2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: How much power will I have
Less then 260 hp
17.24%
Between 260HP - 275HP
38.79%
Between 275HP - 300HP
26.72%
Engine goes boom (I pray that it doesn't)
17.24%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Player 1 comes to life

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the advise, I'll look into that
Old 02-21-2007, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, something very interesting is going on here. I posted twenty minutes ago and now the post is missing...

Oh well, here it is again.

Thanks for coming on here and letting us know what's going on. It still kinda sucks that we don't know what's going on completely. I still have to decide if I should drive down to Jersey this weekend and pay $350 to get tuned. Am I throwing my money away? It would be nice to see Mev on here commenting on the situation. Some of us have decent money dumped into their products and now there's big question as to whether or not they will stand up to the claims of how great they are. One thing I don't get is how people keep saying that specs weren't provided for these cams. Mev posted months ago in the JBP Cam Tech thread regarding those:

Originally Posted by JBP
Our TriFlow mode specs are released for the first time! Please note that our TriFlow Technology contains a primary and secondary intake lobe profile. Revolutionary first in camshaft technology.

PRIMARY INTAKE
ADV
264* 418L
@.050
209*

SECONDARY INTAKE
ADV
256* 417L
@.050
202*

PRIMARY EXHAUST
ADV
256* 417L
@.050
202*
Old 02-21-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well from my understanding i was told he dosnt tell anyone.... so i dunno, i guess he did in that thread so my bad.
the question is was there info on them when they were installed on Eds car and are they the same setup as what he is selling now?
also note what jbp states...
are tryflow specs are released for the first time??!!
what does that mean?
people bitching at him to finally release the specs??
fishy imo.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by player_1
remember I was a tester for the cams, and from the stock dyno's you can see it made power, and lost on the top end, we thought it was just a need for tuning, we'll see once I get a set of stock cams and tune again, only then will I know for sure what's happening.
I think most of our issues are that if you are the tester and things are still being tested why are they doing goup buys and whatnot on untested/unproven cams.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:13 PM

so ur car is ok now
Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 PM

I just want to know if I have the same spec cam in my car that Ed is having problems with. I have no problem going down to dyno the cams and let everyone know what kind of power I make, but I'm not going to just throw my money away. I need Mev to get on here and give us an idea of what is going on and why. I need confirmation that I'm not going to waste my time this weekend, ya know...

Straight from their website:

"ALL our camshafts come with a limited 5-year warranty from any manufacturing defects or design flaws. Guaranteed performance, our cams are meticulously designed and perfected."

I don't think they would start up a GB with unargueably great prices just to shoot themselves in the foot. I just need some input straight from the manufacturer, not word of mouth...

Last edited by Edubs; 02-21-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-21-2007, 05:54 PM

^^ that warranty only applies to the company making the cams, not JBP. There's a clause that protects Mev from us going to him. Ask Player 1 how long he's been waiting for his new springs from JBP.

JBP is a crook and no one should deal with him. He takes your money, makes you wait and gives you **** in return. I no have five friends that he has completely screwed over. You want to know by how much? One guy got ****'d for $9,000, another got a half built motor with stock parts put back into it and one guys motor blew. Mev claimed it was him turning up the boost, but in fact, it was JBP's shitty build on his motor.

I'd take those cams and send them right back Edubs.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM

so I either have to wait for the stock cores, or for someone else to get tuned with the cams that will be the only way to tell for sure
I should be able to tell you how things go by Friday night, Saturday at the latest.

Originally Posted by Edubs
I don't think they would start up a GB with unargueably great prices just to shoot themselves in the foot. I just need some input straight from the manufacturer, not word of mouth...
x2!

Player1, I really hope that things work out for you, I know how it feels to get your hopes up in anticpation to something that could potentially be great and then have them shot down. Again, I wish you the best of luck and I will get everyone here my results ASAP, whether they be good or bad. Obviously, if there is more than one person having similar issues with the cams then there is a cause for concern, if it is just one car, then I'm not sure what to say the problem is. I'll post in this thread and start a new one for everyone.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by distillion
well from my understanding i was told he dosnt tell anyone.... so i dunno, i guess he did in that thread so my bad.
the question is was there info on them when they were installed on Eds car and are they the same setup as what he is selling now?
also note what jbp states...
are tryflow specs are released for the first time??!!
what does that mean?
people bitching at him to finally release the specs??
fishy imo.
Mike read it again it says our tryflow specs are released for the first time! lol.
and it was posted months ago

Originally Posted by cavalierss
^^ that warranty only applies to the company making the cams, not JBP. There's a clause that protects Mev from us going to him. Ask Player 1 how long he's been waiting for his new springs from JBP.

JBP is a crook and no one should deal with him. He takes your money, makes you wait and gives you **** in return. I no have five friends that he has completely screwed over. You want to know by how much? One guy got ****'d for $9,000, another got a half built motor with stock parts put back into it and one guys motor blew. Mev claimed it was him turning up the boost, but in fact, it was JBP's shitty build on his motor.

I'd take those cams and send them right back Edubs.
Cliff Shut your trap, Mev has come clean with me on anything that gone wrong, and I have no worries about that. If there is something wrong with the cam design, He'll fix it.

as far as my Valve springs go, the only reason I waited so long, Is because Ferrea didn't have valve springs. they were being made. it took them 3 weeks to make 4 sets that JBP ordered.
(which work great)
it was the Bates Valve spring that screwed me over. which has nothing to do with Mev.

Originally Posted by DTM2188
I should be able to tell you how things go by Friday night, Saturday at the latest.

x2!

Player1, I really hope that things work out for you, I know how it feels to get your hopes up in anticpation to something that could potentially be great and then have them shot down. Again, I wish you the best of luck and I will get everyone here my results ASAP, whether they be good or bad. Obviously, if there is more than one person having similar issues with the cams then there is a cause for concern, if it is just one car, then I'm not sure what to say the problem is. I'll post in this thread and start a new one for everyone.
Thanks I hope things go better for you then it did for me.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 AM

sick
i was a lil unsure and found it wierd, thanks for the clear up, but you haev had the cams for more than a few months back, watever as long as yer being looked after and things get figured out and resolved .
so what aer you gonna do now??
Old 02-22-2007, 12:26 PM

either wait for a set of stocker to come in and try to tune with the staockers. if I make more power, then mev goes back to the drawing bored, and fixes it or refund the money.

right now it's not hurting the car by driving with them, so I'm OK.

the other thing is, if someone else gets dyno'd and is having the same issues, then I'm sure he'll look into finding out what is wrong
Old 02-22-2007, 12:34 PM

i hope thigns work out man, over the past i have seen some bad remarks, but i do understand they are busy, i do see he is trying to fix any problems hes had
Old 02-22-2007, 12:36 PM

Ed, have you been in contact w/ Mev recently? If so, you should ask him to get on this thread and enter the convo. I'm sure he doesn't want to come on here and catch a bunch of ****, but it would be nice to see him on here trying to interject his opinion and stand behind his products...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 PM

eddie, any idea on why you are running almost 30 degress hotter than me at wide open throttle, that can be one of the reason why your numbers are suffering and im not sure if cams would have anything to do with that....
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Im suspicious of a company that wont put their own products on their own vehicles.

I hope it all works out in the end player 1
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM

People need to stop coming on here and just throwing accusations around. If you know something, then just don't say a comment referring to it when other people have no idea what you're referring to. It might as well be B.S. unless you actually have facts to back up your comments…

Sorry for sounding like an ass, but these comments are either coming from ignorance or someone with an inside scoop. If there’s an inside scoop, the rest of us would like to know!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM

The heat may be a factor as well, ever since I've had the cams installed, I've run a little hotter then stock.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
JBP
Banned

Guys, Ed just called me and informed me about this thread. Without going through all the pages and reviewing all the information and <i>misinformation</i> posted I have to say that Ed's definately been through a lot, and we've been through it with him. We've always tried our best to cut him a break whenever **** went wrong that wasn't even our fault, and when things were our fault, we've always sucked it up and compensated him for whatever might have ailed him. I haven't been on the forum for 4 - 5 days now, because we're just so busy with Rod's car. Obviously, I don't have time to respond to banter but most of the **** talking is one-sided and brought on by collective select groups.

Whatever the outcome of Ed's car, good or bad, we wont stop until he is running to full potential. I don't have to tell Ed this because he knows how I work and that he's always going to be taken care of.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM

I am going to save my JBP comments until I see the outcome of the Vic_Red project. That is your opportunity to redeem yourself and prove that your the builder you claim to be!

As for the rest of the parts...Cams, Header, Exhaust, etc. As far as I am aware Ed IS the tester for these items, so problems are more than likely going to arise when your the first to own something. This goes for parts from most companies. As long as JBP honors thier mistakes and mishaps, I don't see a huge issue. It's a risk that Ed was willing to take in being the first.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Thank you for coming on and saying your piece Mev.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs
Thank you for coming on and saying your piece Mev.
You're too nice...I read this thread and all I can do is shake my head in disgust. Ed, you deserve better IMO. But if you're happy, then I support you!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
You're too nice...I read this thread and all I can do is shake my head in disgust. Ed, you deserve better IMO. But if you're happy, then I support you!!!

I think the key word is that player 1 is the tester. Yes there are problems, but...he is the tester. As long as they fix this problem, i don't see anything wrong.

I look at Injen, they are a great example. The first intake they designed for the car was never tested. Lots of people had problems and had to send them back to injen (my-self included). Yet, for some reason everyone still says they are the best intake, i think alot had to do with customer service. If JBP is offering player 1 excellent service, whats th problem?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
I have nothing to be mad about yet...

I requested the guy come on here and make a comment, he did. I'm pretty happy with the fact that he seems like he's going to stand behind his product. We'll just have to see how DTM and myself end up after we dyno.

The heat may be a factor as well, ever since I've had the cams installed, I've run a little hotter then stock.
I assume you're referring to coolant temps? Anyways, mine have been right around the same as they were before I had the cams installed. 180 on average...

I wish you the best of luck, and I think you're going to come through this, eventually, with a bad ass car.

Last edited by Edubs; 02-22-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by JMAc88
I think the key word is that player 1 is the tester. Yes there are problems, but...he is the tester. As long as they fix this problem, i don't see anything wrong.

I look at Injen, they are a great example. The first intake they designed for the car was never tested. Lots of people had problems and had to send them back to injen (my-self included). Yet, for some reason everyone still says they are the best intake, i think alot had to do with customer service. If JBP is offering player 1 excellent service, whats th problem?
This is more than just cams.... anyways im not gonna get into this
Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Player 1...which bates valve springs were u using? which model number?

Also which retainer and seat

what were u doing for lash adjusters?

Quick Reply: Player 1 comes to life