2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Problem with interceptor...help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with interceptor...help!!!

Im having some trouble with my newly installed interceptor (bought it used from a friend) It ws working good for about 15 min. than it turned off on me & than whn it came back on the numbers (lettering) were very dim & i couldnt read nething from back in the drivers seat. The dim is all the way bright & still doesnt help.

Also when I turned the car on just few minutes ago it powered on & lit up the shift light thing & the backround was lit up but NO NUMBERS!!. I pulled over shut the car off & turend the car back on & it was fine except for the dimness still.

And also is the left button supposed to be so touchy & it doesnt "click" when u push it like the right side one does. it was like the left button was stuck on or somthing because when I first powered it up the thing was scrolling through all the different things so fast I couldnt choose nething,so i kinda took my nails and pulled it out a lil & it seemed to do the trick but I just wasnt sure if it was supposed to do this or not

WHAT COULD BE WRONG!

PLEASE HELP

THANKS!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This happened to me when i bought mine used. After a while it just quit turning on, so i sent it in and they fixed it for free. I was pretty impressed with their service. Email them and see if they can help you. Mine still acts up sometimes but if i unplug it and plug it back in it works
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 AM

yea...my problem is that we urethaned the guage in to the pod...that bytch aint comin out. only thing i could do is send the whole pod in with the boost guage and interceptor but i dunno how theyd fix it lol. ill hafta have the gurl i bought it fom have her bf look at it
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 AM

Oh yeah that may be a problem lol. Maybe you can chizzle it out and send it in!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:48 AM

lol i know ryte...i just emailed them & told them its urethaned in there so i asked what they thought could be done. we did it so they dont vibrate out cause they werent fitting too well in the pod & didnt wanna rig it with tape or a rubberband. when I do something my dad makes sure i do it ryte lol not half ass
Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM

Haha i know all about the vibes in the gauges. Well hopefully they can fix it for you!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:56 AM

Taken from aeroforces forum:

Odds are you were pushing the buttons when gauge was powering up (this does not make it boot up faster) and did this just right to enter the service mode. By then continuing the hit buttons without exiting you turned the contrast off. Here's how to fix it:

LCD CALIBRATION PROCESS

1. Hold left button during splash screens (power up screens)
2. When the screen goes blank. Release theleft button
3. Two numbers will be displayed at the top of the screen. They are rv 32 and rr 26
4. The right button will decrease rv.
5. The left button will increase rr.
6. Streaky displays can be fixed by reducing rv two to three units. Dim or poor contrast can be corrected by adjusting rr. Hold left button down until the contrast looks good.
7. After getting display to the best look. Hold both buttons to write these values to EEPROM
8. Gauge boot-up will then continue normally

The should be no reason for you to enter this service mode unless you've already messed up the contrast. There is nothing you can do in there but mess up things.

------------------------

Also the left button if prolly sticking, if you turn the bezel a little to take preasure off the left button that will help, if your left button was sticking then the above will fix your issue..

Last edited by CleverOne; 01-26-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM

CLEVERONE...THANX!!! I saw that lastnyte but wasnt sure if that was it i am DEFINATLY trying that when i get home from work. i talked to the company & they said something about replacing the display. but as u prolly read my guages are urethaned in the pod lol so that would be a prob. what about the left hand button is that supposed to be the way it is?? when i push ut u ant evn tell that it was pushed thats y i think that button is stuck but i pulled it out a lil & now its fine...just bothers me that it doesnt push in like the right side lol
Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Usually the buttons stick because of the bezel, you can twist the front piece a little to teh left and right and the hole in the bezel presses against the button and makes it stick, you have to rotate the bezel to get the preasure off the button.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 PM

nyce...thanx. im goin out now to do the lcd calibration

well now i just went out & I had the lcd to where i wanted it but i started messing with the right side button & now its so dim I can barely see whats on the screen. but i thought the right button was supposed to adjust for a streaky screen not dimness/brightness.

so im asking what are the normal setting supposed to be at for both RV & RR?? this way I can basically start over & just adjust the one for dimness.

HELP!!

Last edited by SSQT125J; 01-26-2010 at 08:37 PM.