2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

porting my s/c RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
You are well versed in back tracking and trying to cover your tracks. You need to find some kind of filter between your brain and fingers buddy
Trying to blow smoke up my ass with b.s. and getting me off topic will not help your cause that....

the intake manifold is the bottleneck,
and porting the SC is useless because maximum displacement per outlet has been achieved

whether u put that supercharger 10,000 feet above or below sea-level changes nothing. Yet you insist i backtrack on something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
it doesn't matter what the system is pressure drop is necessary and inevitable (screw spelling class)

he isnt going to listen man, ive been trying. he will come back with a statement that says.

"yes, But, well, I meant this, your skewing words"
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

he isnt going to listen man, ive been trying. he will come back with a statement that says.

"yes, But, well, I meant this, your skewing words"
how can u compare the 2 pressures with the current application?

Thats like linking an underwater pipe pushing oil at 10000 PSI when it is under water at 120 PSI.

How is that linked?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81

Thats like linking an underwater pipe pushing oil at 10000 PSI when it is under water at 120 PSI.

How is that linked?
oh good lord
Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

im off to my meeting, good luck kids and think of something better

oh good lord
pwned

Last edited by rrutter81; 07-08-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 PM

wow this thread is still going at it...
Old 07-08-2008, 03:54 PM

pwned
um not pwned, you my friend need to read and learn before you come play with the big dogs.

I said oh good lord, because you keep back tracking and changin subjects

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
wow this thread is still going at it...
yes because apparently the school system rrutter went through focused more on changing focus of a topic to avert the attention of him being wrong and not actually learning

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 07-08-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 PM

What was the original thread about again?? I am feeling a little lost here. I admit I am a "newb" at all of this. I hope name calling is not required to "win" a point here, whatever the reward for that is..... Let's see if it makes sense to someone like me. If you smooth out the S/C passages, or inner surfaces, you enable the S/C to work more efficiently. Does this create less turbulence? Kind of the same reason for upgrading the exhaust. It becomes more efficient allowing more air to be pumped into and out of the motor, correct?
I might not be creating more HP, but am I allowing more "potential" HP? The air temps drop, and the air is more dense, correct? So, is this another benefit of polishing? Not sure about porting yet. It seems to me polishing the S/C is at least a decent supporting mod. Is it beneficial to increase the intake tubing to 3 inches, from whatever stock is, 2.5 or so inches?? Or is it just the larger air filter that helps. That whole argument about the engine being a large air pump.....pumping more volume, and colder air is potentially a benefit, correct?? Now, is it worth $400 ???? Debatable I guess.....
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM

pwned
Is your meeting, by chance, the pre-production strategy session for the implementation of DEI technology into future automotive platforms???
Old 07-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pully Police
Is your meeting, by chance, the pre-production strategy session for the implementation of DEI technology into future automotive platforms???

lol

I just thought of something too. With rrutters thought process I bet if he is driving down the street, and quickly opens his doors, the pressure differential will make the car fly, since they will act like wings. Thats probably why lambo's stopped using them on some cars, just too dangerous to have a lambo flying
Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 PM

You have yet to find anything ive said that is not correct at this thread.
Just for you, here is a compelation of FAIL for you.... you should scrap book it as a momento... then one day you can look back and see how silly you once were.

If you port the SC you will lose CFM
WRONG!

Porting the SC just drops the PSI allowing less condensed air in to the ignition cylinder
Bolded part... WRONG!

ANYONE who ports this m62 will lose HP
WRONG!

plug the holes with a tig welder
Not a performance gain... so WRONG!

Even if his IATs did drop, he would have to tune to account for the change and advance some timing for these "great" gains.
IT WILL NOT INCREASE PERFORMANCE.....
WRONG!

when u come up with dynos or even reasoning ill listen....
Being a dyno groupie.

Key is slightly....

1/2' all the way around is not "slight". Smoothing out flashings is really the best bet you have.
Contradicting.

you cant answer it off that alone.
Classic... after Area gave you everything to answer his question.

ok kids,

time for 3rd grade science.

Children lets do an experiment. Yes, you too can follow along at home and do this. We are going to explain to all these "math and engineering" whiz-kids what CFM, PSI, and why porting doesnt exist.

materials needed:
balloon
needle
scissors

ok before you blow the balloon up.... poke a needle sized hole in to that balloon. Dont blow it up BEFORE poking it (i have to explain this since 11+ pages and people cant grasp it)

now. Blow that balloon up and watch it leak air ever so slowly.

the air from your lungs to the balloon is like the eaton supercharger (lungs) in to the intake manifold (balloon). The air that is leaking (needle pin hole) is the proper CFM going to the cylinder.

Notice how little CFM or air comes out. Notice the PSI created from blowing the balloon up (intake)

ooooooo

Now, lets free that intake up and cut a hole where the needle hole is about the size of quarter. Again, blow up the balloon.

Thus creating more CFM (out of the bigger hole) and less PSI (balloon size)

now...

if you can afford another balloon. Lets try what everyone else was talking about.....

Open your mouth as wide as you can and blow that balloon up. Whats this?

can it be?

yup im sure of it. The same amount of PSI and CFM is flowing through the balloon (intake)

Now children, i am done gracing this thread with my intelligence and ridiculing you all on what CFM vs PSI vs Dimensions really means.

special thanks to my after-lunch smoke to come up with this little project
Fail experiment.

Blow that balloon up and put it in the freezer. THAT is intercooler pressure drop when it shrinks to the size of a pea"
Oh my!

k the world is flat too
I know it's sarcasm, but I'm on a roll here.

Ill be sure to remember that when i go to florida at the beach (0 psi) and watch the palm trees blowing in the wind.
Great that you understand average barometric pressure....

barometric pressure and psi are different.
FAIL!
(PSI is a measurement of pressure)

Your comparing barometric pressure of the earth to PSI....
Double the fail points for saying it twice!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
psi = pressure per square inch.

1 bar = 14.5 psi. or 1 atmosphere

kthnxbai
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM

I mean I am not here to take anyones side, but porting the inside of the housing will definately decrese HP. Now, if you polish the inside of the housing and P&P the snout youd see gains. Atmospheric pressure doesnt have anything to do with compressor efficiency. You gotta remember if the atmospheric pressure is some certain number, thats the pressure you are sucking into the blower AND out of the exhaust. If you are at sea level, its easier to suck air in and harder to push it out. In Denver it is harder to suck it in and easier to push it out. Really the argument here is which is the lesser of 2 evils? Neither. Its all about air density, atmospheric pressure once again has nothing to do with it. Yes you hear these guys up in the mountains going, "man I only see 12psi with GMS2, whats wrong?" If you think about it, for every revolution of the Eaton you are going to move one unit volume of air, no matter what the atmospheric pressure is. Now if you lived up in the mountains with a lower atmospheric pressure and could achieve the same air density as sea level, well then youd have an advantage at high altitude. If you could achieve a low psi at sea level where atmospheric pressure is higher then youd achieve the same effect.

Its the same thing as the myth of people moving to denver to train for the olympics or some ****. That doesnt do dick for you unless you have sea level air density going into and out of your lungs. This is why you always see those gatorade commericals with the athletes running on a treadmill with a hose in their mouth. Thats them being able to exhale into a lower pressure while breathing in from a higher one. Thats the only way athletes see benefit from training at high altitude. Same reason your car doesnt see any benefit from being at a particular altitude.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

How is that linked?
i meant barometric pressure vs psi of the container at hand.

How it was stated u get points, but on a really cheap level. Grasping for straws lol majorly grasping.

k im off
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Just my .02

This only applies to forced induction motors, motors that are NA, suffer from altitude density sickness. Forgot to mention that.

Last edited by lewisb13; 07-08-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by lewisb13
Just my .02

This only applies to forced induction motors, motors that are NA, suffer from altitude density sickness. Forgot to mention that.
that should be assumed, but I guess if you dont have experience in the subject it is a good point to raise
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM

http://www.ulpower.com/resources-isa.htm

Even talks about the differences in altitude for NA and boosted applications.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:39 PM

props that he is still going. you know rruter youd be a damn good politician.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Greased

Full of ****, and everyone know it but himself....

Oh... and the arguing thing too...
Old 07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

holy ****............. barometric pressure is measured in the same units as my boost gauge

KPA....... they are the same measurements... and you can convert them to PSI or any other measurement of pressure. doesn't matter.

and there is nowhere on eather with barometric pressure of 0. thats ******* ridiculous.

the pressure is what keeps the earth together, if we didn't have that pressure, it would break apart or "explode". (not violently, but come apart is what i mean) or some **** like that my teacher told me lol
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mss26
holy ****............. barometric pressure is measured in the same units as my boost gauge

KPA....... they are the same measurements... and you can convert them to PSI or any other measurement of pressure. doesn't matter.

and there is nowhere on eather with barometric pressure of 0. thats ******* ridiculous.

the pressure is what keeps the earth together, if we didn't have that pressure, it would break apart or "explode". (not violently, but come apart is what i mean) or some **** like that my teacher told me lol
uhm no....

gravity creates pressure due to the density of fluids (including air).

The moon has no psi yet it doesnt fall apart as you state.

People would lose their fluids if we didnt have pressure, hence the cavaties we have. This is all off topic.

Just my .02

k someone who is a bit more open minded, and is correct

I mean I am not here to take anyones side, but porting the inside of the housing will definately decrese HP. Now, if you polish the inside of the housing and P&P the snout youd see gains. Atmospheric pressure doesnt have anything to do with compressor efficiency. You gotta remember if the atmospheric pressure is some certain number, thats the pressure you are sucking into the blower AND out of the exhaust. If you are at sea level, its easier to suck air in and harder to push it out. In Denver it is harder to suck it in and easier to push it out. Really the argument here is which is the lesser of 2 evils? Neither. Its all about air density, atmospheric pressure once again has nothing to do with it. Yes you hear these guys up in the mountains going, "man I only see 12psi with GMS2, whats wrong?" If you think about it, for every revolution of the Eaton you are going to move one unit volume of air, no matter what the atmospheric pressure is. Now if you lived up in the mountains with a lower atmospheric pressure and could achieve the same air density as sea level, well then youd have an advantage at high altitude. If you could achieve a low psi at sea level where atmospheric pressure is higher then youd achieve the same effect.

Its the same thing as the myth of people moving to denver to train for the olympics or some ****. That doesnt do dick for you unless you have sea level air density going into and out of your lungs. This is why you always see those gatorade commericals with the athletes running on a treadmill with a hose in their mouth. Thats them being able to exhale into a lower pressure while breathing in from a higher one. Thats the only way athletes see benefit from training at high altitude. Same reason your car doesnt see any benefit from being at a particular altitude.
EXACTLY the apples and oranges comparison i was trying to avoid

Originally Posted by Omega_5

Full of ****, and everyone know it but himself....

Oh... and the arguing thing too...
some people are coming out of the wood work.

Originally Posted by Greased
i havent even really tried yet. Wait til they throw in real numbers to crunch

Last edited by rrutter81; 07-08-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM

uhm no....

gravity creates pressure due to the density of fluids (including air).

The moon has no psi yet it doesnt fall apart as you state.

People would lose their fluids if we didnt have pressure, hence the cavaties we have. This is all off topic.

k someone who is a bit more open minded, and is correct

EXACTLY the apples and oranges comparison i was trying to avoid

some people are coming out of the wood work.

i havent even really tried yet. Wait til they throw in real numbers to crunch

You agreeing with me on the second statement?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

You agreeing with me on the second statement?
so far so good

I liked the chart as well, and was about what i expected.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:22 PM

so far so good

I liked the chart as well, and was about what i expected.
I deal with this kind of thing alllll day long. You should see the ridiculous arguments I have to get into with Pump salesmen trying to "school" me on PSI. The pumps I **** with pump water, caustic soda, and Chlorine gas. I have done over 100 pump systems. I know a thing or 2 about efficiency, as a matter of fact I have 3 pump curves sitting on my desk right now. It doesnt matter what you are pumping, air, CL2, or whatever, all the rules are the same. This is a nice little thing we like to call physics.

Notice how that compressor efficiency map doesnt say dick about altitude.

Last edited by lewisb13; 07-08-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts

If you're ever selling your house, and some people come by, and a big rat comes out and he's dragging the rattrap because it didn't quite kill him, just tell the people he's your pet and that's a trick you taught him.

Quick Reply: porting my s/c RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK