2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ottp stage 2 mounts installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its threads like this that kill off vendors like flies on this site.
doesnt matter whos side you are on.
go look at the vendor section and see how many are actually active anymore.

about 2 major...
TTR and ZZP...
and 2 others...
Redline Goods, JM Auto Racing

Dead for 3 months to a year, go look at each ones last post! APlusPerformance, TurboWax, INTENSE-Racing.com, ZZ Performance, HP Tuners, Dezod Motorsports, Hahn RaceCraft, Xcelerated Concepts, THmotorsports, Black Cat Custom, 3B Spec, Over The Top Performance, R1 Concepts, Dejon Powerhouse, Backyard Turbo, DashBoss
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by C_A_D88
Yea johns a good guy, shops 30 mins from me, I know the whole story as well, shocking is an understatement, I think if everyone knew they'd loose a lot of buisness
Then tell the story or shut up about it
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not my story to tell boss, and its a public forum so nice try with that.
But Ottp will never get my buisness.

Powells products are far superior, he does all the r&d work and he's a stand up guy who will go WAAAAY out of his way to help u
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
^ I agree with that post 1,000%

Dont forget about Gloria either, she is more behind the scenes, but deffinitely a great person. Was fortunite enough to go out to dinner with the both of them. Very very nice people.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
parts get copied all the time by other vendors ottp wasent the first to copy powells mounts
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

I honestly dont give a ****, I understand powell has made alot of amazing items for this platform but the man aint even got a functioning website so I can buy them, and im not playing run around with gloria to get my order in, I tried that once before and didnt get a reply back for days. If he had a website to place my order on id bought something from him by now.

Last edited by Vander Nars; 11-16-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
I honestly dont give a ****, I understand powell has made alot of amazing items for this platform but the man aint even got a functioning website so I can buy them, and im not playing run with gloria to get my order in, I tried that once before and didnt get a reply back for days. If he had a website to place my order on id bought something from him by now.
word fasizzle in the mchizzam
Old 11-16-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I honestly dont give a ****, I understand powell has made alot of amazing items for this platform but the man aint even got a functioning website so I can buy them, and im not playing run around with gloria to get my order in, I tried that once before and didnt get a reply back for days. If he had a website to place my order on id bought something from him by now.
There's 2 of them TWO do u really expect them to get back to EVERYONE the day they email them?
Have some patience with um and theyll Definitly take care of u above and beyond any vendor thŕt I've ever felt with
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
PM me your real name or email and I will be pleased to check and see why we failed for you. At the same time, like C_D_88 says, we are two here, and it gets busy no doubt. I am online and available/accessible, I would guess, more than most vendors here. Gloria also has a NASCAR officialing gig in the summer, so generally we have an "outofoffice "reply set when she is away.

Some things take time, special custom parts for example. Sometimes we get stiffed by customers when we ship because its urgent for them and they dont pay. Sometimes customers ask for stuff that really takes a lot of work and has doubtful return. Automatic engine mounts to raise the powertrain for extreme slammed cars are an example.

We dont stock or resell other peoples parts either; unless we have it in stock for our customers in the race shop, thats not our business. You want headers or aeroforce gauges, try ZZP, we buy from them, they have good service. YOu want Koni shocks or intercooler pumps ( we get out pumps from Yates Motorsports) there are vendors out there.

For some folks who complain, well, sometimes when we review the complaint, it turns out that it was not quite what it was suggested happened.

In your case, I cant say until we can trace your history, and we dont work off screen names. Feel free as I say, to PM me.

I will say that it will be a cold day this winter if and when we decide to do ecommerce off the web site . This is the site that B.Rad is now tuning up.

Sorry it didnt work out for you.

The OTTP deal is a whole other story. The issues there will be a matter of public record, you just have to go look.
Enjoy your ride.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
PM me your real name or email and I will be pleased to check and see why we failed for you. At the same time, like C_D_88 says, we are two here, and it gets busy no doubt. I am online and available/accessible, I would guess, more than most vendors here. Gloria also has a NASCAR officialing gig in the summer, so generally we have an "outofoffice "reply set when she is away.

Some things take time, special custom parts for example. Sometimes we get stiffed by customers when we ship because its urgent for them and they dont pay. Sometimes customers ask for stuff that really takes a lot of work and has doubtful return. Automatic engine mounts to raise the powertrain for extreme slammed cars are an example.

We dont stock or resell other peoples parts either; unless we have it in stock for our customers in the race shop, thats not our business. You want headers or aeroforce gauges, try ZZP, we buy from them, they have good service. YOu want Koni shocks or intercooler pumps ( we get out pumps from Yates Motorsports) there are vendors out there.

For some folks who complain, well, sometimes when we review the complaint, it turns out that it was not quite what it was suggested happened.

In your case, I cant say until we can trace your history, and we dont work off screen names. Feel free as I say, to PM me.

I will say that it will be a cold day this winter if and when we decide to do ecommerce off the web site . This is the site that B.Rad is now tuning up.

The OTTP deal is a whole other story. The issues there will be a matter of public record, you just have to go look.
Enjoy your ride.
Do you make auto trans mounts for general rigidity?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by chrgdG5
Do you make auto trans mounts for general rigidity?
No, thats not the goal I was asked for, but it is a side effect. The concept expressed often that rigid mounts "increase torque" is nonsense. With a soft mount, once the motor moves in whatever direction (accelerating for example) it stops moving. That initial lost motion doesnt "lose torque".But no doubt, soft mounts isolate vibration and most folks are happy with that. There are a few who drag race their cobalts and would like to reduce the isolation to eliminate wheel tramp. Some want to lower their cars so much the axle angle is extreme the vibrations are bad , the cv's wear out quickly, and the only way to fix that is either to "drop the spindle" or raise the powertrain unit. What folks have asked for is a kit for slammed auto Cobalts to get the axles back to a reasonable angle parallel to the ground.

Probably best to start a new thread on it... I hope to get stuck back into the auto deal in the next few weeks, now that our LNF PCV unit work is done.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts

Enjoy your ride.
I never got my order placed so yall dont have my name, like I said u make great parts but without having a running website its a pain in my ass to order stuff from you. When I went to order a stg 1 tranny mount I got a reply from u telling me to msg gloria and it was like 2 or 3 days later I got a reply from her but I told her nvm that I got something else instead.