2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Question bout water/meth

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Question bout water/meth

I am thinking about buying and installing a water/meth kit however I am curious about a few things 1) where do u buy the water/meth mixture? 2) how much water vs meth do I use? 3) is it safe to run water/meth with the mods I have? I'm sure I will be asked what do I have done to my car well I have an intake, flowmaster muffler, gmpp stage 2, 2.79 pulley, 40 lb injectors, motor mount, CA traction rods. Yea that about covers it. My last run before the mounts and traction rods while on pzero neros was 13.960 @102.04. Thanks guys
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM

you can make the mixture by buying meth and mixing it with water. Race shops have meth. The yellow bottle of heet can be used as meth. the PEAK blue -20 winshield wiper fluid is a 30% mix, so that can be used too. As far a running meth with your current mods...you would want to tune for the meth otherwise you will run to rich and actually lose power.

just use the search and you will find a lot about this topic

You buy meth at home depot. Best mixture to start with 72/25. Some people might say 50/50.. But thats too much water. Meth is safe, thats the whole point of it... its a cooling mod with power benefits if used correctly...

Expect to lose power until you get it retuned.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06cobalt_ss
I am thinking about buying and installing a water/meth kit however I am curious about a few things 1) where do u buy the water/meth mixture? 2) how much water vs meth do I use? 3) is it safe to run water/meth with the mods I have? I'm sure I will be asked what do I have done to my car well I have an intake, flowmaster muffler, gmpp stage 2, 2.79 pulley, 40 lb injectors, motor mount, CA traction rods. Yea that about covers it. My last run before the mounts and traction rods while on pzero neros was 13.960 @102.04. Thanks guys
Check out the css.net supporting vendors. Over the Top Performance and AIS sell water/meth kits. As far was what mixture you should run, I can't really help you there. I just bought the AIS fender mount kit and I'm still trying to figure out what mixture to run.

BTW, are you really running a 2.79" pulley on 40 lb injectors? Your car must be running pretty lean.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
Check out the css.net supporting vendors. Over the Top Performance and AIS sell water/meth kits. As far was what mixture you should run, I can't really help you there. I just bought the AIS fender mount kit and I'm still trying to figure out what mixture to run.

BTW, are you really running a 2.79" pulley on 40 lb injectors? Your car must be running pretty lean.
Yea I got the stage 2 kit and I was told to get the 2.79 pulley because the stage 2 tune runs rich and the 2.79 pulley will bring me to the correct afr. You think I should get bigger injectors?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM

You should always get bigger injectors.

Your not running "lean"... Hes confused with something else. Your injectors are being over worked though.

www.ottperformance.com has everything you need. TurboTechRacing has some other stuff as well, but OTT is starting to come around with some cool sthings.

Theres a few others out there, JBP is one to stay away from. ZZP Is really bad with costumers...

Last edited by ShortStack; 06-12-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ShortStack
You should always get bigger injectors.

Your not running "lean"... Hes confused with something else. Your injectors are being over worked though.

www.ottperformance.com has everything you need. TurboTechRacing has some other stuff as well, but OTT is starting to come around with some cool sthings.

Theres a few others out there, JBP is one to stay away from. ZZP Is really bad with costumers...
Ott has the injectors but it says if I don't have aftermarket injectors I am going to need the harness. I have the stage 2 injectors that gm installed so would I need the harness?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Yes.

You can also pay like 20 bucks and just get the clips that plug into the injectors... that means you have to cut them and re attach, but it isnt that big of an issue.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Do I need the clips or jus the injectors n harness? Is it hard to change or can I do them myself?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 AM

If you dont want to buy the harness, you use the clips and injectors... otherwise you just use the harness and injectors.

Easy stuff.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly. If you set your meth up right it will act as a supplemental fuel injector. That will allow you to run your 42's on that pulley without maxing them out. Now to do that your going to need to get a custom tune and get rid of that stage 2 tune. Your going to need a tune to run meth regardless so putting the injectors on hold is probably a safe bet for you.

Personally I never found Methanol at home depot. I saw denatured alcohol which still works in alky injection but it doesn't have the cooling effects of methanol. I had to go to a race fuel shop to get mine.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
Honestly. If you set your meth up right it will act as a supplemental fuel injector. That will allow you to run your 42's on that pulley without maxing them out. Now to do that your going to need to get a custom tune and get rid of that stage 2 tune. Your going to need a tune to run meth regardless so putting the injectors on hold is probably a safe bet for you.

Personally I never found Methanol at home depot. I saw denatured alcohol which still works in alky injection but it doesn't have the cooling effects of methanol. I had to go to a race fuel shop to get mine.
I don't know any race shops in NYC is there an online store that can ship meth? And how much does the meth cost?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Go to home depot and buy it.

Edit: Just saw where you didnt find it..

Odd... Ill have to check another store i thought i found it at too.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:07 AM

U mean the denatured alchol? Is that safe lol how much does that cost and typically how long does a tank of meth last?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 AM

If you have the money get bigger injectors, so later on your can built.

Dont buy the meth kit from OTT, they have crazy shipping charges, unless that has changed.. Same price typically from devils own themselves.

Dont try to get it online, your normally have to pay a hazardous shipping charge, so unless you buy a 55 gal drum, its worthless.

Denatured alcohol is safe, it does have a higher octane than methanol but its not worth the extra money. I filled about a half gallon every week, I was running 7 GPH nozzle.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a few online stores that can ship meth. But, I guarantee that you can find pure methanol in NYC. I found them on the AIS websight. I rarely drive my cobalt so I haven't even used a full tank since I've had it for about a month.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
There are a few online stores that can ship meth. But, I guarantee that you can find pure methanol in NYC. I found them on the AIS websight. I rarely drive my cobalt so I haven't even used a full tank since I've had it for about a month.
I agree with you NYC has to have somewhere... Maybe try a local forum for boosted cars and ask, if nobody knows on here.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Ok I'm sold on meth. Now which one to get? Can I install it myself?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM

They are all reletively the same thing.

Yes you can do this yourself.

Dont need to worry about the "progressive" controller...

Its better to just use teh standard.

Last edited by ShortStack; 06-12-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM

Ok I'm sold on meth. Now which one to get? Can I install it myself?
I had the universal kit from devils own with a 6-30 psi pressure switch, it worked great. cheaper than a progressive system. Only down fall that some dont like is that you have to tap into your washer fluid bottle.

^beat me to it.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
I had the universal kit from devils own with a 6-30 psi pressure switch, it worked great. cheaper than a progressive system. Only down fall that some dont like is that you have to tap into your washer fluid bottle.

^beat me to it.
Y do u have to tap into your washer fluid? What happens if I run outta meth? My friend had a snow meth kit in his evo n he used the home depot denatured alchol n his kit messed up the motor and had to remove it so I'm weary about useing the home depot meth
Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 AM

Y do u have to tap into your washer fluid? What happens if I run outta meth? My friend had a snow meth kit in his evo n he used the home depot denatured alchol n his kit messed up the motor and had to remove it so I'm weary about useing the home depot meth
the kit I was talking about has no tank, you have to either find a kinda large tank (1gal+) or tap into the washer bottle which is more than a gallon..

Run out of meth your will detonate quickly, may cause damage to the internals.

Dont buy it from home depot.. Denatured alcohol, aka ethanol, is actually a little better because of its octane, but way too expensive IMO.

Find a petrol station, they usually have meth cheap! I found a station here and it cost me 1.99 a gallon.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Shoot me a pm with your address and I will get you a discounted quote on a kit.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Did he tune it after ward? Or just install it and spray?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Nah he tuned it and it ran well but about a month or 2 later it clogged or something like that and he hand to remove it

Quick Reply: Question bout water/meth