2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Post pulley/hub swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post pulley/hub swap questions

Yesterday I did my first pulley/hub swap for a GM S2 and used the ZZP puller along with the instructions. I pressed the pulley installed on the hub on the supercharger so it was flush with the end of the shaft, and I "noticed" that it seemed a bit hard to turn. I did not check the resistance before the swap. I reinstalled everything (re-used the belt since the P/O had the stage 2 kit on but swapped back to the stock pulley for some reason)

On the stock pulley I had 11-12 lbs of boost, now I am seeing 12-12.5 lbs.

Questions:

1. Is it possible that I pressed the pulley on too far and that it is hard to turn and not boosting to full potential due to added resistance?... how much room should there be between the back of the pulley and the SC?

2. I question if my belt is slipping... I dont hear it, but over the supercharger at WOT, I probably wouldnt, how do you verify that it is slipping... I have a S2 belt on hand, but I dont want to replace it if there is another issue.

3. I also changed the coupler inside the snout. I did not use sealant on it during re-assembly... I noticed that others have used water pump sealant, is that neccesary?...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. As long as the hub is not touching the seal, you will be fine. I have seen a couple of different people have different experience with the shaft being slightly hard to turn.

2. If the belt was slipping you would notice when the belt slipped a drop in PSI and a slight jerking coming from the engine.

3. As long as you tighten everything down, you will be fine. Check for leaks periodically to make sure that there is nothing coming out. Last thing you want is no oil in the supercharger. If that happens feel free to PM me and I can give you some ideas on what to do when that happens.