2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: How much power will I have
Less then 260 hp
17.24%
Between 260HP - 275HP
38.79%
Between 275HP - 300HP
26.72%
Engine goes boom (I pray that it doesn't)
17.24%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Player 1 comes to life

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanna change the pistons before I try to bring up to the 300 range.

next year I'll do axles, clutch and flywheel.

then something to better cool the engine and charger
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by distillion
ill meet you guys there, i need my morning coffee!! ;P
Need a date? I'm available
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.
so much for tuning.
yer amazing header didnt fit, and did NOT have a spot for the egr..??
yer flex pipe is fuct and ripped to shreds, yer cat is fuct your your intake fits worse than mine did.
this all explains yer shitty dyno numbers this moring and if mase didnt notice your flex pipe and cat( you can shake the dp and hear **** rattleing and shifting around) your motor could of been blown.
awesome jbody quality parts
Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM

wow.
so much for tuning.
yer flex pipe is fuct and ripped to shreds, yer cat is fuct your your intake fits worse than mine did.
this all explains yer shitty dyno numbers this moring and if mase didnt notice your flex pipe and cat( you can shake the dp and hear **** rattleing and shifting around) your motor could of been blown.
Who are you refering to? Explain?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:01 PM

wow.
so much for tuning.

so im guessing the tune went south?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:04 PM

So the huge JBP header didn't fit? And the Tag tune wasn't what it was supposed to be?
Everything that could go wrong, went wrong?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:04 PM

wow.
so much for tuning.
Haha, I agree. Just look at the sig
Old 02-11-2007, 01:50 PM

no, tag didnt even get to tune the car cuz of all jbp exhaust issues.
busted dp, fuct cat, the type is stainless they use is not great at all, rust all over and insanely heavy.
the header is a joke, sure it looks kinda cool but it will hit the firewall if you actually take apart the car to make it fit, so if it is installed it will bang the fire wall when the engine shifts and that would annoy the hell outt me sorry ed, ive had enough about hearing all the issues you have gone through, get some tested parts from someone else and tune the car at tag when its ready. no where in the instructions show the header actually installed....
sketchy!!!!
yer base dyno makes sense now. huge restriction in the dp thanks to the destroyed flex pipe.
im sick of vendors ripping off people.

i hope yer cams prove to be better than everyhting else you bought from jbp....

Last edited by distillion; 02-11-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 PM

I had a feeling the header wouldn't fit.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 PM

thats ****** retarted....we have never been more proud of one of our products than the ecotec header we made or some **** like that....
Old 02-11-2007, 06:04 PM

I didn't want to say it...but I think I'm gonna have to...Sorry Ed, but I told you so!!

Mev, stick to J-Bodies. You obviously have no business messing with LSJ's!!

Oh and I also found out something else - Jim at Tag is fantastic bringing out new products but Mase is the guy tuning these cars and he's doing some bang up **** right now . Mesiam, if you're reading, I have a new found respect for you - and f**k anybody who talks **** about you!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
RG4

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
I didn't want to say it...but I think I'm gonna have to...Sorry Ed, but I told you so!!

Mev, stick to J-Bodies. You obviously have no business messing with LSJ's!!

Oh and I also found out something else - Jim at Tag is fantastic bringing out new products but Mase is the guy tuning these cars and he's doing some bang up **** right now . Mesiam, if you're reading, I have a new found respect for you - and f**k anybody who talks **** about you!!!
X2 man def have to agree mesaim def doin a kick ass job at tuning
Old 02-11-2007, 06:57 PM

mase has been studyin hpt since it has came out, he runs a few tunes in his car, the 87 tune is sweet for winter, he was right all along about "my other tune"
him and i always got along well no matter how sticky some situations were, hes a good guy with a great grasp of hpt and helps design some cool parts too.
Jim is wicked at making random parts and learned ALOT about these cars in such a short period and TESTS everthing before he sells it, which is why im sticking to mase and jim at tag and giving a big F.U. to all these pretenders.
i could gaurentee if mase didnt notice the exhaust issues the car woulda blown and tag would be blamed for someone elses bs mistake.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM

cant forget about crazy Mel;P LOL
Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 PM

hey hey, I can't take the credit. Jim's the brains behind the operation, I just brought my knowledge of HP Tuners to the table and little of what I've learned in Engineering.

Ang, I got a set of injectors lined up for you.

Thanks for the kind words guys
Old 02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned

dont tell me mase works at tag..
Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 PM

what the issue?
he helps out there when he can, the guy knows his **** bro...
Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 PM

let me just clear things up, Mr. Matty finch stole $500 from me and $500 from Ron off the RLforum and he claims I got all the money back, but I got it from my credit card after I put in a claim. I think I gave him a month to send me my parts and in the end nothing. Just do a search on the RLforum.com for mattyfinch. Of course he's gonna say paypal refunded me the money, I would love to see a screen shot of your paypal.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:30 AM

when are you guys fixing and tunning eddies ride, would actually like to see the car not have any faulty aftermarket parts and pull some decent numbers.....
Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Update.

the cat is fine, it's only the flex pipe that is fuckt. and yes the header doesn't fit, I'll be returning it tomorrow. and the stainless steel is fine anyone who drives al year round like me is going to have surface rust like mine, if it were polished it would further reduce that, but like I said it's 304 stainless, it'll take 20 years before it actually starts to rust.
as for the flex pipe, I don't know if JBP fuckt up and ordered the wrong flexpipe or if Zorro muffler put in the wrong flex pipe. that will be determined tomorrow when I go talk to JBP.

Today after work around 5:30 I'll be at Tag getting a new turbo flex pipe installed and the car will get tuned too.

tomorrow I'll be giving the bill to JBP for the flex pipe. beleive me I'm more pissed then anyone else on this, but I want to make sure everything has been looked into before I start pointing fingers. beleive me, any **** ups will be delt with.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 AM

my exhaust looks like it came right outta the box bro, and thats over a year of it being installed....
i dont think you need that thick of an exhaust its its a good grade of stainless....
if i were you id be getting sick of your car ******* up all the time.
for a comapny to sell parts and not test them the way they should is bullshit.
you cant asy this looks good or this may fit or it could last....
testing must be done and im convinced nothing of the sort has happened, you of all people should know....
how many things have gone through the shithole with yer car yet you keep goin back and spending money only to be out of a car for days on end when something breaks. talk to some of the cavy/ sunfire guys or some solstice guys, maybe they can shed some light if I or all of the GTA members here cant.....

ps, ill reach tonite to check out yer new power
sorry about the rant, im just being honest and a friend.

Last edited by distillion; 02-12-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 PM

my exhaust looks like it came right outta the box bro, and thats over a year of it being installed....
i dont think you need that thick of an exhaust its its a good grade of stainless....
if i were you id be getting sick of your car ******* up all the time.
for a comapny to sell parts and not test them the way they should is bullshit.
you cant asy this looks good or this may fit or it could last....
testing must be done and im convinced nothing of the sort has happened, you of all people should know....
how many things have gone through the shithole with yer car yet you keep goin back and spending money only to be out of a car for days on end when something breaks. talk to some of the cavy/ sunfire guys or some solstice guys, maybe they can shed some light if I or all of the GTA members here cant.....

ps, ill reach tonite to check out yer new power
sorry about the rant, im just being honest and a friend.
mike, man first of all I am pissed, because I don't rant on the forum doesn't mean I'm not pissed.
I'm going to deal with this, but blowing up isn't going to get me anywhere.

the CAt back is completly fine. the Cat were going to check when we replace the flex pipe.
JBP is going to be billed for all of that, and I'm sure he'll pay for no questions asked.
Gauge of the steel is the same as all other 3" stainless steel exhaust out there.
and as for your exhaust.
remember what I said before. polished surface will not hold as much surface rust as none polished. ( but surface rust is common on any car that is driven as much as I do, means nothing to a S.S. exhaust ) plus I have 20 000km on this exhaust already.
give it time you you'll get surface rust too. (not a big deal)
as for the other stuff, I'll take care of it.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 PM

hope so man.
ill catch ya later tonite.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by player_1
Update.

and the stainless steel is fine anyone who drives al year round like me is going to have surface rust like mine, if it were polished it would further reduce that, but like I said it's 304 stainless, it'll take 20 years before it actually starts to rust.
Eddie sorry to say, but my exhaust is a much better grade than yours, and didn't come close to costing me what you paid. I already had my car out on the road with no rust issues so far. Mev cheaped out on ya buddy - that's his style. Hit your wallet up and screw ya over on crappy quality parts. Your not the only one, just another one in his pile of bad business.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:31 AM

what do you know about exhausts, you kept tellin people you hada full header back years ago and you told people it was boosted when it wasnt and when they asked to see under the hood you made up a lame excuse..."to much power bro, the hood might fly up and hit you in the face bro" hahahaha. jokes cliff;P
but eddies cars is ****, it dosnt like hpt and would not connect to get a custom tune, so they flashed there 2.7 tune, car runs super rich at 10:0 so there is room or lots of improvment with tuning.
his dyno was 205 hp i belive and 220 tq.
tag fiexed his down pipe issues.. (fuct cat and blown flex pipe)
also he was sold a 2.5 resinator instead of the 3 inch he though he bought....
tag is on the ball tomorrow to see why hpt is havin issues loggin on to cars over the past few days, eddies car will finally run right in the near future!
he can expalin all the lil tibits of details i missed, i just gave the meat and patatoes of the night, ed, yer car is a ****!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Player 1 comes to life