2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Please help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your torque is through the roof though lol
Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TStone
Knowing him, he prolly had race gas in it.. just kidding..
but yes, he did acheive those numbers.. But I always see him claiming numbers he can't prove.. He can prove some good numbers though, like what you're talking about, like the kid with stock turbo making 362.. but i have never seen TVS numbers from him.. but i'm done with this argument. It's gonna get us no where..
I'm nearly twice your age.

Originally Posted by carstedt
my car rarely got beat on..it say redline mayb a couple times unless i was spinning..it blew to MY own stupidity for now upgrading my fueling from 80's to 1000's when my 80's were maxed and not uprgrading the fuel pump hell im still on the stock fuel pump with this set up cuz i havent put my new 1 in...so it had nothing to do with his tune it was my own fault...so before u go around saying i beat on my car u should prolly know how i drive it..ive put up lik 3 videos and all of them were basically jus me trying to catch traction not takin it to redline and as far as numbers who knows wut i put down i nvr take mine to the dyno cuz thers no real need to i prolly have 1 of the highest hp tvs cars without a nitrous shot if not mayb more than sum with nitrous and its mostly thanks to james tuning my car and ill reccommend him to anyone that needs a tune
We should run when you get back.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah understand, tvs makes decent power but longer rev is where the powers at with a decent afr ramp and a good amount of timing..
Originally Posted by ramrod1337
JAMES, I live 25 minutes from him, let me get my injectors seals on tune for full e then well see how his tvs holds up ahahha. But no joke Tom does know the tvs setup.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
I'm nearly twice your age
lol sweeeet
Oh you're the "kid" that made 362! Ahaha
Old 06-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Your torque is through the roof though lol
This is true my guess would be 370 to 400 on torque, the e47 tune on my car pulls hard now but I don't think James is happy with my shitty E so were going full E.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Yeah understand, tvs makes decent power but longer rev is where the powers at with a decent afr ramp and a good amount of timing..
Oh I know, I just want a decent e tune and a decent 93 tune. Then once I hit you up for a clutch and maybe some head work we will push harder. I got a back up car now but don't have the money for repairs if I blow my car. But what the hells a warranty for ahahahah.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
:

We should run when you get back.
sure ull prolly beat me but its all in fun anyways so im game!! although u gotta wait till next year since im currently in afghanistan at the moment (im still kicking myself for not being home to get ur stock rims haha)
Old 06-14-2012, 04:31 PM

A little update... Here is how it runs now...
Lol - YouTube

Replaced MAF with a brand new one..
Replaced front o2 with a new one..
and then...... then..... took my DP off, did nothing else, put it back on, did nothing else, and car ran just perfect.. let the car sit for an hour, come back and it still runs perfect.. Later that night I go to get it out to take it to a local cruise inn, and it bogs down and stalls again as I pull out of my driveway...

I had someone look over my tune, and they said the way the MAF was tuned or whatver, was kinda rough. They said have the MAF cleaned up in the tune.. Going to do that tomorrow. But, do you think if the MAF wasn't tuned right, that it would cause this problem?

Also, someone else mentioned something else about my front o2 going bad. I replaced it and it didn't do anything. They said something about it going into a "closed loop" and then it doesn't run because it failed its tests..

What's everyone think..?
Codes i've been getting...
P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Sensor 1 -PCM
P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Sensor 1 -PCM
P1101 Intake Air Flow System Performance -PCM
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1, Sensor 1

Alsooooo.. if I can get it fixed by the 23rd, I plan to hit the rollers then!

Last edited by TStone; 06-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM

A little update... Here is how it runs now...
Lol - YouTube

Replaced MAF with a brand new one..
Replaced front o2 with a new one..
and then...... then..... took my DP off, did nothing else, put it back on, did nothing else, and car ran just perfect.. let the car sit for an hour, come back and it still runs perfect.. Later that night I go to get it out to take it to a local cruise inn, and it bogs down and stalls again as I pull out of my driveway...

I had someone look over my tune, and they said the way the MAF was tuned or whatver, was kinda rough. They said have the MAF cleaned up in the tune.. Going to do that tomorrow. But, do you think if the MAF wasn't tuned right, that it would cause this problem?

Also, someone else mentioned something else about my front o2 going bad. I replaced it and it didn't do anything. They said something about it going into a "closed loop" and then it doesn't run because it failed its tests..

What's everyone think..?
Codes i've been getting...
P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Sensor 1 -PCM
P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Sensor 1 -PCM
P1101 Intake Air Flow System Performance -PCM
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1, Sensor 1

Alsooooo.. if I can get it fixed by the 23rd, I plan to hit the rollers then!
If your AF gauge isn't broke then I would say you are not getting enough fuel. Could be your tune or could be something else. If its in your tune the yea it would be your MAF table.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by startingline05
If your AF gauge isn't broke then I would say you are not getting enough fuel. Could be your tune or could be something else. If its in your tune the yea it would be your MAF table.
Any idea what the "something else" could be?
Also.. a buddy of mine hooked his HPT up to the car the other night and was looking through the tune.. (bare with me as I know nothing about HPT/Tuning) He was looking at the Maf "table" I guess, something related to the maf, and it was at like -5.. As soon as he saw that, he instantly said that that was the problem.. Opinions?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:46 PM

Any idea what the "something else" could be?
Also.. a buddy of mine hooked his HPT up to the car the other night and was looking through the tune.. (bare with me as I know nothing about HPT/Tuning) He was looking at the Maf "table" I guess, something related to the maf, and it was at like -5.. As soon as he saw that, he instantly said that that was the problem.. Opinions?
I was just saying its obvious that your not getting enough fuel. I was guessing it could be the tune in which it would prob have something to do with your MAF table. And I said or something else because it can be many of things that have nothing to do with the tune. Are you on a base tune or did someone tune you? Did you ever replace your mad MAF? If you got tuned was it tuned on your bad MAF? and now that you have a good MAF it could completely change. Do you have a leak where there is air from the atmospher coming in after the MAF? There are a lot of things it can be, and this isn't even half of them. There can be a lot of different reasons why your not getting enough fuel. You might want to just take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 PM

Car ran fine.. got it tuned.. 2 days later it starts fuckign up.. replaced maf, and now it runs like this.. I will be getting retuned tomorrow with my new maf.. and I am completely tuned, no base file.. and no leaks that I know of.. I can't find any..
Old 06-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Then it seems like when you got tuned on your bad MAF he had to make huge corrections just to get it to run right. Now that you have a perfectly working MAF those corrections have your MAF table so screwed up compared to a good MAF that now your car is doin this. Hopefully that's all it is now.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 PM

Does a maf just.. go out?
Because car had been running fine.. then I got tuned and car still ran fine.. didn't touch it the next day.. wouldn't start the next day..
Could the maf just.. randomly stop working?
Although...... I did get a p1101 during tuning.. (maf out of frequency/intake air flow performance).. but car was still running fine..
Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 PM

Does a maf just.. go out?
Because car had been running fine.. then I got tuned and car still ran fine.. didn't touch it the next day.. wouldn't start the next day..
Could the maf just.. randomly stop working?
Although...... I did get a p1101 during tuning.. (maf out of frequency/intake air flow performance).. but car was still running fine..
The LTFT being +/- 5% isn't going to make the car stall, if anything you may feel it go into different trim boundaries. Did your buddy scan the car, was the 02 cycling, when it died did the maf sudden drop to 0hz. Maybe ask him to get a quick scan and post it up here, might spot something.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by CCrunner84
The LTFT being +/- 5% isn't going to make the car stall, if anything you may feel it go into different trim boundaries. Did your buddy scan the car, was the 02 cycling, when it died did the maf sudden drop to 0hz. Maybe ask him to get a quick scan and post it up here, might spot something.
Don't think he was talking about the ltft. He said his friend looked at his MAF table. Now I hardly know **** about tuning. But I can log all day lol but if his MAF table is in the negatives then you would think some **** is messed up tuning wise. Now if his ltft was only a negative 5 then I doubt his AFR gauge would have been lined out from being lean. If that was the case his ltft would be positive 20 on the scanner. But we will just see what happens when he goes back to his tuner.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Check your emissions fuse?

Also what brand o2 sensor did you get? I was chasing down an issue one time and I bought a new Bosch o2 sensor and it threw a code right away, put the original AC delco one in and no more code.

Last edited by rivaladore; 06-15-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 AM

Replace front o2 with a stock o2... But got some news... Replaced emissions fuse and the car ran absolutely perfect. Better than its ever ran before. Idled as smooth as butter.. Came back an hour later and it still ran perfect.. Came back 2 hours later and it was back to bogging down and stalling out..

So I think something is blowing my emissions fuse? After looking around on CSS about similar scenarios, they say a bare o2 wire could cause this.. So I plan on goin home today and covering the o2 wiring in tape as I'm getting tuned tonight.
A buddy said that the Ic pump runs off the emissions fuse and if an Ic pump goes out, it'll overloa the circuit and blow that fuse.. But I replaced my Ic pump a couple days before my car atarted ****** up the first time.

^^ replaced Ic pump because it was going out btw

Last edited by TStone; 06-15-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 AM

Front or Rear O2 could have a bare wire touching a heat shield when you turn or something.
Just tape all that **** up and see what happens.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad my advise helped
Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by rivaladore
Glad my advise helped
I did all that yesterday evening.. didn't read this thread again til this morning.. But either way, what you said helped me out :P Thanks

But as I said car ran perfect yesterday.. hour later still perfect.. couple more hours later it bogged down and died..

This morning, it didn't bog down and die, but it still idle'ed like poo poo.. It'd go into cammed mode for a second or two..

Drove home on break from work, it idle'ed better than this morning, but not quite as good as yesterday..

Still plan on just replacing the fuse with a brand new one (replaced it with the horn one the first time), and covering the wires in tape and maybe like a wire loom or something.. I guess too much couldn't really hurt it.. And still going to get tuned tonight.. Tuning could mean WOT tuning with my new meth nozzle, or it could just be getting the car running right.. We'll see..