SunburstSS
lol well iat2's are the temprature of the compressed air after it goes thru the supercharger, ur supercharger heats the air up and the ur intake manifold has laminovas to cool it down, thats where a heat exchanger and dual pass helps u out, it provides better cooling...so take my word and get as much u can from cooling mods coz u can never get enough with car
Yup load up on the cooling mods to make the most of you're stage 2. Cooler intake temps= HP
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 AM

Yup load up on the cooling mods to make the most of you're stage 2. Cooler intake temps= HP
but would it mess it up if I ran it like it is with a stage 2 until I got more cooling mods if I just ran it easy?
when I get the stage 2 kit from OTTP (which I'm doing today or tomorrow) I can get a H/E for $150. should I go ahead and get it?? cause I don't wanna spend the money if I don't need to.

Last edited by corn-popSS; 06-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:08 PM

okay, I just went and measure the size of my h/e or intercooler or whatever you call it...here are the sizes: edge to edge - 27" x 8" x 2 1/2"
inside (also called core...i think) - 24" x 7 3/8" x 2 1/2"
that's not stock, right??
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Got Bewst?

but would it mess it up if I ran it like it is with a stage 2 until I got more cooling mods if I just ran it easy?
when I get the stage 2 kit from OTTP (which I'm doing today or tomorrow) I can get a H/E for $150. should I go ahead and get it?? cause I don't wanna spend the money if I don't need to.
You can run you're stage 2 for as long as you want with no cooling mods. As the intake temps rise the computer just pulls timing so it doesnt hurt you're motor. You don't NEED the heat exchanger. But it helps. I'm currently running an OTTP stage 2 with no cooling mods but have meth and dual pass going in very shortly
Old 06-17-2010, 03:17 PM

You can run you're stage 2 for as long as you want with no cooling mods. As the intake temps rise the computer just pulls timing so it doesnt hurt you're motor. You don't NEED the heat exchanger. But it helps. I'm currently running an OTTP stage 2 with no cooling mods but have meth and dual pass going in very shortly
how's it working for you with no cooling mods??
Old 06-17-2010, 03:41 PM

Methanol injection is one of the best cooling mods available, however u needa get properly tuned for it and thats one more thing to worry bout. So Its up to u
Old 06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Got Bewst?

Works great! Very happy with it. I raced a stock 05 SS/SC and pulled on it like nothing. I just hooked up my wideband this morning and it's running rig rich on top. Definalty a very safe tune they give you lol. So i would recommend a tune even without cooling mods. But sunburstss is right, you will need to be tuned after meth. But would recommend one regardless after seeing my wideband numbers
Old 06-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by skatin_boarding
wait so does coolant run through the h/e u have me questioning the way i set mine up
Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by blake05SS
wait so does coolant run through the h/e u have me questioning the way i set mine up
It sure does. How did you set it up?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:25 PM

im pretty sure that i just hooked it up to the stock radiator

not the intercooler

Last edited by blake05SS; 06-17-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM

If so it wont help your air inlet temps at all you may want to double check.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:32 PM

lol i feel stupid now haha what one is the radiator that one closest to the motor right? so what one is the intercooler
Old 06-17-2010, 04:42 PM

Works great! Very happy with it. I raced a stock 05 SS/SC and pulled on it like nothing. I just hooked up my wideband this morning and it's running rig rich on top. Definalty a very safe tune they give you lol. So i would recommend a tune even without cooling mods. But sunburstss is right, you will need to be tuned after meth. But would recommend one regardless after seeing my wideband numbers
so if it's just the stage 2 kit and no meth or nothing like that you don't need a wideband, right?
I'm just getting a tune for the stage 2 that OTTP emails me. Will I still need to get a wideband and all that good ****??

Quick Reply: OTTP stage 2 kit