2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

porting my s/c RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by restonSS
whatever. i think i did fine. I didnt even take that much out. i certainly dont feel as if ive lost any power, i feel as tho i gained a little down low but thats it. i already did it. its over and done with. all of you guys are right im sorry for even questioning you, thanks for calling me retarded and be a dick for absolutely no reason. couldnt just say i was wrong you had to act all tough and badass over the internet. congrats, you are the man.
meh, long as u didnt do anything drastic you probably didnt lose anything short of a 1/2 psi. Im just tired of the fail misinformation that is being shown about porting the SC. There is a reason no one shows dynos because they are losing HP....not gaining.

Im not pissed at you as much as the morons on here telling you to do it and that you will get SUBSTANTIAL gains.

you get as much HP from porting your SC as you would by putting a NOS sticker on your fender
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by restonSS
whatever. i think i did fine. I didnt even take that much out. i certainly dont feel as if ive lost any power, i feel as tho i gained a little down low but thats it. i already did it. its over and done with. all of you guys are right im sorry for even questioning you, thanks for calling me retarded and be a dick for absolutely no reason. couldnt just say i was wrong you had to act all tough and badass over the internet. congrats, you are the man.

hey, "thats what were here for buddy" j/k
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrutter81
meh, long as u didnt do anything drastic you probably didnt lose anything short of a 1/2 psi. Im just tired of the fail misinformation that is being shown about porting the SC. There is a reason no one shows dynos because they are losing HP....not gaining.

Im not pissed at you as much as the morons on here telling you to do it and that you will get SUBSTANTIAL gains.

you get as much HP from porting your SC as you would by putting a NOS sticker on your fender
So abouts 15 whp....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by invisible
So abouts 15 whp....
damn, wtf you getting your NOS stickers?

mine are 5 rated
Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, wtf you getting your NOS stickers?

mine are 5 rated
Then urs must not be aluminum coated
Old 07-02-2008, 04:14 PM

... lots of fail in this thread... and in only 2 pages... wow...

Too bad that no one ever read up on their compression, flow and thermal efficiency lately....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned

Then urs must not be aluminum coated
pepboys "stick ons" ftl

Originally Posted by Omega_5
... lots of fail in this thread... and in only 2 pages... wow...

Too bad that no one ever read up on their compression, flow and thermal efficiency lately....
Finally,

Pepsi challenge? Id love to be educated

Last edited by rrutter81; 07-02-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Banned

So abouts 15 whp....
Unless you drive a hnda then the sticker adds 45hp
Old 07-02-2008, 04:20 PM

stop acting like you are gods gift to porting man. First off I dont have the dyno's anymore. They are with the dealer that owns my car now. Second search the site I know there are dynos of my car before and after somewhere on here as well as for the new era performance cobalt which had a ported and polished blower. Mine was ported on the intake side with the throttle body matched and the triangle was smoothed out not opened very much just enough to create a much smoother contour.

You act like your this god and the only thing you can do is hurt your car. Wrong. Again search the site there are dyno's somewhere. Or ask mike at new era to see what his gains were on thier cobalt. People do gain with a port and polish

the biggest gains I had on my car were the drop in iat's which was the main reason we did it.

by the way no where did i say I got substantial gains, i did say great gains, although in your opinion Im not sure what a substantial gain is.

Also the gains could be attributed to my other mods and that by porting and polishing, we were able to get more out of those other mods

If done correctly this is more of a supporting mod then anything

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 07-02-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Finally,

Pepsi challenge? Id love to be educated
See above post.

Work the numbers, not your mouth.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

See above post.

Work the numbers, not your mouth.
Even if his IATs did drop, he would have to tune to account for the change and advance some timing for these "great" gains.

And since people arent saying "god my car is running like crap" because they ported the SC, its not making this great difference you all make it out to be.

What did you lower IATs by? 1-5 degrees max? I can understand the drop just from a polish, but the port only freed up air that you were going to be stuffing in at ignition.

You guys are basicly arguing that you can stuff more air through a straw with a wider outlet and you are full of **** i dont care who you are. I call major b.s.

Hook up your HP Tuners and measure PSI at the intake mani with and without the port job.

You lost the compressed air in that intake mani. I could do the SAME thing by limiting the boost in my SC by 50% without using a dremel
Old 07-02-2008, 04:28 PM

Even if his IATs did drop, he would have to tune to account for the change and advance some timing for these "great" gains.

And since people arent saying "god my car is running like crap" because they ported the SC, its not making this great difference you all make it out to be.

What did you lower IATs by? 1-5 degrees max? I can understand the drop just from a polish, but the port only freed up air that you were going to be stuffing in at ignition.

You guys are basicly arguing that you can stuff more air through a straw with a wider outlet and you are full of **** i dont care who you are. I call major b.s.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
why does everyone think in psi?

seriously?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Area47

seriously?
unfortunately given that our engine has many nooks and bends, psi is created when forcing cfm in.

increase the openings, decrease psi and increase the potential for cfm.

or would u rather g/sec or kpa?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 PM

... CFM... IAT...

PSI is too much of a flexible number to reliably base anything off of...
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

... CFM... IAT...

PSI is too much of a flexible number to reliably base anything off of...
something we can agree on.

Ya know what? If you guys think its a great mod, go ahead.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Ya know what? If you guys think its a great mod, go ahead.
I did... so far so good.
And I'm not the only one who's done it.... ask many of the past users of Eaton roots blowers... they agree that porting, if done right, is a great mod.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM

lower IATs sound good to me......hey anything to lower them on this car is worth it
Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 PM

unfortunately given that our engine has many nooks and bends, psi is created when forcing cfm in.

increase the openings, decrease psi and increase the potential for cfm.

or would u rather g/sec or kpa?
in reference to your last post too. When did I say I didnt tune. Ofcourse I tuned the car after we did it. Why wouldnt you its the only way you can track whats actually happening and get more out of it. Good thing you know everythign I did during my process.

Originally Posted by Area47

seriously?
because who ever has the most psi, has the biggest WEE WEE. duuuuuuhhhhhh

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 07-02-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
in reference to your last post too. When did I say I didnt tune. Ofcourse I tuned the car after we did it. Why wouldnt you its the only way you can track whats actually happening and get more out of it. Good thing you know everythign I did during my process.

this might get good... so far just bickering and different opinions. some one post results, or #'s anything but all talk...
Old 07-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
damn, i fail. im at 16 with a 2.7
Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i ****** suck.
im at 14.5 with a 2.8
lawl
Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM

well area dont feel bad the average is only 15psi me im pushing 98... with 7 turbo's of coarse
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM

i was pushing 35 on my hx35, oh wait that was my diesel nvm!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOOSSTED 06
that is a common ricer determination.

Unfortunatley, everyone fails here who ported their SC and says they even got 1 hp. Guaranteed it didnt happen.

PSI is produced because the cfm is walled off by the intake. When you drop psi by porting the SC you lose the potential CFM.

We all know the bottleneck is the intake manifold, not the SC. Your drop in IATs wasnt enough to do the work for this heaton.

Im calling out anyone who ported their SC as B.S. as far as ANY gains short of torque, and it would be barely noticeable. If you open HP tuners and your PSI dropped at the intake manifold then you just lowered the PSI before the intake.....
The intake doesnt change when you port the SC so the pressure would be greater to force the air in creating ..... dun dun dun PSI

WTF are you thinking if you gain power by pushing LESS air in to the intake?

I actually want to see more IDIOTS (yes im calling EVERYONE out) who think they gained even 1 HP porting their SC.

You lost HP...nuff said, you lowered IATs? great, i can do that by lowering my boost to 50% too

Quick Reply: porting my s/c RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK