2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: Would You Buy One?!
Yes I Would...
74.55%
No I'm Cheap...
7.27%
To Hell With The Supercharger, I'm Going Turbo
18.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

A Pled To Any and All Vendors...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, I still need to get intouch with fast98 to get hooked up with a returnstyle fuel system
Old 05-06-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea that rail fitting he has is classic..keeps a very good clean look..my car should be up saturday

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
We do have CNC machining capabilities and CNC mandrel bending here, we can look into this...
wow how did i miss this..thanks aaron..we have a couple ideas on how this SHOULD be..

as u can tell with me mentioning that it would be 600+ people have still said they feel its needed and would buy one. i think people will be very suprised the gains this will yield

Last edited by Raven SS; 05-06-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2008, 05:51 PM

Wow, this was an interesting read. lol. Hopefully somethin good comes out of this. I voted yes.

later
Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Omega_5
Port matching has been proven to show slight gains.
In the case of the LSJ, the IM is a fair size smaller than the head. Port matching in this case would be beneficial.

On other cars I've done this too, I've found a different gain other than power.... fuel economy. When pulling vacuum, the engine seems to like the constant area from the plenum to the head.I'm not sure if it would be the case with these cars.... but it's worth a try.

One word.... flow.
In the case you listed, it's not 100% about the IM or any of that, but the turbo has the potential to flow a higher rate, with less 'boost'.
Runner volume is very important in a N/A app, which is how our engine behaves during light throttle conditions. A solid consistent size runner is more important than a bigger one, and the actual size affects its ideal RPM range, along with valve size, displacement, compression ratio, cam profiles and such. Thats why I did a rough port match when I last had the intake off my car, the ports are MUCH smaller than the head, which is never good. Seeing as how our manifold is a plenum, and has no runners so to speak, the ports should really be opened until they are larger than the head, to move the restriction to the head, which would then have to be ported to see further flow gains.

I know you guys all jumped on me for asking questions, but this is what I was trying to get Raven SS to understand, that this feature of the stock manifold is bad. With properly matched ports, it will work quite well if you must maintaing the liquid-air I/C system.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 PM

this is what e46 bmw's are using along w/ a lysholm 1600ax s/c. maybe something along those lines as far as intake manifold.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
We do have CNC machining capabilities and CNC mandrel bending here, we can look into this...
I hope ya'll do that.