2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Performance loss

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance loss

I recently had my 05 in for some various issues that they flashed the ecm to fix. When I took the car in for service in the morning, it had tons of power and bottom end torque. The car used to be able to scald off the tires under exceleration in second gear no problem. When I picked up the car at the end of the day after the reflash, it seemed to perform ok, but the bottom end torque is gone. The car doesn't seem to have much get-up until it reaches about 3000rpm. I used to be able to race my buddy's stage II balt with no problem...now I'm ashamed to even try to race anything at all. The dealership says that there is nothing wrong with car, despite my repeated complaints. Any suggestions???
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Sell it, It's probably all in your head.

Many people get so used to their car that it seems slow...
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats how im starting to feel thats why im jumping on the mod train!!! in one week im istalling a stage 2 and having a catback magnaflow and i have the F5 cold air sitting in my cloest ready to intall!!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
Sell it, It's probably all in your head.

Many people get so used to their car that it seems slow...
I wasn't looking for sarcastic repsonses. If I show up at the dealership at 8am with a stock SS that eats up stage II cars, and return at 5pm to pick it up and it won't keep up with a rice burner, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their ECU flashes at the dealer??
Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by K-Man
I wasn't looking for sarcastic repsonses. If I show up at the dealership at 8am with a stock SS that eats up stage II cars, and return at 5pm to pick it up and it won't keep up with a rice burner, I think I know what I'm talking about.

i think there was something wrong, then they fixed it... now its normal

my car has never been to the dealer for service.. so, no. i usually try fixing it myself, and if i cant do it... i call my brother-in-law to come over and help (nissan master tech)

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 07-19-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

Your car could spin the tires from a ROLL in second gear ? Or from a 1st to 2nd shift? Do you have a limited slip diff?

Have you looked for any obvious vacuum leaks or checked and see if the bypass valve is stuck . I know all of this is unlikely , but im just tossin stuff out there . What was the reason for bringing the car into the dealer ? Did they do anything besides a flash ?

If its the flash then i was told by my dealer that they can't flash it back. Sounds like you will need a tune or find someone with a stock 05 tune that saved it somewhere .
Old 07-19-2007, 04:05 PM

He wasn't being sarcastic, it's true over a period of time. That's why some people can't stop modding is because it bugs them that the car doesn't feel as fast as it once did to them.

Oh and I call BS on your stock SS "eating up" a stage II SS. I know that all of the cars vary and what not, but if the car you raced was proper install and they have the driver mod then you would never "eat it up".