2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Pics Of My Twincharge Kit!! Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 PM
p7x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
It really depends on what he does to his engine to prepare for high boost. I am using the 10.0:1 with insane boost. The engine is being built to hold every bit of it but that is because we are planning for everything.
tru but i think we can all agree that you motor will be pretty "built". Im sure there would be no problems running 9.5:1. But just noticing the compression ratios of tons of boosted engines, in the 8's. I'm still relatively new to boosting a car but its something i've noticed.

When are you getting ur car back, im sure it will be worth the wait but its been a long time since you started this, obvioulsy dont need to tell you that but the whole community is dying to see what she can do.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:43 PM

ultimately id like to put some higher boost in the end. but im wondering if its possible to put pistons in that can hold high boost but as well if i ever decide to go back to stock i can just do it with a tune instead of having to swap out pistons again.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM

is it also worth to up the rpm putting in neutral balance shafts new valve springs valves,cams etc. would it be worth it in the end to gain that top end? i mean for the money it would take to do the work will the benefits be minimal? im also worried about too much heat, would the nitrous express ntercooler kit be enough or would you guys suggest more for the cooling down side of things.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BACK2GM
Better get some tracion mods too if you haven't already.
dude get some 245/45r17 DR's. Looks and function. giver!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 PM

i will do that when it get everything done... im really regreting not buying those rotas for $600 when the group buy happend. now ill be rushing to get some decent rims to put on my car this summer.. i seriously thought someone out there would have come out with some other rims that were light with our bolt pattern.. now im fearing im going to have to settle with a shitty rim to bridge me over till i find a decent one for cheap like that.
like 2k5ss said in another thread, it would be nice for a hub conversion to come out or something.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crossed over
i will do that when it get everything done... im really regreting not buying those rotas for $600 when the group buy happend. now ill be rushing to get some decent rims to put on my car this summer.. i seriously thought someone out there would have come out with some other rims that were light with our bolt pattern.. now im fearing im going to have to settle with a shitty rim to bridge me over till i find a decent one for cheap like that.
like 2k5ss said in another thread, it would be nice for a hub conversion to come out or something.
Grand am hubs have done by GM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 PM

what is there bolt pattern and also how much would it cost, do you know by any chance?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 PM

does anyone know how the forced air from the turbo gets into the engine? i dont see another intake manifold??? or does this get shot into the supercahrger throttle body?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:49 PM

yah, your turbo intercooler piping goes over the motor and than loops through the intercooler, and back up into your supercharger, so technically its a turbo feeding a supercharger

i am working on coming up the side on the passenger side, and down in to the fender well, which will give me access, so i shouldn't even be close to my hood, cuz thats what scares me about the hahn kit, is it crosses over the top
Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 AM

now how illegal is this kit in new york? lol i want it oo so badly tho
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 AM

its pretty much illegal to have it almost everywhere, but really how in the hell would a cop know enough about your car to know that... usually a cop would look for nitrous bottles and stuff like that. they wont ask you to flip your car over to see if you have a turbo. when you look under the hood with this kit it only will look like you have an intake at most, so id say your ok.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 AM

really? nice i wanna do this kit, but then that means i have to put higher flow injectors colder spark plugs, stronger axels, stronger clutch, stronger piston heads, connecting rods, new cam shafts and gears, better headgasket, and alot more jsut for supporting mods, now would this make the exhaust alot louder to i noticed theres no cat on the dp.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 AM

you can probably do without the cams and stuff, but they will only help in the end, yes the exhaust will be tons louder especially since a 3" exhaust will yield the best gains. its no doubt that this kit will be expensive when its all done properly but this car will be crazy fast when your finished with it if you decide to go this route.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 AM

well i probably wont be going this route anytime soon due to me still in high school making like little money, but im still trying to save for other things including lambo doors and gm stage 2, but i wont have that kind of money till the spring.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM

lol with the lambo doors, and gm stage 2 with installation you are already more than half way to the twincharge kit, but then again supporting mods are what gets expensive.. and you being in high school the gm stage 2 and little things like exhaust eventually and stuff will be more than enough for you.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 AM

anyone notice its a mitsubishi turbo??
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 AM

lol yeah we all noticed... if you go back a page or 2 itll tell you that mitsubishi has been making turbos for hahn for many years now.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 AM

damn you an your pot stirring pics. argh. if I wasn't throwing soo much cash into this new house that I don't even have built yet argh. please let us know the load out of the cash paid totals of all parts involved if possible.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:28 AM

That thing is absolutely beautiful. I like how the orange would look great inside the engine compartmet of my orange ss.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by crossed over
lol with the lambo doors, and gm stage 2 with installation you are already more than half way to the twincharge kit, but then again supporting mods are what gets expensive.. and you being in high school the gm stage 2 and little things like exhaust eventually and stuff will be more than enough for you.
ya yo i was voted nicest ride in my school for yearbook and yeah i want it to be hotter with teh lambos, a really hot chick cmae to my car today asking for a ride one day b/c the car is so hot and she wanted my number so i gave it to her lol so yeah i want lambos so badly
Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM

So here's an idea- TAG is working on the Whipple SC swap...how sweet would it be to have the twincharger paired with that? and i heard about the eaton sc restricking boost from the turbo in this kit...so does the turbo just push the SC to its maxium efficent boost? what if you had a control near the throttle body which would switch over to straight turbo at high rpms and shut down the SC until the rpms drop? Like a sperate feed going into the throttle body maybe running under the SC? thats just a theory. I've been wanting to be twin charged since before i bought my Balt guess im just trying to understand it. I not a mechanic...and this is my first tuner - so if i subjested something stupid don't shot me.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:29 PM

hahaha i was thinking that exact same thing just today man!! i was wondering what it would be like if we put a stronger blower in that combo. what does everyone think??
as for expenses, 2200 so far. im thinking when its all done the way i want it. maybe like 6k canadian for me, but maybe a lil more.. ill definately keep you posted on that. when its time ill have tons of pics,video etc.!!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by SSKobald
So here's an idea- TAG is working on the Whipple SC swap...how sweet would it be to have the twincharger paired with that? and i heard about the eaton sc restricking boost from the turbo in this kit...so does the turbo just push the SC to its maxium efficent boost? what if you had a control near the throttle body which would switch over to straight turbo at high rpms and shut down the SC until the rpms drop? Like a sperate feed going into the throttle body maybe running under the SC? thats just a theory. I've been wanting to be twin charged since before i bought my Balt guess im just trying to understand it. I not a mechanic...and this is my first tuner - so if i subjested something stupid don't shot me.
That would be stupid. If you had a twin screw, the only thing a turbo would do is serve as an exhaust restriction

Back on topic, what size injectors are you using? 72#? 84#???
Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 AM

60 lbs an hour will be mroe than sufficient i think
Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 AM

I don't know about that. On a cold night my injectors run at 85% duty cycle.

Quick Reply: Pics Of My Twincharge Kit!! Enjoy!