2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Review: 2.6", ZZP snout machining tool, JBP CA Bushings...Update on Ingall's

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: 2.6", ZZP snout machining tool, JBP CA Bushings...Update on Ingall's

Intense 2.6":

OMFG...what an increase over the BF 2.7"...I'm in love...soooooooo worth it...awesome quality and I had the part in less than 24hrs of ordering it...amazing..machine scews are soft tho and I rounded out one of the heads already...also including lockwashers wouldnt hurt either. Havent scanned yet but me and patath were neck and neck on the hwy yesteday so I asume we are running the same boost levels.

ZZP Snout Tool:

Ok no instructions... no biggie...a corded drill is essential or u'll be there all day. Also if ur using an intense pulley there is no need to machine 5/8" in...only 3/8" or less required...very professional finish and worked flawlessly...I recommend using air to blow the chips out as it cuts and a file to clean the cutting tool.

JBP CA Bushings:

Yes they kill a TON of wheel hop...But mine fell out of the control arms twice...I ended up taking the car to muffler man and having them weld tabs over the bushings so they couldnt fall out again...cost $120...but I never have to worry about them coming out again...car feels ultra connected now and like just makes it feel sweet. Also no more dash shaking wheel hop...combine the CA bushings with an ingall's damper and I honestly believe you will have 0 wheelhop under any circumstance.

I originally said the above...upon further testing have the same wheel hop as stock...I can't recommend these bushings

FYI:

Ingall's is replacing my damper free orf charge because of the directions that were wrong...Awesome customer service and they really care about their products and customers!

Dan

Last edited by djt81185; 04-24-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Instructions were wrong? How so?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ninja44
Instructions were wrong? How so?
With reguards to the washers on the damper bolts
Old 04-22-2006, 06:40 PM

I have pictures. First is of 2.6" v. Stock pulley hahahaha
Next is pulley installed with larger tensioner.

This shows how little clearance is necessary. We only machined as much as needed not the total 5/8". The farthest red mark is 5/8".

And this is of the snout itself. Mine probably is not as good as Dan's cause my was the first of the two. The quality still can't be beat.

I was absolutely happy with our night, and I am glad you got your CABs taken care of Dan.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:06 PM

Congrats on the upgrades.

Is it just me or is that belt installed wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, it's me. I havn't been under the hood in a while and thought the teeth were supposed to be on the other side.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:11 PM

No the intense pulley has extra ribs. If you look at it from an inline position the belt is lined up properly. I assume that is what you are talking about, right?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:14 PM

No I just didn't realize the the belt is ribbed on both sides. I'm used to the single sided belt on my truck. I really havn't been under the hood too much on the Cobalt. Been too busy working to pay for it.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
No I just didn't realize the the belt is ribbed on both sides. I'm used to the single sided belt on my truck. I really havn't been under the hood too much on the Cobalt. Been too busy working to pay for it.
Ahhhh, I see. I love having a shop that has a decent assortment of tools in it. Last night, the hydraulic press was Dan and myselfs best friend. hahah But yes it is a doublesided belt.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:06 PM

damn that is small. and your running this with the intense kit right?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
JBP CA Bushings:

Yes they kill a TON of wheel hop...But mine fell out of the control arms twice...I ended up taking the car to muffler man and having them weld tabs over the bushings so they couldnt fall out again...cost $120...but I never have to worry about them coming out again...car feels ultra connected now and like just makes it feel sweet. Also no more dash shaking wheel hop...combine the CA bushings with an ingall's damper and I honestly believe you will have 0 wheelhop under any circumstance.
That's odd. Quite a few people have the bushings and haven't had that happen.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by max_boost
That's odd. Quite a few people have the bushings and haven't had that happen.
Well I dont think either of us ever did CA bushings before...and after they fell out the second time I just didnt want to deal with it. Talking with the muffler man dudes...they said this is common with performance bushings...cept the jbp ones are made of aluminum and I have a redline so I have the steel lower CA so they had to weld the tabs over instead of tacking the bushings. Either way im happy now...cept im getting the one steering noise that is a tsb on the saturns. Gotta love these cars lol.

Dan
Old 04-23-2006, 02:34 AM

Did they fall out while you were driving or before you even got the ca reinstalled?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:18 AM

What kind of boost numbers are you running and how is your AFR doin? Im running a 2.8 and im pushing 18.4 PSI. Have you run into any problems yet? I thought that pistons were not forged and being at an astounding 9.5:1 comp. ratio isnt that very dangerous? im all for making more power but man I dont think I can afford another engine right now.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:18 AM

i think your runnin way too lean with just a 2.6 inch pulley, ive heard of some motor damage with just a 2.8 inch pulley, im thinkin you better add some new air and fuel flow to ur engine and fast before you damage something. Ive heard something about the redline of the supercharger to be a certain number around 16,000 and the 2.7 is right under that redline so the 2.6 is highly dangerous if your running lean, but thats just my opinion, you may not even be running lean at all i just didnt hear of any other mods. and finally.... it dont matter how many edges or w.e the belt has on the end if its too small then its just too small and thats it no matter how ribbed it is. For example: it dont matter how easy it is for one thing to stick to another if it cant grab it good in the first place. thats just my two cents, feel free to rip me a new one if it makes u happy
Old 04-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobss187
i think your runnin way too lean with just a 2.6 inch pulley, ive heard of some motor damage with just a 2.8 inch pulley, im thinkin you better add some new air and fuel flow to ur engine and fast before you damage something. Ive heard something about the redline of the supercharger to be a certain number around 16,000 and the 2.7 is right under that redline so the 2.6 is highly dangerous if your running lean, but thats just my opinion, you may not even be running lean at all i just didnt hear of any other mods. and finally.... it dont matter how many edges or w.e the belt has on the end if its too small then its just too small and thats it no matter how ribbed it is. For example: it dont matter how easy it is for one thing to stick to another if it cant grab it good in the first place. thats just my two cents, feel free to rip me a new one if it makes u happy
at 7,000 rpm it is to small but if he were to keep revs at 6500 he should be okay
Old 04-23-2006, 08:47 AM

bushings fell out as I was driving...on at 5mph...the other at 140mph.

maxpit...no offense dude but it sounds like something is wrong with ur car...I was only running 16.8 psi with a 2.7". Sounds like u may have a clogged converter of something. a 2.6 sould put a car right in the 18-19psi range.

cobss...I have 42.5;b injectors in the car already. Rob on these forums has tested the a/f ratio with the 2.6 and we know it if safe...we really only start to run out of fueling with a 2.5. Either way my car will have 60lb/hr injectors by the time the year is over so im not too concerned.

With the gtp tensioner there is PLENTY of tension.

Lastly...gtp owners spin the gen3 eaton m90 to well over 16k...and their blower is only rated for 14k continuous...we wont have any problems rom what I can see and have researched.

Dan
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 AM

^^^Same as Dan with me. I actually log less knock on WOT runs with the 2.6 than I did with the 2.8. My car was at 16.5 psi with a 2.8. Now I hit 19 and I have seen 20 on the interceptor.

There is no problem with tension now. With an oversized tensioner you have about the same tension as the stock tensioner with stock pulley.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:02 AM

bushings fell out as I was driving...on at 5mph...the other at 140mph.
Damn, that had to be interesting, to say the least. Did you have to tow the car to the muffler shop or were you able to get them back in on the side of the road.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by max_boost
Damn, that had to be interesting, to say the least. Did you have to tow the car to the muffler shop or were you able to get them back in on the side of the road.
Lol i just kept driving on them...Took it slow...about 65 and everytime u went from gas to coast of back it made a slamming nose and the cars wheel would change directions since the wheel was fliping back and forth in the mount...had to drive about 10 miles total like that...very dangerous driving since it would try and change lanes by itself.

Dan

O yeah bet way to descirbe the 2.6" in 2nd gear is "hand of god" lol
Old 04-23-2006, 12:53 PM

Lol i just kept driving on them...Took it slow...about 65 and everytime u went from gas to coast of back it made a slamming nose and the cars wheel would change directions since the wheel was fliping back and forth in the mount...had to drive about 10 miles total like that...very dangerous driving since it would try and change lanes by itself.

Dan

I've got almost 400 miles on mine and they haven't fallen out so I should be ok, hopefully.

And yes, the 2.6" is pretty wicked. The SS I rode in with one was crazy fast.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:55 PM

Nice review djt, I can't wait to have the supporting mods to go down to a pulley that small...or smaller? That sucks about your CABs though, we used a press to get mine into the control arm, and they were pretty darn snug...but I'm going to go take a look at them just in case lol.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
Nice review djt, I can't wait to have the supporting mods to go down to a pulley that small...or smaller? That sucks about your CABs though, we used a press to get mine into the control arm, and they were pretty darn snug...but I'm going to go take a look at them just in case lol.
Thanks,

Funny thing was when I got this car I told my mom its already quick so I wont need to do anything to it lmao. Now I tell her I'm doing things for reliability lol
Old 04-23-2006, 01:18 PM

i said the same thing
Old 04-23-2006, 01:27 PM

Anyone try the 2.6 pulley with Stage 1 yet???
Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM

HAHA, I let someone ride in the car with me last night and second gear was the gear he just went "WOW" in....

Quick Reply: Review: 2.6", ZZP snout machining tool, JBP CA Bushings...Update on Ingall's